hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Viagogo Users Beware!!!!?

A friend just bought tickets for Joan Baez concert and has just been ripped off by Viagogo. £20 booking fee/ ticket. Hidden charges till the end. Appears their website is set up to con the unsuspecting buyer.
    Be warned!!!!!! Please spread the word. It's the only way to beat traders of this ilk.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A friend just bought tickets for Joan Baez concert and has just been ripped off by Viagogo. £20 booking fee/ ticket. Hidden charges till the end. Appears their website is set up to con the unsuspecting buyer.
    Be warned!!!!!! Please spread the word. It's the only way to beat traders of this ilk.
    I mistakenly booked tickets for the darts through viagogo last year. It’s a complete rip off. What annoyed me more was that the official selling agent only had a few seats left, and they weren’t very good ones. Viagogo had loads of seats in prime positions. These companies should be banned.

GIRLS DONT LIKE BOYS GIRLS LIKE SIMON MURRAY

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I mistakenly booked tickets for the darts through viagogo last year. It’s a complete rip off. What annoyed me more was that the official selling agent only had a few seats left, and they weren’t very good ones. Viagogo had loads of seats in prime positions. These companies should be banned.
    The events sell direct to viagogo / GetMeIn etc. for many of the premium seats

@hibs.net proletariat member Pete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Websites that allow touts to rip people off is bad enough but selling direct to these sites is even worse. Just had a look at viagogo for the first time and some of the prices are eye-watering!

Letting the principles of supply and demand dictate prices just leaves people wide open to being exploited by the profiteers. I know certain musicians have spoke up about this but it really shouldn’t be up to them...who is supposed to be looking out for the public and who can ban this?

Blog Entries
    Please spread the word as much as you can. It's the only way we can fight these bandits. It's shocking in this day and age where scalping is illegal these rogues can do it legally .... and apparently with the blessing of the promotors.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Please spread the word as much as you can. It's the only way we can fight these bandits. It's shocking in this day and age where scalping is illegal these rogues can do it legally .... and apparently with the blessing of the promotors.

Spread the word? Mate, they've been doing this for years, Channel 4 has even done a documentary using undercover reporters working inside viagogo. Check it out.

Viagogo - the Great Ticket Scandal

Theres also this documentary about tickets touts, this was made a few years ago to be fair. Ticket Touts Documentary Documentary Vine • 1.9K views

It's been a mystery to me for a while that ticket touting is illegal, yet these *******s appear to be able to operate legally.

I hate them, and all that they stand for.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    The cost of Spurs tickets traded through StubHub over the last few seasons was disgraceful and they were the official forward sellers for the club.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Spread the word? Mate, they've been doing this for years, Channel 4 has even done a documentary using undercover reporters working inside viagogo. Check it out.

Viagogo - the Great Ticket Scandal

Theres also this documentary about tickets touts, this was made a few years ago to be fair. Ticket Touts Documentary Documentary Vine • 1.9K views
    Thanks for the links HC. I can't believe they've let these Dick Turpins get away with their shenanigans for so long. These guys make Ticketmaster look like Mother Theresa.

Blog Entries
    No refund however Viagogo have kindly offered to re-sell the tickets. How sweet.
    F*** them. "Fool me once - shame on you, fool me twice - shame on me"

Free barge poles available to all.