hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet huns

@hibs.net private member Liam89's Avatar

Diet huns

It must be embarrassing to be a hearts supporter at the moment. When their stadium isn’t replicating a library, their fans are imitating their big brothers. Rather than coming up with their own songs, they’ll sing about killing catholics and lafferty playing the flute. Truly playing up to the tag of diet huns which must make their reasonable fans cringe.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Since we won the Scottish Cup their songs have been destroyed, but it's sad some of them have reverted back to bigotry; it's really poor patter and not all Hearts fans will be happy with it.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

The love in between Hearts and their big brothers is embarrassing

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Our own song involving stokes, ma, da and the RA got an airing last night too.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "our own song" well it isnt my song. How many people are we talking about here? Certainly nothing audible on tv. What makes it our song? Two people chanting? 12 people chanting? 50 People chanting? The only people happy with that sort of stuff will be our friends in Glasgow, they'd love to see Hearts and Hibs revert to a perverse diet imitation of their own brand of support.

Agree, it’s a crap song and there were a couple of guys changing the words to the djoum song to suit their own racist viewpoint. These morons only seem to appear at away derbies. Thankfully it was just a handful and was outside the ground.
    We have plenty of good songs without the need for any sectarian or racist crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Agree, it’s a crap song and there were a couple of guys changing the words to the djoum song to suit their own racist viewpoint. These morons only seem to appear at away derbies. Thankfully it was just a handful and was outside the ground.
    We have plenty of good songs without the need for any sectarian or racist crap.

Correct plus I mentioned last night on another thread that there was a particularly unpleasant song being sung in the Roseburn yesterday before the game about Rudi Skacel being murdered by the IRA.

I certainly did not hear this song in the stadium but we really need to keep on top of things like that and focus on policing our own support instead of worrying about Hearts and their fans.

I should add that I do believe that this problem within our own support is a tiny minority but we cannot allow these people to attract other younger, impressionable fans who might find these songs funny and before we know it we have more and more people singing stuff like this. We need to be shaming these people and letting them know that this type of crap is not welcome at Hibs games.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Correct plus I mentioned last night on another thread that there was a particularly unpleasant song being sung in the Roseburn yesterday before the game about Rudi Skacel being murdered by the IRA.

I certainly did not hear this song in the stadium but we really need to keep on top of things like that and focus on policing our own support instead of worrying about Hearts and their fans.

I should add that I do believe that this problem within our own support is a tiny minority but we cannot allow these people to attract other younger, impressionable fans who might find these songs funny and before we know it we have more and more people singing stuff like this. We need to be shaming these people and letting them know that this type of crap is not welcome at Hibs games.
    **** me, thank God I don't know that one. What an embarrassment.

Unfortunately both hibs and hearts have a small minority of people in their supports who like to get involved in the nonsense the OF are into. Leave that pish to the Glasgow mobs, it's embarrassing. Not even any need in it anyway, we have a pretty good songbook without all that, stick to the football songs. Pretty sure the players will get a bigger lift hearing proper hibs songs and songs about them rather than some IRA bull****. Fortunately the vast majority in the support don't get involved.

Theres tweets from hearts fans on twitter saying that sectarian songs have recently become a bit more common at tynecastle and they are embarrassed about it. Clearly getting desperate to rebuild the songbook.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    "our own song" well it isnt my song. How many people are we talking about here? Certainly nothing audible on tv. What makes it our song? Two people chanting? 12 people chanting? 50 People chanting? The only people happy with that sort of stuff will be our friends in Glasgow, they'd love to see Hearts and Hibs revert to a perverse diet imitation of their own brand of support.

Was definitely a thread about it after the Partick game. It was sung at Aberdeen away as well, ***** song that should never be sung, someone shouted at whittaker at Aberdeen calling him an orange ******* and wishing death to GMS saying he should have drowned in the river Kelvin.... It is a minority though. Always seem to be at big away games this stuff comes out.
    Last edited by Hermit Crab; 28-12-2017 at 01:15 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    I heard the RA song on the way to the ground. A fine upstanding young man with a half bottle of Buckie belting it out before declaring he needed a pish. We can't let this crap creep back in. I thought the majority of fans had made these wee tubes stop with the refugee and paedo crap.

Just before kickoff last night the billy boys/Gorgie Boys went out from the main stand right beside where I was standing. Was shocked to see what appeared to be a mother with two young children sing happily along to "up to our knees in f...." from what I can tell though the majority of the hearts support don't stand for that pish and wish them luck in stamping it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    **** me, thank God I don't know that one. What an embarrassment.
    It's the same one the Celtic fans used to sing about Nacho Novo.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    I was in the Roseburn from about 3pm to just before KO. The only Skacel song I heard was the usual one but with the words changed ‘has a ****ing dodgy knee’. The bar staff said they’d stop serving if we didn’t stop singing it. I had to point out that it was a new PC version.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    I was in the Roseburn from about 3pm to just before KO. The only Skacel song I heard was the usual one but with the words changed ‘has a ****ing dodgy knee’. The bar staff said they’d stop serving if we didn’t stop singing it. I had to point out that it was a new PC version.
    Fair enough, I'm just going on what my brother told me. He said he heard the Skacel/IRA song several times yesterday.

Really disappointing that both sets of fans have been singing some dodgy stuff.

If someone is doing it just record them and get them banned.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Anyone who is caught singing that song should be given a life ban from Easter Road.

If anyone wants to sing sectarian ***** like that they can go to Parkhead. They're not welcome here.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Really disappointing that both sets of fans have been singing some dodgy stuff.

If someone is doing it just record them and get them banned.
    None of our dodgy song made it inside the stadium. Usually just attention seeking morons outside the ground. Very few joined in.
    Hearts problem is a lot bigger as they are singing this stuff in increasing numbers inside the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    Anyone who is caught singing that song should be given a life ban from Easter Road.

If anyone wants to sing sectarian ***** like that they can go to Parkhead. They're not welcome here.
    But what can you do, when it isn't in the stadium but the pubs around it? If it's during a game, certainly.

100% agreed.

Absolutely no time for any pish like that. We have so many good songs being sung by the support which are football related. We don't need anything like this and those who disagree should get themselves a membership for the Green Brigade and a seat at Parkhead.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post
    Just before kickoff last night the billy boys/Gorgie Boys went out from the main stand right beside where I was standing. Was shocked to see what appeared to be a mother with two young children sing happily along to "up to our knees in f...." from what I can tell though the majority of the hearts support don't stand for that pish and wish them luck in stamping it out.

3 times I heard it last night but they only seemed to manage a couple of lines before some of the right thinking (?) Jambos we keep hearing about shut them up, or their big cousins haven't taught them all the words yet. Pretty pathetic efforts.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Fair enough, I'm just going on what my brother told me. He said he heard the Skacel/IRA song several times yesterday.
    Both songs were aired plenty of times in the roseburn from about 3pm onwards plus The Mercer song with its various versions

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    Both songs were aired plenty of times in the roseburn from about 3pm onwards plus The Mercer song with its various versions
    Poor stuff

Left by mutual consent! IlDiavola's Avatar

FFS

What goes on in the minds of these morons?

Bang on.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    The love in between Hearts and their big brothers is embarrassing
    Y'know? I'm pretty sure that was tongue in cheek because, if not, that's a wee bit hypocritical considering our recent (and not so recent actually) association with Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    The Mercer song I have no problem with personally. Of course it's in poor taste, but what he tried to do was far worse. It isn't sectarian/racist/homophobic or anything else, and he deserves everything that comes his way. It's a song about a disgusting individual who tried to kill our club.

First Team Breakthrough

Difficult to argue against any of this. Separately, I was in the Four in Hand recently and noticed that copies of a free publication called the "Irish Voice" were available - the content was fairly benign in terms of items of interest to the Irish community in Scotland but it did have the feel of something that until very recently would more likely be seen in the environs of Parkhead than Easter Road - e.g. a picture of Gerry Adams on the cover and an advert for a series of gigs that the Wolfe Tones will be playing in Belfast over the next few days.

It's things like this that make me wonder if we've loaned more than just players from Celtic over the past few years.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    The Mercer song I have no problem with personally. Of course it's in poor taste, but what he tried to do was far worse. It isn't sectarian/racist/homophobic or anything else, and he deserves everything that comes his way. It's a song about a disgusting individual who tried to kill our club.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Is it not more about his wife than him these days? I find that stuff in pretty poor taste to be honest - it's not like she was the directing mind of the takeover.