hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Ross County disallowed goal was actually onside, probably due a wee slice of luck

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieCowan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ross County disallowed goal was actually onside, probably due a wee slice of luck
    It's a shocking call from the linesman and we can count ourselves pretty fortunate.

We'll need to be at our best defending set plays against Hearts as , in true Craig Levein fashion, it's one of their main strengths.

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    It's a shocking call from the linesman and we can count ourselves pretty fortunate.

We'll need to be at our best defending set plays against Hearts as , in true Craig Levein fashion, it's one of their main strengths.
    We need to defend better generally. Would go with 3 at centre half on Wednesday given how the last few games have gone.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post

The scorer is on but the boy who knocks it too him looks a wee bit off when the ball is headed. Another cross poorly defended and that is my biggest worry for Tiny

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Committen several fouls but as per usual,spent al his time when County had the ball either boxing not tackling; ballwatching or refusing to track his man.

Great player on the ball but very poor off it.
    poor off the ball? you are joking. he is one of the best ball winners we have. he is prepared to get in and challenge for any ball .

SJM is prepared to go where others wont. hence the higher bookings ratio but he wins quite a lot of them imho.

The defensive problems arent due to personnel at this point. All 4 guys playing today are good 75% of the time at least. The way they are drilled and set up is the problem. Lennon needs to work with them and make them defend as 1 unit, not 4 individuals.

Some radge posts on here criticising individual players. If you’re so unhappy after a Hibs win you probably need to think about whether going to football matches is the right thing for you.

I still think this is the best squad we’ve had in years but Lennon’s not got them playing to their potential yet. It’s been the same story since we were relegated. We can’t turn possession and the quality of our play into goals and we’re always vulnerable to teams putting away the one decent chance they get. I’d take a draw at Tynie and hope the team can kick on after the wee break.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    poor off the ball? you are joking. he is one of the best ball winners we have. he is prepared to get in and challenge for any ball .
    My group have been as confused as you about this. Previously one of our best ball winners but yesterday failed to put in a foot tackle. The odd barge that drew a foul only.

Very odd but has been the case the last week or two. Carrying a knock maybe?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    My group have been as confused as you about this. Previously one of our best ball winners but yesterday failed to put in a foot tackle. The odd barge that drew a foul only.

Very odd but has been the case the last week or two. Carrying a knock maybe?
    Tackling is a dying art form.

Winning the ball back is more about harrying a player and putting pressure on them now and forcing a mistake.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I don't know if anyone's told you but we were the ones playing in green and white today...
    Spot on.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    The scorer is on but the boy who knocks it too him looks a wee bit off when the ball is headed. Another cross poorly defended and that is my biggest worry for Tiny
    Just watched the highlights and the guy is onside. At the game I thought the ref got the decision right. Looks like we got lucky there.

Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    Are you ****ing serious. Our back four are ****in horrendous. Ambrose is decent but lacks concentration and takes unnecesary risks. Hanlon is easy beat on his right hand side, poor in the air and a weak leader, Mcgregor is struggling at this level and Stevenson tries hard but cant defend for toffee. Successful teams are built on a strong defence, none of them are good enough for me. I know that wont be popular with the fan clubs on this board but we are too easy to score against.
    Are you Craig Levein in disguise?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Just watched the highlights and the guy is onside. At the game I thought the ref got the decision right. Looks like we got lucky there.
    It is not the scorer who is off it is the boy who squares it to him. Very marginal call and you can't really tell from the highlights. I am in the west upper pretty much inline with the header and it looked offside when the header was played. Very close though and pitiful defending having 2v1s in the box at a set piece late on when you are a goal up.
    Last edited by wookie70; 24-12-2017 at 11:14 AM.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    It is not the scorer who is off it is the boy who squares it him. Very marginal call and you can't really tell from the highlights. I am in the west upper pretty much inline with the header and it looked offside when the header was played. Very close though and pitiful defending having 2v1s in the box at a set piece late on when you are a goal up.
    Fair enough. I was in the West too and noticed the linesman falgged immediately, possibly before the ball went in.

As you say, the defending was atrocious.