hibs.net Messageboard

 

Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1

    Official Site: BLAKE AND STIRLING LOAN DEALS CANCELLED



  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    56
    Posts
    22,990
    Good news for Ben

  4. #3
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    48
    Posts
    5,308
    Where does Ben Stirling play and how far away from first team is be reckoned to be?

  5. #4
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    56
    Posts
    22,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where does Ben Stirling play and how far away from first team is be reckoned to be?
    Heís currently playing central/holding midfielder. Hibs think that where his best position currently is. Strong and good in the tackle.
    Heís mostly played right back, left back, or centre half, so very versatile
    I know Lennnonís been impressed with him of late, hence his call up to train with the 1st team, along with Shaw, Murray and Porteous
    Should never have gone to Cowdenbeath in the 1st place

    Hope Andrew Blake gets fit as soon as possible

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    13,338
    Shaw got a new deal as well. 3 years.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #6
    @hibs.net private member Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    50
    Posts
    54,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good news for Ben
    Sounds like he's going to be in contention for the first team.

  8. #7
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    48
    Posts
    5,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heís currently playing central/holding midfielder. Hibs think that where his best position currently is. Strong and good in the tackle.
    Heís mostly played right back, left back, or centre half, so very versatile
    I know Lennnonís been impressed with him of late, hence his call up to train with the 1st team, along with Shaw, Murray and Porteous
    Should never have gone to Cowdenbeath in the 1st place

    Hope Andrew Blake gets fit as soon as possible
    Thanks Billy.

  9. #8
    Testimonial Due Since90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    2,724
    Stirling possibly called up to bolster midfield options with the likelyhood someone is going to be away in January possibly?

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stirling possibly called up to bolster midfield options with the likelyhood someone is going to be away in January possibly?
    Or he is in to provide fullback cover?

  11. #10
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    676
    Quote Originally Posted by Tug Wilson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or he is in to provide fullback cover?

    Good call.

  12. #11
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    10,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He’s currently playing central/holding midfielder. Hibs think that where his best position currently is. Strong and good in the tackle.
    He’s mostly played right back, left back, or centre half, so very versatile
    I know Lennnon’s been impressed with him of late, hence his call up to train with the 1st team, along with Shaw, Murray and Porteous
    Should never have gone to Cowdenbeath in the 1st place

    Hope Andrew Blake gets fit as soon as possible
    As posted on the PM board, he very much looked the part in the dev games I've seen him in. Other players like Martin and Crane caught the eye because they were busy, but Ben always looked very assured. He and Oli were the pick of the bunch for me. Hopefully he gets a chance to contribute as a squad player in the second half of the season.
    Last edited by Mibbes Aye; 05-01-2018 at 04:50 PM.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  13. #12
    @hibs.net private member DexterStJock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stirling possibly called up to bolster midfield options with the likelyhood someone is going to be away in January possibly?
    In to cover for Bartleys imminent operation..
    Lien Nonnel

  14. #13
    @hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    860
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In to cover for Bartleys imminent operation..
    Really? First I've heard of an op for marv

  15. #14
    Testimonial Due Mikey09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    2,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As posted on the PM board, he very much looked the part in the dev games I've seen him in. Other players like Martin and Crane caught the eye because they were busy, but Ben always looked very assured. He and Oli were the pick of the bunch for me. Hopefully he gets a chance to contribute as a squad player in the second half of the season.

    Spot on mate. Ben is a very good footballer. Great on the ball, likes a tackle and hardly wastes a pass. Only thing I would say is he needs to have more belief in his own ability. Oh, and such a nice lad.

  16. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In to cover for Bartleys imminent operation..
    ???

  17. #16
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In to cover for Bartleys imminent operation..
    Is that the one he will need to remove Walker from his pocket after the cup game?

  18. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As posted on the PM board, he very much looked the part in the dev games I've seen him in. Other players like Martin and Crane caught the eye because they were busy, but Ben always looked very assured. He and Oli were the pick of the bunch for me. Hopefully he gets a chance to contribute as a squad player in the second half of the season.
    The great thing at Hibs just now is that we have a very settled squad with quality throughout.

    It makes for a great atmosphere to bring in youngsters and gently feed them in to gain experience without too much pressure.

    Hopefully gone are the days of parachuting in players like Sam Stanton, Danny Handling, Callum Booth and Alex Harris and praying they will turn things around. Each had some good games but the pressure on them to carry the team was too much to ask.

    Bit like our neighbours with their wonder kid 16 year olds. You can not ask these guys to consistently deliver.

    Good to see Hibs bringing through young players with a view to their development and long term career.

  19. #18
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    10,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Tug Wilson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The great thing at Hibs just now is that we have a very settled squad with quality throughout.

    It makes for a great atmosphere to bring in youngsters and gently feed them in to gain experience without too much pressure.

    Hopefully gone are the days of parachuting in players like Sam Stanton, Danny Handling, Callum Booth and Alex Harris and praying they will turn things around. Each had some good games but the pressure on them to carry the team was too much to ask.

    Bit like our neighbours with their wonder kid 16 year olds. You can not ask these guys to consistently deliver.

    Good to see Hibs bringing through young players with a view to their development and long term career.
    Good post. Ryan Porteous probably exemplifies your point. He's getting opportunities around the first team but not because we have to, because we want to, and it's at a pace that is good for his development.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  20. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good post. Ryan Porteous probably exemplifies your point. He's getting opportunities around the first team but not because we have to, because we want to, and it's at a pace that is good for his development.
    It is always a balance. No point having a youth system if you do not create opportunities for the best of them to come through.

    Agree that the blooding of Porteous has been well managed. He has all the makings of a quality centre half but it is a position where experience really counts. Look how Paul Hanlon has begun to blossom into a great defender after some difficult years when still very young.

    Now we are able to bring Ryan through without the same pressures and also playing beside some real quality defenders.

  21. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Tug Wilson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is always a balance. No point having a youth system if you do not create opportunities for the best of them to come through.

    Agree that the blooding of Porteous has been well managed. He has all the makings of a quality centre half but it is a position where experience really counts. Look how Paul Hanlon has begun to blossom into a great defender after some difficult years when still very young.

    Now we are able to bring Ryan through without the same pressures and also playing beside some real quality defenders.
    He's one of the best prospects I've seen playing for Hibs. He's going to play at a much higher level than the Scottish Premiership.

  22. #21
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    10,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Tug Wilson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is always a balance. No point having a youth system if you do not create opportunities for the best of them to come through.

    Agree that the blooding of Porteous has been well managed. He has all the makings of a quality centre half but it is a position where experience really counts. Look how Paul Hanlon has begun to blossom into a great defender after some difficult years when still very young.

    Now we are able to bring Ryan through without the same pressures and also playing beside some real quality defenders.
    I think this is the critical point. He can look to Hanlon, who was similarly brought in at an early age and ahead of most of his peers, and learn from his experience.

    He's also got Whittaker and Ambrose, a mix of top-flight English experience, European experience and international experience, and no shortage of medals, to help him develop.

    And that's not to downplay the other defenders - Lewis, Darren and SDG consistently demonstrate superbly professional attitudes on the pitch and that is a great culture for a young player to absorb.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved