hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You surely aren't comparing drawing with the likes of Dumbarton and Ayr to the likes of Killie and Motherwell...come on!! Yes we are drawing too many at home but we r a league up on this time last year and the opponents are a bit more challenging

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I wasn't really comparing, just pointing out that our problems aren't anything new. All of the ball. Lack in the final third. Lose goals to opponents limited attacks.

I've commented elsewhere that we can be relatively happy with where we are, it's probably about right. Home form hasn't been good enough though and we need to find a way to change it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Stokes was a statue, Boyle played deeper and narrower for long periods and then bizarrely got sent to play on the left whilst playing against a booked left back. Shaw played well today and had some nice pieces of play. He was easily marked though as he was the only Hibs player in the box. Danny Swanson found loads of space today. It's up to attackers to find space not defenders to surrender it. We are so slow going forward that most teams have their whole midfield back by the time we think about getting towards the box. You don't need to park the bus at Easter Road you can push it into position while Hibs are on the attack.
    As far as Stokes is concerned, I don’t think he was a statue. He just didn’t run around like a headless chicken because if he did, he still would have been well martialed and found space limited. I watched his movement and he did show for the ball and make intelligent runs but I think they were blocked off pretty rapidly.
    Killie were very well organised today and deserve some credit. If anything, maybe changes like Dave and Slivka could have been made earlier to mix it up a wee bit and give them something different to think about.

Scott Allan is worth considering. He got 18 assists last time he was here. Whether he has the necessary drive to play for a club like Hibs is another question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    As far as Stokes is concerned, I don’t think he was a statue. He just didn’t run around like a headless chicken because if he did, he still would have been well martialed and found space limited. I watched his movement and he did show for the ball and make intelligent runs but I think they were blocked off pretty rapidly.
    Killie were very well organised today and deserve some credit. If anything, maybe changes like Dave and Slivka could have been made earlier to mix it up a wee bit and give them something different to think about.
    I would love to see the stats on how many miles the players cover in a game. I do look at Stokes expecting to be disappointed and hoping to be delighted but I pay attention to what he is doing and he hardly covered any ground. No doubting how capable he can be put if he is miles from goals and hardly involved he is a man short.

I thought bringing Dave and Slivka on was essentially saying I am out of ideas or options. We looked far less likely to score when they came on from where I was sitting particularly as it forced Boyle over to the left. Killie do deserve some credit but we must be a dream to play against if you are happy with a point and hoping for a breakaway or set piece to get 3.

Midfielders making runs past the forwards. Driving into the box and committing defenders. Add that to this team and we will do just barry

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    Could be but could also keep them and add to them. I don't know why everbody stresses over transfer windows. What will be will be. Far more interested in who might be coming in rather than who may go out. Sjm will go at a time of our choosing and if the price is right. Let all the usual ridiculous rumours begin.
    I wouldn't say I'm stressing, I'm looking forward to see who we bring in and said on another thread that as much as I'll be gutted to see SJM go, I think with the right signings we could be a better team.

However, it's rare that a clubs best player leaving does anything other than damage them (in the short term at least) so whilst I hope we'll get better, we also need to be realistic and accept that players could leave and see us weakened.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Scott Allan is worth considering. He got 18 assists last time he was here. Whether he has the necessary drive to play for a club like Hibs is another question.

I wouldn't take him back and I'm saying that objectively, without any bitterness about how he left us previously.

His form as Dundee has been poor as far as I can tell and I just don't see him achieving anything in the SPL again. I think he's probably not consistent or hardworking enough. Also, he won't solve the our biggest issue in midfield right now - scoring goals.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    I wouldn't take him back and I'm saying that objectively, without any bitterness about how he left us previously.

His form as Dundee has been poor as far as I can tell and I just don't see him achieving anything in the SPL again. I think he's probably not consistent or hardworking enough. Also, he won't solve the our biggest issue in midfield right now - scoring goals.

Can't keep revisiting the past.

I think we are solid. However I do still have (I feel, justified) concerns about recruitment.

We will lose players this summer, if not January, and I'm not sure that what we've brought in since Stubbs left is a jump up in quality.

I watched that recruitment video the other day and it looks and sounds impressive but all the way through I was thinking that we do now seem to lean toward bringing in players NL worked with before or had a hibs connection. I fully admit this could be nothing but chance and they were the best player available at the time.

However, I just can't shake the feeling that we are replacing 'very good' players with 'good' players. That has an impact on continuity.

I will say Shaw has impressed and NL gets huge credit for trusting him. Hopefully he can be the penalty box striker we've badly needed for so long. It costs so much for goal scorers that it's much more efficient to produce them yourself.

Anyway - for me jury is out a bit and this is a big window. I also hope guys like Slivka and Swanson can use the rest of the year to kick on, to play a bigger part and to show they can be relevant next year.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bringing this back up from late 2017.

We now have our Latapy type in Scott Allan.

As Hibs fans we should fill ER every home game from now till the end of the season as it's a great group of players who will give us some fantastic entertainment.

Keep up the good work - it's great to have have HIBS making us all proud

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post