hibs.net Messageboard

Massive opportunity this weekend

With Celtic playing Rangers and Aberdeen playing hearts this weekend it's vital we get a win. You'd imagine Celtic will win and Aberdeen will win so a good chance to make the gap 8 points with hearts and close the gap on the Huns.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With Celtic playing Rangers and Aberdeen playing hearts this weekend it's vital we get a win. You'd imagine Celtic will win and Aberdeen will win so a good chance to make the gap 8 points with hearts and close the gap on the Huns.
    Think it'll be a tough game but one that we should be looking to win.

Killie gave us a hard time last time we played them, and although we won 0-3, the game was much closer than the scoreline suggests.

Big opportunity to claw back some ground (or put a bigger gap between us and the Yams) so hopefully we can take it.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Arguably a tougher game than derby. Better footballing side than Hearts but im hoping home advantage goes for us.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Killie are finding a bit of form and seem to play well away from home. Up to us to set the tempo.

With their match being postponed on Wednesday they have had a full weeks rest and will likely be fresher than our players.

Difficult game.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    With their match being postponed on Wednesday they have had a full weeks rest and will likely be fresher than our players.

Difficult game.
    Not to mention less battered and bruised. I suspect that there was a queue for the treatment room yesterday.

@hibs.net private member
    Killie are top of the form guide in the league and coming off a week's rest. We lose as many points at home as we win. We are coming off a very physically demanding game, have key players with knocks and are in a period of indifferent form. This is a far tougher game than Wednesday and we will do very well to win.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Killie are top of the form guide in the league and coming off a week's rest. We lose as many points at home as we win. We are coming off a very physically demanding game, have key players with knocks and are in a period of indifferent form. This is a far tougher game than Wednesday and we will do very well to win.
    I agree to an extent however i think it's important to keep a bit perspective. It's Kilmarnock we're playing, not Barcelona.

Will be a tough game tomorrow but i'm expecting a win for the good guys.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I agree to an extent however i think it's important to keep a bit perspective. It's Kilmarnock we're playing, not Barcelona.

Well said

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I’ll be very surprised if we drop points in this game. We have a better team all round and should see it out.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    They are a decent team however we can definitely score against their defence. Should be a good game.

Left by mutual consent!
    If we're switched on throughout and play at the level we're capable of then its very likely we'll win. Let's be in top voice and roar the team onto victory.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

@hibs.net private member
    It's a bit of a cliche but every game is tough (at least physically) in the Premier League. I would be very disappointed in our season if we are not more than 5 points clear of Hearts by the end though so them getting a draw against Aberdeen wouldn't be such a bad result.

Agree. It's one of those games where it doesn't matter how we win, we just need to win. After the performance up at Aberdeen I'd have been delighted with 7 points from Ross County, Hearts and Killie. As the thread title says, real opportunity for us on Saturday with the other fixtures.

Left by mutual consent!
    McGinn/Bartley vs Mulumbu is going to be some battle.

Very true some are talking.like it's a Barca/Real Madrid select pitching up at ER tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

As in every game, the first goal (when it's actually given...) will be very important.

Hibs will need to mark the lad Brophy who plays wide right for Kilmarnock very carefully.

Left by mutual consent!
    Would like to see Swanson, Slivka and Murray start to freshen things up after that derby.

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    Would like to see Swanson, Slivka and Murray start to freshen things up after that derby.

Lennon said that he would “freshen things up” so watch this space.

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    If Barker is out and Boyle too I'd day slivka and Swanson are guaranteed to start. According to EEN Barker is deffo out and Boyler has late fitness test

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk