hibs.net Messageboard

Page 58 of 84 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 2514
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    He's suddenly become "garbage" only because he MIGHT be signing a loan agreement with the Rangers. His playing record speaks for itself and he'll be a good signing for them if it goes through.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Folk were saying the same about Berra and he’s been one of the best defenders in the league this season. Martin will do fine for the Huns if he signs for them.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's what folk said about Bruno Alves in the summer...look how that turned out

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Senderos, Krancjaer, Barton, Waghorn...................................

Those names didn't get me worried, not did Alves or any of the current lot, as BH says its hardly Gazza and all the rest from the EBT days of the now defunct Glasgow rangers. Right on the money citing Martin as a sign of the gradual demise of the standard of the national side as well.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i thought clubs could only have a max of 3 players on loan ? the bigots already have two on loan, murphy from brighton and some dude called goss from QPR
    I think that's from other Scottish clubs.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    I think that's from other Scottish clubs.

ah, damn :(

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by yonder1875 View Post
    It's Russel Martin ffs.
    Yes and it's the Scottish premiership, a place Christophe Berra is a standout.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    40 games last season in Championship , 30 in the Prem the year before - and he is garbage? How does that add up? Other than Ambrose he has played at a higher level than either McGregor or Hanlon will - not suggesting he is top notch - but to say he is garbage doesn't stack up.
    He would walk in to our team.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Yes and it's the Scottish premiership, a place Christophe Berra is a standout.
    Exactly. Quite incredible the amount of folk on here at the beginning of the season laughing at hearts signing Berra. They'd be near the bottom of the league without him.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Exactly. Quite incredible the amount of folk on here at the beginning of the season laughing at hearts signing Berra. They'd be near the bottom of the league without him.
    Probably because huge portions of this forum lack the ability to look at things objectively.

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Probably because huge portions of this forum lack the ability to look at things objectively.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Berra Will gift a goal to us in thé cup tie.

Hé is murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post

Hé is murder.
    Best CH in the division at the moment i reckon. They are extremely fortunate the have him.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    He's suddenly become "garbage" only because he MIGHT be signing a loan agreement with the Rangers. His playing record speaks for itself and he'll be a good signing for them if it goes through.
    Agreed.

If we were linked I'm sure the responses would be very different on here.

He'll stroll it up here imo

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    I read somewhere today that Martin hasn’t played since August? If that’s the case it’s going to take him a while to get up to speed!

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    It wouldn’t be any fun if the views were rational.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Best CH in the division at the moment i reckon. They are extremely fortunate the have him.
    I've always liked Russell Martin but conversely, or perhaps perversely, I'm not a big fan of Berra. I think he's done reasonably well this season but he's very one dimensional & he's aided & abetted in his play by the awful Scottish pitches & Tinycastle in particular. A player running at Berra on a good pitch will destroy him. I certainly wouldn't swap him for Paul Hanlon.

Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    He would walk in to our team.
    No he wouldn't. He's not played a proper game since August and he was struggling before that. He has a back issue...and he had got very slow in the last few years.

The Berra chat is simply cause he handles high balls. The hearts defence was rank rotten when we played round them and Easter Rd.

@hibs.net private member

Hé is murder.

jeezo....well if he does, it will be completely out of character this season - he has been excellent...

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    No he wouldn't. He's not played a proper game since August and he was struggling before that. He has a back issue...and he had got very slow in the last few years.

The Berra chat is simply cause he handles high balls. The hearts defence was rank rotten when we played round them and Easter Rd.
    They haven't been rank rotten lately while we leak soft goals all the time.

Oh and its Grant Hanley thats currently keeping him out the team at Norwich....but I'm sure he'd walk into our team too.

Oh and its Grant Hanley thats currently keeping him out the team at Norwich....but I'm sure he'd walk into our team too.
    Rafa benitez paid 6 million for him at Newcastle , can't see Hanlon or McGregor going for that much 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I've always liked Russell Martin but conversely, or perhaps perversely, I'm not a big fan of Berra. I think he's done reasonably well this season but he's very one dimensional & he's aided & abetted in his play by the awful Scottish pitches & Tinycastle in particular. A player running at Berra on a good pitch will destroy him. I certainly wouldn't swap him for Paul Hanlon.
    Not a chance I'd swap him for PH, wouldn't swap Russel Martin for PH either.

People saying Martin would "stroll it" up here is a bit of a stretch. Yes, he may well be a good Scottish Premiership standard centre half but people are talking as if it's Van Dijk coming back up the road.

Left by mutual consent!

Hé is murder.
    I've no idea what you're basing that on.

@hibs.net private member

You've certainly got your Hibs tinted glasses on today...Hanley wouldn't only stroll into our first 11, he would get the armband...different level from Hanlon and McGregor (and I'm a fan of both of them)..

Left by mutual consent!
    Yes, Grant Hanley would of course walk into our team and automatically become the best defender.

Berra and Martin are both very good players at Scottish level, lets not be as bitter as some of the other fans forums and just dismiss players simply because they play for rival clubs.

Berra , Martin and Hanley have 97 caps between them but are all murder apparently 😂😂

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    Berra , Martin and Hanley have 97 caps between them but are all murder apparently 😂😂
    It is for Scotland after all and not Germany. I can see why people may say they will struggle against Ross County and Dundee.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by yonder1875 View Post
    Not a chance I'd swap him for PH, wouldn't swap Russel Martin for PH either.

People saying Martin would "stroll it" up here is a bit of a stretch. Yes, he may well be a good Scottish Premiership standard centre half but people are talking as if it's Van Dijk coming back up the road.

There's some on here who appear rather keen to talk up opposition players rather than our own..

Granted the yams are extremely eager nay praying even for us not to pump them out of the Scottish Cup three seasons running or make it 10 or even possibly 11 in a row. The pressure is telling on them as they may be prepared to fork out hundreds of thousands of pounds in wages to short term hire Steven Naismith . Hardly Pele but then they are desperate.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post

There's some on here who appear rather keen to talk up opposition players rather than our own..

Granted the yams are extremely eager nay praying even for us not to pump them out of the Scottish Cup three seasons running or make it 10 or even possibly 11 in a row. The pressure is telling on them as they may be prepared to fork out hundreds of thousands of pounds in wages to short term hire Steven Naismith . Hardly Pele but they are desperate.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

When we are linked with another player I'll talk them up I promise.

Until then when on a transfer thread good players are linked with other clubs I'm not going to change an opinion on a player because it's another team. Naismith would walk into our side and be a great influence on the younger players.