hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The breadman

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1. Hun 2. Failure 3. Dim 4. Unable to string two sentences together.
    plus I forgot to add graceless and classless to my earlier critique. It seems so inadequate just to call him a bellend.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    He's never had much idea about what a decent defender looks like, or how to hold onto a lead

And definitely arrogant without having much to be arrogant about.
    Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    Indeed, one semi-bright Hun I knew couldn’t believe he let McGregor, one of their best players and only good defender go.

Cummings not even on the bench today for Forrest, think he was a sub at the weekend so not in the picture much at the moment.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 17SquirrelPower View Post
    Indeed, one semi-bright Hun I knew couldn’t believe he let McGregor, one of their best players and only good defender go.

and , I think he had just won the Sevco player of the year.

@hibs.net private member stu in nottingham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YehButNoBut View Post
    Cummings not even on the bench today for Forrest, think he was a sub at the weekend so not in the picture much at the moment.
    He hasn't been in the squad much recently. There were tales of a fall-out between him and Warburton which the latter refuted. Unless the new manager has different ideas he seems well down the pecking order at the moment. Daryl Murphy, Ben Brereton, Tyler Walker and (I think) Zach Clough have all been preferred over Jason recently. They also have a decent striker who has been given no chance at all in Apostolos Vellios. Additionally, Forest have generally been playing just one up front.
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stu in nottingham View Post
    He hasn't been in the squad much recently. There were tales of a fall-out between him and Warburton which the latter refuted. Unless the new manager has different ideas he seems well down the pecking order at the moment. Daryl Murphy, Ben Brereton, Tyler Walker and (I think) Zach Clough have all been preferred over Jason recently. They also have a decent striker who has been given no chance at all in Apostolos Vellios. Additionally, Forest have generally been playing just one up front.
    Have you heard much feedback from Forest fans about how Barrie McKay has settled in? Just watching the first half at Elland Rd there and he's been a bit anonymous but hasn't done much wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Have you heard much feedback from Forest fans about how Barrie McKay has settled in? Just watching the first half at Elland Rd there and he's been a bit anonymous but hasn't done much wrong.
    Yes and I've seen him play a couple of times, both excellent displays. In Forest's 4-0 win over QPR he completely terrorised their defence.

I think at one point he was considered as Forest's best close season signing and possibly player of the season material early on by the fans. Recently, his form has dropped off a cliff though and he looks shorn of confidence. That won't have been helped by Warburton's previous insistence on substituting him at around seventy minutes in many games, no matter how well he was playing.

Many of the Forest supporters I know think they got a great deal earlier in the season. The tide seems to have turned against him somewhat as the team's results have swallow dived. I like him myself, very neat and with fast feet, he is a bit one-footed though.
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stu in nottingham View Post
    Yes and I've seen him play a couple of times, both excellent displays. In Forest's 4-0 win over QPR he completely terrorised their defence.

I think at one point he was considered as Forest's best close season signing and possibly player of the season material early on by the fans. Recently, his form has dropped off a cliff though and he looks shorn of confidence. That won't have been helped by Warburton's previous insistence on substituting him at around seventy minutes in many games, no matter how well he was playing.

Many of the Forest supporters I know think they got a great deal earlier in the season. The tide seems to have turned against him somewhat as the team's results have swallow dived. I like him myself, very neat and with fast feet, he is a bit one-footed though.
    Cheers, the reason I asked was he strikes me as the kind of Scottish player we seem to produce all too often, skillful, good technique and delivery but due to physical development there's a fairly low ceiling to where he's going to get to in the game.

I don't mean his size or even just strength, it's more a lack of a combination of strength, agility and athleticism. In contrast to a lot of young English players but quite reminiscent of guys like Barry Bannon, Jamie Walker and Callum McGregor who share a similar weakness that's going to or already has hampered their prospects despite having some good attributes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Cheers, the reason I asked was he strikes me as the kind of Scottish player we seem to produce all too often, skillful, good technique and delivery but due to physical development there's a fairly low ceiling to where he's going to get to in the game.

I don't mean his size or even just strength, it's more a lack of a combination of strength, agility and athleticism. In contrast to a lot of young English players but quite reminiscent of guys like Barry Bannon, Jamie Walker and Callum McGregor who share a similar weakness that's going to or already has hampered their prospects despite having some good attributes.
    I know what you mean, he's hardly robust but has a lot of natural talent. A former player like Pat Nevin comes to mind also. It might be a case of having one or two of the right players around him. Forest are generally a very small side, especially in midfield and I don't think that helps him. A little while ago I was considering him a reasonable thought for a Scotland call-up, not currently though.

Callum McGregor also played here thirty-odd times on loan on the other side of the Trent at Notts County. Similarly, he was startling at first and head and shoulders above many of the League One journeymen around him. His form also dipped to the point of becoming fairly anonymous too.
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown

I vote Warburton for the Rangers Job. He could do a good job there.