hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Happened to Simon Murray. He was in opposition half ball played behind him ran back into his own half and played the ball and off side free kick given to opposition in Hibs half, correctly, by Gollum/Smeagul. Hamilton game If I recall.
    I remember that and there was huge uproar in the west upper. I was just surprised the ref and lino got it right when they miss so many obvious fouls. For Scottish football to improve we really need to get referees to blow up for fouls and start taking action earlier.

2. Log in to remove the advert

The SFA are heads in the sand too often.I remember that during the row after the Griffiths free kick the Head of Refereeing(Fleming I think) said that the referee and the linesman were in the perfect positions for the free kick as laid down in the guidelines.To me it seemed obvious that one of the things that could happen from a direct free kick is that a goal is scored.A goal was scored but neither official was in a position to see it.I emailed the SFA pointing out that if these were the "perfect positions"then the thinking was seriously flawed.Answer came there none.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkinho View Post
    McGregor scored a 4th for us in the 3-1 game recently that was "offside"

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    100% in agreement !! I've just watched it again (02:50) couldn't believe it then and still can't believe it now that it was disallowed - it was neither offside nor a foul !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_EU_XKKl0c

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    The ball has to be played forward to be offside. I've not watched it back yet but if it is cutback or even a square ball from Boyle then he's onside.
    You have misinterpreted what I said from the initial through pass and not Boyle's cut back, he looks offside?