hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Gloating Jambos on social media.

Anyone else seeing all this? They’re all full of smiles and laughter about the “goal” and Neil Lennons reaction to it.

“Ha Ha, shame we didn’t have technology, eh?”

“Lennon is just being bitter”

“It was offside anyway”.

It’s all high fives and everything is alright again. If the Hibs have been hard done by then that’s good.

Hang on a minute...They were all mouthing off about how we were going to get it like Celtic were. Hibs weren’t going to bully them and they had it all going in their favour, a tight, sticky pitch and a bear pit complete with an intimidating new stand.

All this bravado and laughter is pure deflection from the fact that they were once AGAIN outplayed on their own ground by their rivals. Their reaction would be justified if the result had denied us a point but they got off with a draw by the skin of their teeth at home.

So next time one of them laughs, think about how we’d react in their situation. We’d be, to a man, going mad and asking questions about why we were in this unacceptable situation in the first place: never winning derbies and celebrating flukey draws.

It just shows you how small-time they are now.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Craig Levein is their manager and they have the half built arena as a stadium.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

You really should read the hilarious claptrap on Brokeback, their take on the game is that we were playing hoofball not them

The goal was offside and the ball being over the line was "inconclusive"

Makes a freezing cold day feel all warm and fuzzy at this utter comedy gold they have on there.

From a different planet without a doubt.

I thought they were going to be above us today? Sure I heard that last week?

They’ll be the same clowns who were ‘loving the level playing field’ when they had their last few days in the sun at the end of Fenlon and Butchers reigns. That’s worked out well since Stubbs was appointed and Lennon has continued the trend.

They’ll not be smiling so much when we horse them out the cup again in a few weeks. They got away with one last night and fine we’ll they know it. No shots on target and no corners at home in a derby and they are gloating. Says it all.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I'm personally loving all the "awck hibs celebrating a draw - how small time! wee team mentality etc etc"

I recall them celebrating the Ozturd (or whoever the hell he was) equaliser at ER a couple of years back like they'd won the league. Pretty sure they even brought out a "40 yard screamer" beer in honour of it all. Not to mention the 1-1 at ER when Steve Frail was the manager and at FT they were over at the fans all holding hands doing the whole 3 cheers thing and throwing their jerseys into the crowd. But then of course, Hearts really aren't ones for irony are they!

They got their usual slice of derby luck yesterday, got away with absolute murder and fine well they know it. If I was them i'd be shutting my mouth and just breathing a massive sigh of relief that they were blessed by incompetent officials yet again in a derby.

Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You really should read the hilarious claptrap on Brokeback, their take on the game is that we were playing hoofball not them

The goal was offside and the ball being over the line was "inconclusive"

Makes a freezing cold day feel all warm and fuzzy at this utter comedy gold they have on there.

From a different planet without a doubt.
    One of them said "hibs never looked like scoring"

No not at all mate, apart from the time we actually did?!

Couldn't make it up with those clowns, as you say, another planet completely.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    For avoidance of doubt, the Heart of Midlothian playing tactic when in possession of the ball yesterday was as follows:

1. Prince Buaben wins possession.
    2. He passes it back to Christoph Berra.
    3. Christoph Berra hoofs the ball as hard and high as he can to the Hibs half.
    4. Isma Goncalves or Kyle Lafferty try to win the header.
    5. One of our CB wins the header.
    6. Repeat once Hibs lose possession.

It really was eye-bleeding stuff. I couldn't even name any of their other players on the park yesterday because none, Walker aside, were involved in anything meaningful. We were the better team yesterday and I am confident in remaining unbeaten against them for the rest of this season at least - they offered absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post

After the last derby at ER a Hearts fans I work with actually said ‘if Hibs didn’t score that game had 0-0 written all over it’.

Yes, like every game of football that’s ever been played had one team not scored it would have been 0-0.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    After the last derby at ER a Hearts fans I work with actually said ‘if Hibs didn’t score that game had 0-0 written all over it’.

Yes, like every game of football that’s ever been played had one team not scored it would have been 0-0.

The spirit of Cathro lives on. Footballing insight that is bordering on genius.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

They aren't right in the heid.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

They are a very unique group of people put it that way . . .

The same folk who believed Vlad when he promised them the SPL title within 3 years and to be Champions of Europe within 10 years

I had a few comments directed at me today from Yams at work! They went on no end about the penalty claim and said we were woeful and we're lucky to escape with draw. Our negativity brought them down.

I pointed out that at pretty much every opportunity they hoofed and kicked but I was told that's football!

I pointed out the game stats to them all I got was 1-5 blah blah.

More importantly I asked when the Megastand would be ready and what the capacity would be to be told to

F off, there is no deadline now and that it would be easily more than ours. I asked what it would be.... Jealous peg selling hobo!

They cannot take criticism!

O and they will spend big to bring in 3 quality players we could not afford!

Draw at Tynie in the cup, beat them AGAIN at Easter road then look at Twitter. They'll be ****ing spewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    I had a few comments directed at me today from Yams at work! They went on no end about the penalty claim and said we were woeful and we're lucky to escape with draw. Our negativity brought them down.

I pointed out that at pretty much every opportunity they hoofed and kicked but I was told that's football!

More importantly I asked when the Megastand would be ready and what the capacity would be to be told to

F off, there is no deadline now and that it would be easily more than ours. I asked what it would be.... Jealous peg selling hobo!

Ah classic yam tactic! When faced with a rather inconvenient or uncomfertable truth resort immediatly to the old "oh but but 5-1!"

It doesn't even bother me anymore, its comical. They have nothing LEFT, 5-1 does not hurt us anymore. It's nothing more than a comfort blanket to them now. 21.05.16 erased any tiny bit of hurt left over from 5-1.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

Wow. Beyond wow, even for them.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Blog Entries
    That was a massive result for them last night. In terms of relevance ( their infatuation with us) it was more important than their result against Celtic......... how sad.

Ah classic yam tactic! When faced with a rather inconvenient or uncomfertable truth resort immediatly to the old "oh but but 5-1!" It doesn't even bother me anymore, its comical. They have nothing LEFT, 5-1 does not hurt us anymore. It's nothing more than a comfort blanket to them now. 21.05.16 erased any tiny bit of hurt left over from 5-1.
    Doesn't bother me either and tbh I usually respond by mentioning things such as the Lady Haig Poppy Fund and things along those lines. They hate that and say it's in the past so I cannot bring that up blah blah..... 1-5??

It's fair to say I hate them and with a passion and I hope everything they do fails! Megastand a prime example

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Anyone got a screen shot showing that Shaw was not Offside?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Wow. Beyond wow, even for them.
    It is but these are guys about my age (late 40's) have lived through the 'spend money that's not ours era'!

Heads in the sand and think they will still finish 2nd or 3rd. Now this made me laugh out loud big time! Beyond deluded btw!

Hearts drawing with Hibs is a good result for them. Always will be. Home or away.

Doesn't bother me either and tbh I usually respond by mentioning things such as the Lady Haig Poppy Fund and things along those lines. They hate that and say it's in the past so I cannot bring that up blah blah..... 1-5??

It's fair to say I hate them and with a passion and I hope everything they do fails! Megastand a prime example
    Hahaha they hate being confronted with the truth that they had to rob millions from charities, public services, football clubs, small businesses etc to buy their beloved 5-1.

I also love how they continue to hide behind 5-1 yet we are "small time" for still going on about 21.05.16 which was just last year

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    The Pub team mob live a simple life , happy and content to pay and watch HOOF, CHASE, FOUL, REPEAT

Lots of bravado as usual before the game around not being bullied, get in our faces, play a high pressing game and the Hibs would crumble! Now they’re celebrating another clean sheet and reduced to hoping that players would don’t play for them yet but will appear during the transfer window will be enough to cuff us in the Cup Tie!

Who knows they might even get a shot on goal next time!!!

A conversation I had a wee while back with one of them.

yam: you can’t talk about 0-7, it’s history
    me: that’s true, so is 5-1 and you mention that often enough
    yam: aye but you weren’t even born when it happened
    me: also true, but you also also talk about 1902 plenty, and you weren’t born then
    yam: ...........................
    followed by continued silence and avoiding me

hitting them them with logic and reason and watching them struggle is hilarious

First Team Regular EastCalderHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Draw at Tynie in the cup, beat them AGAIN at Easter road then look at Twitter. They'll be ****ing spewing.
    Just dump the tramps out at tincastle why give them a moneyspinner to help pay for bike shed

Quote Originally Posted by EastCalderHibby View Post
    Just dump the tramps out at tincastle why give them a moneyspinner to help pay for bike shed
    More Hibs fans that get to see us beat them and celebrate with SOL the better.

First Team Regular EastCalderHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    More Hibs fans that get to see us beat them and celebrate with SOL the better.
    DEFO cant argue with that

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I thought they were trying to end our unbeaten run last night.

Didn't realise a point meant so much to them.

If they're gloating about a goal that was wrongly disallowed, then they are desperate and accepting of their position as the 2nd best team in Edinburgh. I like it, an admission of their inferiority.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Hibs fans disappointed at only drawing away from home,
    Hear7s fans delighted to draw at home.
    Zero shots on target, zero corners, if that was us at home this place would be in meltdown at such an inept performance. Oh how the mighty have fallen.