hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chatting to my boy about their new chip stall stand facing a school playground... he asked "didn't the builders know they were paedophiles"

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    I wouldn't even believe that. Seat numbers in my row went 4,5,6,7,5.
    Seat numbers in at least some of the rows at side next to main stand started at 2, but there were people with tickets for seats 1, they were told to stand at the end on the steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Seat numbers in at least some of the rows at side next to main stand started at 2, but there were people with tickets for seats 1, they were told to stand at the end on the steps.
    That's shocking. Amateurs on and off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    THE TINY LIBRARY

Another myth...

Feel like thier Home support is actually worse than ever. Last few derbies both Home and Away they have been so quiet.

Hibs fans bring the noise once again. We have a variety of songs. They have 2 that rarely even get going.

Also what’s up with the seat numbering ? It went 7,10,11,14 in our row.

The main stand emergency exit also exits right into the exit of the away fans..terrible planning.

Also hearts fans stealing the Hibs ball during half time at the warm up - showing class again.
    The seat numbering is an absolute joke. The section letters ( at the top of the stand) read from left to right but the numbers on the seats run from right to left - wtf? No wonder people end up in the wrong section.

The other thing is that they have row numbers and seat numbers - every other place in the country has row letters and seat numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperAllyMcleod View Post
    The seat numbering is an absolute joke. The section letters ( at the top of the stand) read from left to right but the numbers on the seats run from right to left - wtf? No wonder people end up in the wrong section.

The other thing is that they have row numbers and seat numbers - every other place in the country has row letters and seat numbers.
    Yams and logic don’t go together.

The stadium is a dump and the funniest part is they are stuck with that pitch and capacity with no money or scope to increase in years to come.

Easter Road is a far superior stadium and I’m glad it’s our home.

Biggest myth is that Potter will sort the team in the window and get creative midfielders in. He was dof who oversaw loads of transfer windows and never bought these mythical players. Any hertz fan expecting free flowing football will be sorely disappointed. Unfortunately for them they don't have a crap hibs team to deal with now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    A slum full of silent sex offenders is about the most charitable description I can come up with.,
    Haven't seen a better one yet.

'Twenty two, twenty twooooo' for about 2 minutes and a couple of piss poor attempts at the Hearts song was the sum total of their efforts.

I've said it before but Hibs fans used a period of adversity to galvanise the support. The section lads led the way and others joined in and embraced it. Hearts fans sneered about it and look at what they have ended up with. A silent stadium at home and a group of 15 bams singing the Billy Boys and about hating Catholics away. Crap stadium, crap fans, crap team, crap club.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    'Twenty two, twenty twooooo' for about 2 minutes and a couple of piss poor attempts at the Hearts song was the sum total of their efforts.

I've said it before but Hibs fans used a period of adversity to galvanise the support. The section lads led the way and others joined in and embraced it. Hearts fans sneered about it and look at what they have ended up with. A silent stadium at home and a group of 15 bams singing the Billy Boys and about hating Catholics away. Crap stadium, crap fans, crap team, crap club.
    Might only take a couple of seasons for us to be singing twenty two

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Could barely make out anything Hearts fans were singing on the box. Do they actually speak english in Gorgie or do they just permanently communicate in an indistinguishable mumble?

Quote Originally Posted by JJP View Post
    ...**** pitch...**** stadium...
    ... **** manager... **** football

They've been forced into singing that terrible "we're going to Europe" song since Hibs ripped up their songbook. Always makes me laugh. Way adrift in 5th but they're singing about Europe 🙈. They really dont have anything left.
    Last edited by SirDavidsNapper; 28-12-2017 at 10:37 AM.

Testimonial Due capitals_finest's Avatar
    Despite them having a crap song sheet I was expecting the atmosphere in their end to be 'electric' for once with this new stand but it looked even worse than normal on the TV.

Also, what was with the blue jacket that Potter had on? He is an absolute welt of man.

It's a conscious design decision. The seat numbers use the Dewey Decimal System, in keeping with Tynecastle's library theme...

Wasn't at the game last night as couldn't get a ticket but certainly couldn't hear them on the TV. I was at the tynecastle cup tie last season and it's the quietest i've ever seen them, 21.05.16 truly has ripped so much away from them. A few tried to hide behind the 5-1 comfort blanket signs but it quickly became apparent to them that no hibs fan could give a **** anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

You forgot to mention crap small pitch which feels like I’m watching a game of 5 aside Football at Sighthill Powerleague. Anti football in so many ways.

An aging fan-base with a huge dollop of unreconstructed, bigoted tcheucters. Not my description but that of a jambo acquaintance.

Sad lot.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by darwenhibby View Post
    And what was the sell out crowd tonight??

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    My 16yr olds ticket wouldn’t scan at the turnstile, he was told to struggle his way back through the que’s to the main gate so he could be let in (where upon I was told I should have gone with him), we got to our seats and someone else had the same seat/ticket but for an adult.
    Total farce.

Their famous atmosphere consists entirely of 2 rows of angry young men and women hurling sectarian and racist abuse at opposition players.

First Team Breakthrough kevo1875's Avatar
    I wonder who has the job of painting the mud green in an attempt to make it look like grass ...disgrace of a stadium

That can't be right, the papers said the whole stadium was electric for 90 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    That can't be right, the papers said the whole stadium was electric for 90 minutes.
    I think you mean the hole of a stadium. Electric? Be nice if there was some right by the DIY turnstiles. Built by Frank Spencer.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Well the lights stayed on for the whole game

Quote Originally Posted by kevo1875 View Post
    I wonder who has the job of painting the mud green in an attempt to make it look like grass ...disgrace of a stadium
    The pitch is embarrassing. I've seen better surfaces in public parks. Everything about that dump is just dirty and classless.

Testimonial Due FastEddieFelson's Avatar

aye that bothers me. the whole place reminds me of whenever shelbyville is mentioned in the simpsons - how everything is backwards and the locals are dead ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    ‘Tynecastle Park’ is an utter ****hole, it really is that simple. Fans getting held outside and let in in dribs and drabs cause they’ve next to no turnstiles, standing in the pitch dark waiting to get through the turnstiles cause there’s absolutely no lighting in the area, tv box in the stand, seat numbers missing/out of order all over the shop. It’s nothing but a larger Fir Park.
    I find that hard to believe !!

Not questioning the veracity of your claim, just that they let you audit their accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsidehibby View Post
    Might only take a couple of seasons for us to be singing twenty two
    Not if "they" are in the Championship

Quote Originally Posted by capitals_finest View Post
    Despite them having a crap song sheet I was expecting the atmosphere in their end to be 'electric' for once with this new stand but it looked even worse than normal on the TV.

Also, what was with the blue jacket that Potter had on? He is an absolute welt of man.
    First 10 of the game killed that. Realisation that the Celtic was a freak result and that Hibs were still better side hit them like a smack in the face.

Reality of "level playing field" still not computed in their tiny heads yet, expecting their players to rock up and for us to wilt. Outcome .... much more pain to come for the Yams in Derby.

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    I wouldn't even believe that. Seat numbers in my row went 4,5,6,7,5.
    Noticed that last year up the back of the stand. Utterly amateur.