hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Levein

Levein

Did you just hear that plonker?

Talking about his wee laddie bossing Scott Brown at Tynie so Scott was getting him back!!

Great comeback from Rodgers saying the young boy is too young at 16 to be in a big game against the best team 😂👏

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    Levein is a slaver.

Best ignored.
    Last edited by andy1875; 01-02-2018 at 05:25 PM.

If that was NL coming out with stuff like that the beaks would have been all over him like a rash.

Best shut up Potter, it wasn't even a foul.

100% prick of a man.

I remember when Broony was a cocky wee ***** and mixing it with the big lads, Alan Thompson emptied him at Easter Road with a cracking challenge. Thompson apparently apologised to Broony later (I think he was out injured for quite a while?) but it was a wee education for SB that if you want to dish it out, you have to take it.

I have no wish to see an obviously talented Scottish laddie like Cochrane gettting a bad yin, but if the injury is relatively minor then it might be a lesson learned for him too.

Of course, Levein is the funniest man in Scotland so he'll only be joking anyway.

Left by mutual consent!
    There are a couple of other threads on this, but as somebody else has pointed out the ref didn't give a foul for the challenge so Levein is once again just stirring things:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42908092

Anyone remember if Levein demanded protection for McGinn when Cochrane tried (unsuccessfully) to injure him?

I certainly don't.

Levein is selective with his comments and I just wish some journo would ask him for his view on that incident.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    The verbal diarrhoea is sloshing from him like the real thing did at Dens.

Left by mutual consent!
    .... dick

Potters wants the yams to dish it out but isn't happy when on the receiving end!

Having viewed Browns tackle from all angles the young wee plooky rat is too slow to react and falls down (like most of them to at the slightest brush).

Now it's a prove FACT that they are the dirtiest team in the league and will continue to be so under potter.

Now he reckons Brown was reaping revenge following being taught a lesson by a 16 year old following their defeat and the tiniest park in the SPL??

The yam support also think the plooky rat will run rings round Brown for years to come?? I very much doubt that he will be anywhere near the player has been.

I would also like to ask why a 16 year old is big enough to chop down McGinn and only get a yellow and get sent off at St Johnstone.

If he's big enough to dish it he's man enough to take it.

Stop whinging Potter. It was your decision to play a 16 year old at Celtic Park against Brown who is no angel. He gets away with murder at times.

Left by mutual consent!
    They don't like it up em

Absolute bellend

Thought the challenge on Cochrane was fine he landed on him and that's how he got injured no? Browns challenge on Djoum I think was quite bad. But pot kettle and black comes to mind with regards to levein .

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now he reckons Brown was reaping revenge following being taught a lesson by a 16 year old following their defeat and the tiniest park in the SPL??
    He's an abject weirdo. He thinks he gets under his rivals skins by what he says but he makes himself look like a fruitcake. The most boring, banal, rolf-looking fruitcake in the world.

He came through under Diddy McDonald, who was a cheat, a thug, a bigot and cared nothing for football as a spectacle - only the goading and gloating. It was under him the "drop to the floor at the slightest brush, kick out whenever you think you can get away with it, get in the refs ear" tactics came about. The only Hearts coach who played in that era who didn't pass those tactics on was Wee Fat John, Levein has them as his default. In a way I hope he carries on. The **** youth just don't like the drabness in their play or the library atmosphere and they are stopping attending Tynie more and more. He'll lose them supporters long term, but meanwhile leave a rake of injuries to their own players and other clubs' with hammer-thrower stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    The verbal diarrhoea is sloshing from him like the real thing did at Dens.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    He's an abject weirdo. He thinks he gets under his rivals skins by what he says but he makes himself look like a fruitcake. The most boring, banal, rolf-looking fruitcake in the world.

He came through under Diddy McDonald, who was a cheat, a thug, a bigot and cared nothing for football as a spectacle - only the goading and gloating. It was under him the "drop to the floor at the slightest brush, kick out whenever you think you can get away with it, get in the refs ear" tactics came about. The only Hearts coach who played in that era who didn't pass those tactics on was Wee Fat John, Levein has them as his default. In a way I hope he carries on. The **** youth just don't like the drabness in their play or the library atmosphere and they are stopping attending Tynie more and more. He'll lose them supporters long term, but meanwhile leave a rake of injuries to their own players and other clubs' with hammer-thrower stuff.
    Indeed pointing the finger at those who put the boot in when it is his own tactics that provoke such responses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Maybe Levein is trying to lose his 'boring' tag by becoming controversial. We recently had his 'natural order' garbage, now he's singling out another team's player for a verbal assault.
    Or could it be he's just losing the plot?

The plot more like a allotment hiding in wee shed with a wee bucket just in case

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    What a complete bellend , His team are full of hatchet men that are told to kick anything that moves , What an erse he is

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp View Post
    Maybe Levein is trying to lose his 'boring' tag by becoming controversial. We recently had his 'natural order' garbage, now he's singling out another team's player for a verbal assault.
    Or could it be he's just losing the plot?
    Losing the plot could be one explanation, but I suspect he's got psychological personality problems.Still mentally affected with what happened in '86,his failure as Scotland manager, his pathological hatred of Hibs, his medals count, and his delusional sense superiority where football is concerned in Edinburgh.There's enough material to write a new thesis on behavioral patterns of the failed football manager.

The definition of hertz ****

A thug and a bully as a player and no change as a manager

I actually like a wee spat between managers or players. Dislike both of them, so will be fun to see who goes next..

https://twitter.com/lilze8/status/959051863273459713?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc% 5Eios%7Ctwgr%5Enet.whatsapp.WhatsApp.ShareExtensio n%7Ctwcon%5E7100%7Ctwterm%5E0

Craig once scored the winner in a Hearts v Celtic game - bet he wishes he'd caught the Dens Park Diaorehha to keep him out of this one too (link courtesy of my wife)!

For some tackles it can be subjective as to whether or not it was fair and in this case Scott Brown crossed the line, but I kind of think it would have been funnier if he hadn't gone over the line.

Levein now saying Cochrane told him he'll sort Brown out in the next game... Levein's response? "You go son!"

Now if that's not endangering his 16 year old prodigy I don't know what is.

First Team Breakthrough GillyHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    Levein now saying Cochrane told him he'll sort Brown out in the next game... Levein's response? "You go son!"

That's a red rag to Scott Brown. Cant wait to see the wee prick sent 10 foot in the air.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post

So a player and their manager giving the referee and excuse to get sent off about a minute into the game. Cue, Willie will be disappointed at that sending off when he sees it again..

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy4 View Post
    Did you just hear that plonker?

Talking about his wee laddie bossing Scott Brown at Tynie so Scott was getting him back!!

Great comeback from Rodgers saying the young boy is too young at 16 to be in a big game against the best team 😂👏
    That’s not really a good comeback from Rodgers though is it?

Well I’m stripping down to my proverbial Speedo’s and plunging into icy waters for a bracing swim against the tide here. Levein is never going to be everybody’s cup of warming bovril on a Hibs website, but he’s been a decent servant to Los Yambolinos. He isn’t here for the benefit of us, or Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Well I’m stripping down to my proverbial Speedo’s and plunging into icy waters for a bracing swim against the tide here. Levein is never going to be everybody’s cup of warming bovril on a Hibs website, but he’s been a decent servant to Los Yambolinos. He isn’t here for the benefit of us, or Celtic.
    Actually that's true. But that's no reason not to think the guy is a complete bellend.

If he is trying to create a pissing contest between his 16 year old prodigy and Scott Brown there can only be one of two outcomes ..... either Brown will absolutely level him the next time the two clubs meet, possibly resulting in a serious injury to a young kid out of his league when it comes to the experienced Brown. Or worse, he will wind Cochrane up so much that he inflicts a serious, possibly career ending, injury on Brown or another Celtic player, or even worse a Hibs player.

Lets not forget this is a kid who in less than half a season of first team football has already been sent off once and could well have inflicted a serious injury on John McGinn. Whether it was an accident or not Cochrane is now sidelined by injury after getting physical with the aforementioned Brown. Levin is playing with fire here and the result could end in tragedy for a kid who should have a bright future if he is handled properly. In my opinion Levin is feeding his own ego and typically it wont be him who pays the price.

I'm all for a bit of trash talk between managers, its all part of the games rich tapestry. But when you do it you have to think of the consequences .. like it or not Levin's last 3 comments have had the following consequences:

His 'natural order' comment whether it was supposed to be funny or not has enraged not only our fans, but also our backroom staff and players which is going to make the next derby a bad tempered hate fest both on and off the park.

His comment about wishing their winner in the last derby hadn't crossed the line came back to bite him big time just a week later, giving everybody a good laugh at his expense.

Now his comment about Brown and his alleged encouragement of Cochrane to mix it with him next time the clubs meet .... how is that not a possible recipe for disaster as I outlined above?

The man is a classless idiot, which it has to be said is a good fit for a club with ..... no remorse ..... no humility .... and a more inflated sense of its own importance than practically any other club in the UK, never mind Scotland.

I would be willing to bet that outside of the Ugly Sisters Hearts are the most unpopular club in Scotland .... not because they are unbeatable on the park, which they certainly are not, but because of their unjustified arrogance and the way they look down their noses at the rest, Budge's comments about ditching the clubs she sees as 'inferior' from the league system being a case in point.