hibs.net Messageboard

 

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Official Site: BUYING TICKETS ONLINE: FAQS



  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    48
    Posts
    5,308
    Does this mean that no queues start before noon? Trying to get onto the site itself has been problematic if not logged in a good bit in advance from my experience.

    "The tickets will not be listed online until 12pm on Wednesday 10 January, at which point the website will automatically refresh. If you are on our e-ticketing site at this time, please note that this will reset the online queue as a result of the refresh to list the fixture."

  4. #3
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    33
    Posts
    17,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does this mean that no queues start before noon? Trying to get onto the site itself has been problematic if not logged in a good bit in advance from my experience.

    "The tickets will not be listed online until 12pm on Wednesday 10 January, at which point the website will automatically refresh. If you are on our e-ticketing site at this time, please note that this will reset the online queue as a result of the refresh to list the fixture."

    I think that means you get bumped off the site if you're logged in prior to 12pm

  5. #4
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    56
    Posts
    22,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that means you get bumped off the site if you're logged in prior to 12pm
    😳

  6. #5
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    28,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that means you get bumped off the site if you're logged in prior to 12pm
    That should stop people logged in on multiple devices from clogging up the system.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  7. #6
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    56
    Posts
    22,990
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That should stop people logged in on multiple devices from clogging up the system.
    Pretty good shout. There must be a way of only being able to be signed in, on one device

  8. #7
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    33
    Posts
    17,846
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That should stop people logged in on multiple devices from clogging up the system.

    I don't see how multiple devices will benefit anyone as its the same wifi you're using in your house so surely it just slows down the wifi having 2, 3, 4 devices all connected to wifi all trying to do the same thing?

  9. #8
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Southside
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see how multiple devices will benefit anyone as its the same wifi you're using in your house so surely it just slows down the wifi having 2, 3, 4 devices all connected to wifi all trying to do the same thing?
    Laptop on WiFi, phone on 4g

  10. #9
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    33
    Posts
    17,846
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Laptop on WiFi, phone on 4g

    4G isn't really any good though is it and the tickets site is certainly not mobile friendly.

  11. #10
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    56
    Posts
    22,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    4G isn't really any good though is it and the tickets site is certainly not mobile friendly.
    Surprised you say that, I buy all my online tickets, when I need them via my phone 4g, as I canít guarantee Iíll be near my PC or an internet connection

  12. #11
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,718
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That should stop people logged in on multiple devices from clogging up the system.
    But without loads of people logging on multiple times we might not be able to complain about the systems being slow!
    Mon the Hibs.

  13. #12
    I have had better luck on my phone than on my pc. I'll be edging my bets with multiple devices some signed in before noon some on noon. I doubt there have been any changes to the way Ticketmaster works. I fully expect there to be no rhyme or reason to what device gets in first and then a complete crab shoot as to getting to ticket depending which section you choose. If they just sell all tickets rather than drop downs for each section then it will be a massive improvement.

    I would be interested to hear how many tickets will be going on sale. That shouldn't be a secret.

  14. #13
    @hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Newcastle/Gateshead
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,098
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see how multiple devices will benefit anyone as its the same wifi you're using in your house so surely it just slows down the wifi having 2, 3, 4 devices all connected to wifi all trying to do the same thing?
    These websites donít use a lot of bandwidth - itís the site itself that is slow due to the number of people connecting. 4 devices connected to WiFi shouldnít cause any noticeable slowdown.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved