Thinking about our recent home games, what had really impressed me is how we have been able to almost totally pin opponents back into their own half / own box. We used to do it in championship, but i didnt expect us to be able to do it so much in the top league.

I think its partly as a result of the quality of our ball players, but we also seem to put a ring of players around the box about 30 yards out that help to pen opponents in.

However i wonder if this is part of our problem with turning pressurr into chances, never mind goals.

Firstly, by penning opponents in, in forces them to defend deep and puts them in a defensive 'mode'.

Secondly, part of the reason for being able to pin them back, that ring of players who operate 30 yards from goal, means that those players are not getting into the box.

I wonder if we need to let teams have more posession and territory, to allow them to make more space for us to attack?

We seem to make very few good chances for all our domination, and seem to struggle more at home - especially in second halves. Maybe we are nullifying ourselves at times?