hibs.net Messageboard

Shaun Woodburn memorial destroyed

Very sad to see that some lowlife has stolen the flag and destroyed the memorial shrine for Shaun Woodburn that was set up by his friends and family to mark the 1 year anniversary of his death.

It really does take a very special kind of ****bag to smash up and steal from the memorial of a murdered young man. I don't know if this was a personal attack against Shaun or his family or if it was just a senseless, drunken act of vandalism but either way its still a shrine for a young man that his loved ones have made, how sick can you possibly be to smash it up?!

Heartbreaking for his friends and family, as if they haven't been through enough this last year - another kick in the teeth for them at the time of year that will be particularly painful for them anyway.

The papers have published the CCTV footage so hopefully someone can identify the wee rat and do the right thing by getting him named and shamed. Really are some sick people out there.
    Last edited by 21.05.2016; 03-01-2018 at 02:48 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Seen that yesterday, disgusting and hopefully they are caught.

I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    I read about this the other day, the callousness of this really beggars belief to be honest.

Why someone would do something like this is genuinely beyond me. I seriously wonder about the human race at times like this.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I read about this the other day, the callousness of this really beggars belief to be honest.

Why someone would do something like this is genuinely beyond me. I seriously wonder about the human race at times like this.
    Indeed. Heartless beyond belief.

Hope whoever it is is feeling totally ashamed but then again that would require a bit of human compassion.

I 'hope' whoever done this has just engaged in a bit of the mindless vandalism some hard of thinking people do from time to time as opposed to it being a targeted attack. Even then they sould surely have realised it was a memorial of some kind? Clowns.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Disgusting. Hope they catch whoever it was.

This is horrific.

How many times must the family of this young man be dealt blows? First the actual incident that led to his death, then the ridiculous sentence, then having the appeal turned down, now some lowlife **** doing this.

I just don't know what possesses some people.

Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I 'hope' whoever done this has just engaged in a bit of the mindless vandalism some hard of thinking people do from time to time as opposed to it being a targeted attack. Even then they sould surely have realised it was a memorial of some kind? Clowns.
    Same, I hope it was just some drunken idiot who had maybe had a bad night and took it out on the nearest thing and is now sitting feeling very ashamed rather than someone who maliciously wanted to destroy it. However, on the CCTV footage it shows it was quite a sustained attacked and he even went away and came back for another go at it before making off with the flag which suggests it wasn't just a drunken, spur of the moment act of mindless vandalism.

Either way though, regardless of the intent theres no excuse for it at all. It was very clear that it was a shrine, the person would have known fine well.
    Last edited by 21.05.2016; 03-01-2018 at 04:29 PM.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    The thought that someone could have done this out of mindless vandalism actually annoys me more than it would if someone actually had a motive, even if that motive was misconceived. It was mindless violence that caused Shaun's death in the first place.

First Team Regular Johnny Clash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    The thought that someone could have done this out of mindless vandalism actually annoys me more than it would if someone actually had a motive, even if that motive was misconceived. It was mindless violence that caused Shaun's death in the first place.
    Itís disgusting. Hope this nasty c*** gets caught. He should receive maximum penalty and then be shunned by whatever community he lives in. The footage shows heís not just a drunk passing by and lashing out. He has a right go and knows exactly what heís doing. Horrible, gutless cowardly f***!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Sometimes words fail me

Heard he's been caught. 46 year old...

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage East View Post
    Heard he's been caught. 46 year old...
    FFS a grown bloody man as well. What a truly pathetic individual.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    FFS a grown bloody man as well. What a truly pathetic individual.
    Thatís disgusting

First Team Regular Johnny Clash's Avatar
    Looks like someoneís now been arrested for this. A 46 year old was in court yesterday.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/crime/man-appears-court-connection-alleged-11805112
    Last edited by Johnny Clash; 06-01-2018 at 07:56 AM.