hibs.net Messageboard

Page 69 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 2514
    @hibs.net private member
    MacLaren on SSN talking about Cahill coming to Edinburgh. Wonder if there is something in it. A goal scoring midfielder is definitely something we need.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Signed a 2.5 year deal with Bari.

that is a great developmental move for him..

Breaks my heart much more than the Cummings move to Sevco...

Cant understand why Hibs wouldn't have seen him as one of the answers to our lack of creativity going forward..

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    so, the budg..oops, i mean secret benefactor is throwing cash about, just to try beat us

@hibs.net private member Willis1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Naismith to Hearts is complete, according to my mate. Loan to the end of the season
    Not too dissimilar a player to McFadden,he came back up the road at 30 and has been honking.Hopefully this plays out the same way

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    that is a great developmental move for him..

Breaks my heart much more than the Cummings move to Sevco...

Cant understand why Hibs wouldn't have seen him as one of the answers to our lack of creativity going forward..
    Do you think we can compete with Bari on wages?

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Naismith to Hearts is complete, according to my mate. Loan to the end of the season
    I'd be surprised if this happens

Surprised but not envious.

With the weekly wage being quoted (between £7k-£10k) it's a gamble with money that could easily be used elsewhere

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    I'd be surprised if this happens

Surprised but not envious.

With the weekly wage being quoted (between £7k-£10k) it's a gamble with money that could easily be used elsewhere
    Every signing I imagine is a gamble Naismith could be a fantastic signing.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Do you think we can compete with Bari on wages?

don't know tbh....was just lamenting my disappointment we didn't get him back...

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Can only happen if we have someone else lined up Silver Feel a bit sorry for Danny but to date we havent seen the best of him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Danny Swanson owes Hibs big time and I for one think it about time he delivered the St.Johnstone-type performances our club deserves.
    Our club has paid him to basically take time out to grieve for his loss, which is commendable, but enough is enough. The time for feeling sorry for the guy must come to an end and he must show a hunger and desire again - the basics of any professional footballer.
    He openly admits that he has not been focussed on football - which is hard to disagree with when he was one of the trio punished for their transgressions last week.
    He is not doing himself any favours with this type of behaviour, and he needs to knuckle down and win some of us over for the patience our club has shown him.
    Come on Danny, you say you are a Hibby and are living the dream, well come and show us how much you care by playing out your skin on the park between now and the seasons end.

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    Danny Swanson owes Hibs big time and I for one think it about time he delivered the St.Johnstone-type performances our club deserves.
    Our club has paid him to basically take time out to grieve for his loss, which is commendable, but enough is enough. The time for feeling sorry for the guy must come to an end and he must show a hunger and desire again - the basics of any professional footballer.
    He openly admits that he has not been focussed on football - which is hard to disagree with when he was one of the trio punished for their transgressions last week.
    He is not doing himself any favours with this type of behaviour, and he needs to knuckle down and win some of us over for the patience our club has shown him.
    Come on Danny, you say you are a Hibby and are living the dream, well come and show us how much you care by playing out your skin on the park between now and the seasons end.

Agreed .

They have been saying this for days 🙄 Still don't think it will happen.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    It's a bit rubbish it's not working out for Danny just now, perhaps he needs to go and play for a manager who knows how to instantly get the best out of him then come back in the summer and try again. Free up what I would imagine to be a very good wage to help us get someone in to hit the ground running.

I don’t see the logic in this. He’s 30 and says it’s his dream to play for Hibs.

If he’s not ready to contribute now he never will be. I know DS has had off the field issues but personally speaking I am a bit impatient now. He needs to shape up or go.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Naismith's record when he was last in Scotland, playing for the best team in the country at the time was 1 goal in 3. His record upon leaving Everton was 1 in 5 and his record now at Norwich in the Championship is 1 in 7. He is a player who has in the past relied heavily on pace and is joining a team that creates very little in the way of chances.

Left by mutual consent!
    I didn't think Swanson was a good signing in the summer and I still don't.

Free up the wages and send him back to St.Johnstone

Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post

I think he is going there. Only Hearts have showed real interest in signing him.

I have heard Cahill's preferred choice is Hibs as he wants to work with McLaren and fancies Edinburgh. Milwall have dropped their interest. It's a win, win for us as he's hungry to get games for the WC and brings that experience we have missed since Grant Holt/Commons left us. I fancy him to play behind the striker/s and that is maybe why Swanson has been offered to St Johnstone. If you think of the impact Kenny Miller still has at 38, Tim Cahill can be a big player for us this season.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Naismith's record when he was last in Scotland, playing for the best team in the country at the time was 1 goal in 3. His record upon leaving Everton was 1 in 5 and his record now at Norwich in the Championship is 1 in 7. He is a player who has in the past relied heavily on pace and is joining a team that creates very little in the way of chances.

It’s a high profile, exciting signing for Hertz if they pull it off.

I’ve always liked Naismith as a player and he seems a decent guy too. Straight replacement for Jamie Walker. Who knows if he’s still got it though.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paloschi View Post
    I think he is going there. Only Hearts have showed real interest in signing him.

I have heard Cahill's preferred choice is Hibs as he wants to work with McLaren and fancies Edinburgh. Milwall have dropped their interest. It's a win, win for us as he's hungry to get games for the WC and brings that experience we have missed since Grant Holt/Commons left us. I fancy him to play behind the striker/s and that is maybe why Swanson has been offered to St Johnstone. If you think of the impact Kenny Miller still has at 38, Tim Cahill can be a big player for us this season.
    Just hope Cahill stays fit, if Naismith is deemed to be a gamble then Cahill must be seen to be a bigger one given age, recent injury record.

It's on the Scotsman Twitter feed now. looks done.
    No point in us turning up Sunday apparently.......

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    It’s a high profile, exciting signing for Hertz if they pull it off.

I’ve always liked Naismith as a player and he seems a decent guy too. Straight replacement for Jamie Walker. Who knows if he’s still got it though.
    It is an exciting one and think he will do well for them. Would assume he is fully recovered from a bad injury he had last season i think. Very good footballer and a bit of a moaner and niggler so we will grow to hate him pretty quickly I think.

@hibs.net private member
    According to EEN it's a done deal till end of season

Naismith is finished, I’m not one bit worried about them signing him. Two years ago Norwich were happy to pay £10m for him, now they are paying him £20k a week to play for someone else. That’s quite a turn around.
    What happened to him in that two years? I think his legs have gone and everyone knows it which is why nobody in England went near him.
    We’ll have to be wary of him on Sunday just as we would have to had to be wary of Stockton but that’s it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Naismith is finished, I’m not one bit worried about them signing him. Two years ago Norwich were happy to pay £10m for him, now they are paying him £20k a week to play for someone else. That’s quite a turn around.
    What happened to him in that two years? I think his legs have gone and everyone knows it which is why nobody in England went near him.
    We’ll have to be wary of him on Sunday just as we would have to had to be wary of Stockton but that’s it.

we have different views on this one....agree it never really happened for him at Norwich, he also suffered a bad ankle injury this season - just back in Nov 17...after 9 -10 weeks out..He is still an international level player for Scotland - and will be so again. Great attitude, has had to work hard to get where he got to. Not an out and out goalscorer, but also a maker of chances. Think he is a quality addition. if he keeps fit, he will be a big player for them. I'd have been delighted if we had got him.

we have different views on this one....agree it never really happened for him at Norwich, he also suffered a bad ankle injury this season - just back in Nov 17...after 9 -10 weeks out..He is still an international level player for Scotland - and will be so again. Great attitude, has had to work hard to get where he got to. Not an out and out goalscorer, but also a maker of chances. Think he is a quality addition. if he keeps fit, he will be a big player for them. I'd have been delighted if we had got him.
    That is the only issue I think, if he does he will do very well as Hearts have no one else like that.

My thoughts exactly

First Team Breakthrough
    he would be a good signing for them no doubt but I am yet to be convinced this will happen before the derby. when is the deadline for registering players for the cup does anyone know? EEN reporting he is still in talks. If they can´t register him in time, am I right in saying with Lafferty suspended they have no out and out strikers available.

If that situation presents itself I feel 1 goal from us should do it.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

He’s far from finished and I’d bet good money if he does sign for Hearts that he shows just how much he has left. Would be delighted if it was us getting him. He’s only 31!

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    What I do not understand is where the hell are they getting this money from? To pay for Lafferty, Berra, now Naismith.

I do not understand where this money comes from! Still not a level playing field it seems
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    Not directed specifically at you but IMO there's been some right nonsense written about Danny on here. Firstly there was Hibs Net consensus that Danny was trying too hard, now there seems to be consensus he's not trying hard enough! Here's some facts.
    1. Danny has only started 3 league games for Hibs.
    2. Danny played in our last league game &, per reports, apparently played well. Provided an attacking threat but could perhaps have finished better.
    3. That was Danny's 1st league start for over 4 months & his 1st start in any comp for over 3.
    4. Forgetting the well documented personal issues, Danny has also been injured for much of his time at ER.
    Based on the above I'm not really sure how it's possible at present to have any kind of informed opinion about Danny at Hibs, he simply hasn't played enough. Personally I believe he's a quality player but whereas at St J he was the fulcrum of the team, NL seems unsure of his best role with Hibs. One thing I am sure of, if/when he returns to the team he'll greatly benefit from the full support of the ER crowd.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by essexhibee View Post
    What I do not understand is where the hell are they getting this money from? To pay for Lafferty, Berra, now Naismith.

I do not understand where this money comes from! Still not a level playing field it seems
    It's a remarkably rapid descent for Naismith from EPL to Hearts in a couple of years. Hopefully he's well off the pace these days.

But yes, you do have to ask where the money's coming from to fund such a deal as he'll still be commanding a big wage, a wage Hearts were clearly the only club willing to match.

Jeez why so much chat about a player the yams are signing! Ffs