hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FitbaFolkKen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hearts are not appealing. Not to me anyway.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    It takes a special kind of person to find hertz appealing

Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    Should get ban doubled on unsuccessful appeal. Makes a mockery of the option to appeal if it is used just to get players available for the next match.

i do agree with you, however in this case he won’t be available for their next match (us in about 3 weeks), because the appeal will be heard long before then.

Yhe he only way he’d be available is if the appeal is upheld and the red is rescinded.

Will be interesting, assuming the appeal fails, how Hearts go about the derby. Don't rate Lavatory too much but he's their out ball, unless they stick that Stockton up top in his place. Should be an even easier derby for our back four.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post

Left by mutual consent!
    Having seen the footage for the first time I find it hard to believe they're appealing. Straight red, no question.

Levein's comment that "Kyle was chasing back, and he was a fraction away from the ball" is laughable.

@hibs.net private member
    Getting the ball doesn't stop challenges being red cards these days.

Watched it a few times now and watched it again just now a few days on. I still think it’s a red card.

Aggressive dangerous tackle.

The thing is though..The SFA have let off Ryan Jack twice this season so he will probably get it downgraded to a yellow.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Having seen the footage for the first time I find it hard to believe they're appealing. Straight red, no question.

Levein's comment that "Kyle was chasing back, and he was a fraction away from the ball" is laughable.
    I think he's right. It was a yellow card at most.

It just goes to show how differently people interpret incidents.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

From the Reports looks like they’re picking on the technicalities of the offence - and the weakest link across all refs in Scotland - consistency. They’re arguing that “excessive force” was not the case as other tackles in the game were on the same level. If Hearts get away with it then they’ll just continue on their clogging ways. Their derby run would in my opinion have been rectified on Paul Wright’s showing on his derby debut - enter Berry stage left break his leg - I don’t think he even got a card!
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Several yards is still only a fraction of a mile
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Appeals panel includes ex players, IIRC?

They have a sense of "was it mistimed, or was it deliberate and dangerous"

Can see why they are appealing, to be honest - could go either way.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    From the Reports looks like they’re picking on the technicalities of the offence - and the weakest link across all refs in Scotland - consistency. They’re arguing that “excessive force” was not the case as other tackles in the game were on the same level. If Hearts get away with it then they’ll just continue on their clogging ways. Their derby run would in my opinion have been rectified on Paul Wright’s showing on his derby debut - enter Berry stage left break his leg - I don’t think he even got a card!
    We never even got a free kick. From memory the ref played on for a long time. Back in the days before players booted the ball out.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    That Berry tackle and also Dave Beaumont's lack of a tackle on Wayne Foster are the two things I remember that completely demonstrated the difference between Hibs and Hearts. I really like that we try to play football the right way but I wish Beaumont had hacked Foster down too. Be dirty once or twice a game in critical situations but don't base your entire game around it.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Appeals panel includes ex players, IIRC?

They have a sense of "was it mistimed, or was it deliberate and dangerous"

Can see why they are appealing, to be honest - could go either way.
    Could go either way, as can be seen by comments here it is not clear cut, I'd say chances are it will be a successful appeal.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I can’t belive anyone thinks it’s anything other than a red. Seriously someone who thinks it’s a yellow from that behind the goals camera angle going to tell me how the ****ity **** they have come to that conclusion.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    The clip pretty much showcases the Hearts/Craig Levein football philosophy - opposing team on the attack, two players put to ground but neither tackled (one pushed over - one kicked over), free kick awarded and Hearts retreat to penalty box to defend the free kick en masse.
    It's a red card for crimes against football alone.

@hibs.net private member
    If that red is changed to a yellow it's an absolute joke. That said I'm really not that fussed if he plays against us or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    The clip pretty much showcases the Hearts/Craig Levein football philosophy - opposing team on the attack, two players put to ground but neither tackled (one pushed over - one kicked over), free kick awarded and Hearts retreat to penalty box to defend the free kick en masse.
    It's a red card for crimes against football alone.
    I recall an Aberdeen Hertz game that was on telly before our game at ER. The game ended 0-0. I recall the Hertz midfield taking turns to kick out at the superior Aberdeen players. On many occasions there was no attempt to play the ball. It was more about stopping the player rather than get the ball.

When a Hertz player was eventually booked that player was substituted before they were sent. Then substitute then proceeded to do the same type of fouling.

Anti football won that day.

Pretty much what happened at the weekend.

Lafferty will not attend the appeal as he’ll be away with Hearts.Incidentally the SFA do not judge the appeal.The panel has at least two if not all three outsiders.

I have watched it over and over and he makes absolutely no attempt to play the balk and catches the Dons player about the knee. It was also from behind.

That could have been a lot worse fir the dons player!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    I have watched it over and over and he makes absolutely no attempt to play the ball and catches the Dons player about the knee. It was also from behind.

That could have been a lot worse for the dons player!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    I have watched it over and over and he makes absolutely no attempt to play the balk and catches the Dons player about the knee. It was also from behind.

That could have been a lot worse fir the dons player!

Jambos are saying it isn't a red card because Shinnie wasn't injured and got up straight away. What an idiotic argument to justify it being downgraded to a yellow, I hope that forms part of their actual case when they make the appeal, it will be chucked out. Then again, I won't be too disappointed if the appeal is successful, he's useless.

He should have had a ban before now in any case, based on his elbowing of Hanlon and Ambrose. He also did a virtually identical tackle to the Shinnie one in the Hamilton game on their sub about a minute after the sub had come on. It could have been red and I couldn't believe he didn't even get a yellow. Maybe that's why Jambos think it is okay, he got away with it then so why not now? Don't think the BBC Alba coverage is available on iplayer anymore to have another look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Jambos are saying it isn't a red card because Shinnie wasn't injured and got up straight away. What an idiotic argument to justify it being downgraded to a yellow, I hope that forms part of their actual case when they make the appeal, it will be chucked out. Then again, I won't be too disappointed if the appeal is successful, he's useless.

He should have had a ban before now in any case, based on his elbowing of Hanlon and Ambrose. He also did a virtually identical tackle to the Shinnie one in the Hamilton game on their sub about a minute after the sub had come on. It could have been red and I couldn't believe he didn't even get a yellow. Maybe that's why Jambos think it is okay, he got away with it then so why not now? Don't think the BBC Alba coverage is available on iplayer anymore to have another look at it.

Sportscene is still available. Mikey S and Thomshun agree its a straight red.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    "The SFA had planned to hear the case next Thursday, January 11, but Hearts travel to Spain for a winter training camp that morning so the date has been brought forward 48 hours. Lafferty and manager Craig Levein are expected to attend."

Looks like they tried to pull a fast one by scheduling their training camp on the same day as the hearing to try and delay it until after the derby. Nae luck.

Left by mutual consent! IlDiavola's Avatar
    It was a yellow card offence.

Hope their appeal fails like but if it was one of our players we would be expecting it to be reduced to a yellow.

Whether he plays against us or not however is of no great concern to me.

Quote Originally Posted by IlDiavola View Post
    It was a yellow card offence.

Hope their appeal fails like but if it was one of our players we would be expecting it to be reduced to a yellow.

Whether he plays against us or not however is of no great concern to me.
    How’s it yellow? Both feet off the ground which right away is an illegal tackle. No attempt at taking the ball, and he’s tackled him from behind. It’s a red everywhere you look at it.

Left by mutual consent! IlDiavola's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    How’s it yellow? Both feet off the ground which right away is an illegal tackle. No attempt at taking the ball, and he’s tackled him from behind. It’s a red everywhere you look at it.
    Well, I think the ref was swayed by the players reaction and that of the crowd. Your points are good ones but I feel that most refs would have only produced the yellow card.

Sorry to disagree but that's what I think.