hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Barker

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

Brandon Barker

Surprised not to see a thread for Barker this evening, he was fantastic when he came on.

He's getting better each game and tonight he gave their defence a roasting.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First time he has been good since derby. Needs to be consistent. Great tonight but I fear he'll be missing Saturday.

Outstanding performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surprised not to see a thread for Barker this evening, he was fantastic when he came on.

Best I've seen him yet.

He played with confidence and you could see their defence struggling.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Should start every week. People can moan all they like about his end product but I’d be willing to bet he still has a handful of assists this season and he also pins the opposing full back in their own half as hell rip them to bits if they bomb on.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Definitely needs to start every game was superb and so unlucky with his shots, his first one was an amazing effort. Big game player he needs to play in all these games.

It was a pleasure watching him last night.

I couldn't understand why he wasn't MOM on the basis of that 2nd half performance. Ripped Sevco's defence to bits!!

I've slated him for weeks but he was terrific last night.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    He was fantastic last night. He’s improving defensively as well.

Very possibly man of the match without even playing a full half.

Played very well when he came on and unlucky not to score with his 2 shots off the post, he's a much better player when he doesn't have any defensive duties to think about, that can be a bit of a luxury at times but it's how to get the best out of him, high up the pitch as an attacking outlet.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Thought the boy was excellent, didn't deserve to end up on a losing side.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

I've not been impressed with him so far this season but to be fair, he had a cracking game last night.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

I rarely post on here these days for numerous reasons, but one of those was the things that people have been saying about Barker all season. He has been an excellent signing, he gets me off my seat every time he's on the ball, and is a joy to watch as he flies past defenders time after time. He doesn't just win foot races though, he has the trickery to get past defenders from from a standing start also. He was absolutely awesome last night.

The complaints about him having no end product are way off the mark - of course he doesn't find a killer ball every time, there's not a winger in the world who does. Constantly going past a man and getting to the bye line is tiring and physical stuff, and finding a final ball isn't always easy. Someone said the other day something along the lines of "if he beats his man every time, but never does anything - what's the point?" - ignoring the fact that the middle part of that sentence isn't true, even if it was, it would still serve a real purpose.

Having players like Barker and Boyle out wide for us are vital for stretching teams and wearing them down over the course of a game. With their pace and trickery - constantly stopping and starting defenders, and more often than not occupying more than one player to deal with them - it keeps teams on the back foot and creates spaces for others. They are also vital for keeping opposition full backs quiet in an attacking sense. Their meaningful contributions are not purely measured in goals and assists.

He is a young lad, only playing his first season of high intensity football at a high level, and he is just going to get better and better - if Lennon can improve Barker as much as he's improved Boyle, he'll end up in the English Championship for several million pounds at the end of this season. After the years of sterile football that we had to watch at ER in the first half of this decade, I find it truly depressing the number of posters on here who are not excited by him, and can't see both the quality he has now, and the massive potential he has going forward. Some folk truly don't know a footballer when they see one.

His attitude and appetite is first class, always willing to take on his man and is not scared of the physical side of the game. He has been a brilliant signing.
    Last edited by Stevie Reid; 14-12-2017 at 09:15 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    First time he has been good since derby. Needs to be consistent. Great tonight but I fear he'll be missing Saturday.
    He was good on Sunday too.

I thought we should have used him more than we did.

Looking at our squad id really like to see us play an old style 442 getting the ball out to our pacey wingers as much as possible. Boyle and Barker are both on form and with two conservative full backs behind concentrating on defending (which is what lewis and gray when he's back are best at anyway), you have a good balance out wide. Its not very fashionable but its the best use of our resources.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Outstanding last night. Wish he had started. Wouldn't be surprised if Sevco try and sign him based on that showing against them.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Looking at our squad id really like to see us play an old style 442 getting the ball out to our pacey wingers as much as possible. Boyle and Barker are both on form and with two conservative full backs behind concentrating on defending (which is what lewis and gray when he's back are best at anyway), you have a good balance out wide. Its not very fashionable but its the best use of our resources.
    I like the 433 system wit barker and Boyle but we don't have the lone striker to suit this

Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    I like the 433 system wit barker and Boyle but we don't have the lone striker to suit this
    That’s where I am. We. Need a striker who can play up top on his own when it’s required.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    That’s where I am. We. Need a striker who can play up top on his own when it’s required.

I agree.

Griffiths is the only player that I can recollect ever looking comfortable playing up front on his own for us.

I don't think we're far off being a brilliant side, but there's definitely something lacking in the final third, and it's not a shortage of pace or trickery out wide (like it has been so often in the past).

@hibs.net private member
    Only in a couple of games this season have I thought he played good/ ok. Really thought he thought he was above playing for Hibs or not trying or even out of his depth. Not exactly sure which one or combination of them all but there’s been games when I’ve thought. Get him ta F***.

Can honestly say last night it was a joy and I mean a joy to watch. Maybe just maybe we can have more of that display please and we will definitely put teams under the cosh.

GGTTH

He was immense last night.

His problem is his consistency. Doesn't turn it on enuff.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    He's exciting when on the ball, he makes defenders defend and think they must defend rather than get forward.

We should be encouraging him and Boyle, its a breath of fresh air having pace on either side for a change. Wingers wont always beat their man, they wont always get a great cross in, but they will at least try, and they are getting us off our feet.

We are building a team here, a team that is constantly improving.

Enjoy this while it lasts, there have been plenty of players we've had in the last 10 years who were absolutely shocking to watch, we have plenty who are good to watch now.

And remember we will be adding to this squad in January and again in the summer.

Unplayable last night. Outstanding and deserved a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I agree.

Griffiths is the only player that I can recollect ever looking comfortable playing up front on his own for us.

I don't think we're far off being a brilliant side, but there's definitely something lacking in the final third, and it's not a shortage of pace or trickery out wide (like it has been so often in the past).
    We could do with a bit more composure at times in front of goal or making a killer pass - but, leaving Rocky aside, last night it really did come down to the width of the post and a cheating cant of a linesman.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Really good performance, would definitely look to keep him if there' a possibility. If we can get him and Boyle playing at the top of their game every week we are going to be so ****ing good.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Is he a season long loan, or just until January

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Is he a season long loan, or just until January
    Season.

If he avoids injuries he will have a great career down south.
    We need to enjoy him while he is with us.