hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Not very interested in football outside Hibs so I would probably stop going and not watch much if any. I'm not religious but I would imagine I feel the same as if you asked a Christian to become a Muslim or similar. It is pretty much hard wired into my life from a very early stage and I don't think there is any way of removing Hibs from me. Its in teh blood so to speak.

2. Log in to remove the advert

The thing is Hibs is in your blood so if they weren’t here no matter what game you went to or team you picked to follow instead you would never feel that bond you get with Hibs.

I’d still take in games but I’d never be able to say I support or follow another club. My heart just wouldn’t be in it.

Testimonial Due one day maybe...'s Avatar
    Arniston Rangers couldn’t support another team. You’re born into it

I remember having this discussion during the Mercer period, we where told we wouldn't see Hibs ever again during that summer, so it was a very serious discussion.
    Every one of our crowd would have went to the juniors or England as all the football authorities in Scotland stood back and where going to let it happen. So the answer is NO.

If they genuinely died and no successor team emerged I'd probably just switch full time to following Hibernian Ladies (as they are part of the Trust not the plc they would continue)

1990 and fat wallet made me realise I couldn’t support another club
    I’ve had season tickets at Old Trafford and as much I class Utd as my team down here I do not kick every ball with them like I do Hibs
    Said in 1990 I would just watch Scotland
    However my local club Darwen have a great wee clubhouse and heaters outside where you can enjoy a pint watching the football

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Hibs and to a lesser effect Scotland, No Hibs would then mean no Scotland for me, as we'd never again have anyone in that team.

I would just be a tv watcher, can't say a tv fan as there is not one team i am a fan of apart from Hibs.

The only football I watch at the moment is Hibs (occasionally in person and certainly when we're on the TV) and the odd big game from England if I'm not doing other things.

So no Hibs = no football for me unless I dig out an old Football Manager game.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs and to a lesser effect Scotland, No Hibs would then mean no Scotland for me, as we'd never again have anyone in that team.

I would just be a tv watcher, can't say a tv fan as there is not one team i am a fan of apart from Hibs.
    U know a Blackpool fan?? Down here

I'd make a new Hibs. We would have loyalty points as well.

Nah, just Hibs, that's it.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Absolutely not. Hibs are in my blood so wouldn’t have the same desire for any other team.
    I do have a mate who used to be a jambo in the 80’s, season ticket holder the lot. Got sick of how poor they were and changed his allegiances to the Huns. Total throbber of a guy when it comes to talking about football.

Left by mutual consent!
    There's simply nothing to compete with the passion and excitement of going along the Albion Road to see the Hi bee aces.

Mon the Cabbage.

No. Fairly simple answer.

Testimonial Due one day maybe...'s Avatar
    Arniston Rangers couldn’t support another team. You’re born into it

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Is there an award for Stupidest Question On DotNet?
    Yes! hold on a minute...
    [needle scratches as the record clicks off]

So we’re discussing what we’d do if “the team that never died “ were to die.
    Now I’ve sobered up the boy needs to wash his mouth out and take a good slapping with a wet fish - there must be a gif somewhere ;)

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I’d go and watch football every week, but wouldn’t support them

I'd probably go to the local junior team games.

@hibs.net private member aljo7-0's Avatar
    No. Only Hibs for me.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    As in, completely liquidated, no newco, no admin, just gone. Would you be transfer your allegiances to another club, and if so, which one?

Saw this as a discussion elsewhere, and thought it was interesting. For me, the idea of buying another Scottish team’s jersey and showing up to their games is something I can’t fathom. QotS are the only semi close professional team to where I grew up, but I don’t have any affiliation with Dumfries to support them.

I live in Australia at the moment, and don’t even follow a team here as my heart isn’t in it. In all honesty, I’d probably enlist help in setting up a Hibernian Sydney team and put all my angst into supporting and promoting them - even if it was just a Sunday league or 5 aside team.

Having said that, if Wallace Mercer’s vision suddenly came true and the Edinburgh teams united, I’d probably end up following them. As long as it really was a merger and called ‘Edinburgh’ and didn’t play in maroon or at Tynecastle. So in summary, it’s a Hibs connection or nothing for me.
    The last paragraph is it not a bit contradictory ?
    And indirectly dangerous - it’s what that fanny reckoned on for his vision albeit his naming intentions were more specific regarding a “merger” he would have done well in the Brexit debate morphing it into something completely different.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Now that I have thought about it a bit more, I think I would even end up going to the rugby, both rugby union and league, probably go watch Edinburgh rugby.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darwenhibby View Post
    U know a Blackpool fan?? Down here
    I know quite a few.

Probably not, but id most likely go watch Edinburgh City or one of the fife clubs for my football fix.

Don't think id "support" them.

@hibs.net private member Newcastlehibby's Avatar
    No.

@hibs.net private member stu in nottingham's Avatar
    Not 'support' I'd probably continue to visit Forest and Notts County as I do from time to time to get my fix of live football. I don't have that 'feeling' for them though and the pleasure I might get from seeing them do well is to see friends happy.

One would imagine that some sort of phoenix Hibernian club would spring up at a low level and I'd support them definitely.
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown

Maybe if I was a lot younger but as I'm not the answer has got to be no. Maybe take up a hobby like watching English football in the pub at the weekend. That appears to be very popular at the moment. Maybe even punch the air when my 'favourite for this season' team score.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    Couldn’t support another team, but I believe the strength of feeling is so deep for Hibs from so many that we would likely form from the ground up again, somehow.
    This would happen as surely as night follows day.

Id pick celtic since we created them

First Team Regular Billy McKirdy's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N?A Wii Code: N?A
    If the club as we know it died I think we as a support would simply start up a new club called Hibernian.
    I remember at the time of the Mercer affair there was talk of any new incarnation of Hibs being offered the use of Meadowbank Stadium, in fact I remember clearly that the council were very keen at the time to support that scenario, whatever happened if we as a club died there is zero chance that a new club wouldn’t start up.
    It would

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    The only reason I still follow football is because I was a Hibby before I even understood what football was. I've tried to get interested in local teams wherever I've lived but without the Hibs element I just can't get into it and no matter how good the football is the X factor or Hibs factor is missing. I guess I need the attachment to enjoy the game.