hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leith San Siro

Never used it, never will. Easter Road for me it’s more famous and well known 😎

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Callyballybe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I use it in jest now and again. Gets a smile from my non supporting Hibs mates, especially those who come up from down south to catch a game or two. I don't think it's cringey in the slightest. Small things like this that are almost 'inside jokes' to the supporters of a club are part of what makes a club what it is, it's a similar thing to 'Hibs class'. I don't go about telling everyone that anything that is good in the world is Hibs class, but I've no problem using it on here or again, in jest, when talking with fellow supporters.

We're not the only club that does this, and as long as we don't become yammish and start believing these inside jokes and think that our stadium actually is the San Siro, then I don't see any issues with it at all.
    Yeh, like actually believing they are famous or that the library really is one of "the world's most atmospheric stadiums"

Every 2nd Saturday 3pm, my heart is at the Leith San Siro💚

Can't say it bothers me, but prefer The Holy Ground myself, one which dates back to the early days of the club.

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    It's easier to say than "The Leith Estadio Giuseppe Meazza".

Does this qualify as a 1st world problem - cringing because people (very rarely) use a colloquialism to affectionately describe a stadium?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk