hibs.net Messageboard

Page 68 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 2514
    Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by adhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats a bit harsh, hes only had half a season which has been hampered by injuries. He showed what he could contribute against killie, any chance of winning that was lost when he tired in the second half.
    Agree with this.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Looks like Naismith is going to Hearts. 10k a week wage contribution is what Norwich were apparently wanting...
    If true and they are paying £10k per week for just a six months loan until summer, then that is reasonable i suppose from their point of view, roughly 26 weeks x £10k = £260k, about what they got for Jamie Walker.

If true and they have taken on the extra year of his contract, there is a further £520k annual wages on one player, that is typical Hearts going back to their old ways.

Amongst all the hundreds of posts about Naismith, I can't see one that makes reference to him being match fit for Sunday. I assume he must think he is, and that is part of the attraction, but I'm not sure I would be that keen on Hibs signing any player (no matter how great he supposedly is) and pitching him into a fierce Scottish Cup Derby when he's not played for six months.

This could backfire on them, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by 21sMay View Post
    Was told mallan was shown around East mains today,
    Lennon also trying to bring In 2 others , 1 of the players are pretty much a done deal, the other one is a wee bit away yet (dependant on moving a few players on) but would certainly put a smile on our faces 😉
    Mallan would be a good piece of business, fingers crossed on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Levein rolling the dice and splashing cash to bring in Naismith for the cup game. He needs Naismith to win him the game to keep him in a job. This deal will substantially up the ante for Levein because if they don't go through, the honeymoon period will be over and it will be the beginning of the end for Levein, particularly if Naismith and their other new signing don't not perform.
    Agree with that. In their desperation, they've very likely spent more than they can afford. Beating Hibs is all that matters to these chumps.
    If they fail, the Yams will be a pig with lipstick and Levein will be hounded out.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    St Johnstone looking to get Swanson on loan until summer.
    Can only happen if we have someone else lined up Silver Feel a bit sorry for Danny but to date we havent seen the best of him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Agree with that. In their desperation, they've very likely spent more than they can afford. Beating Hibs is all that matters to these chumps.
    If they fail, the Yams will be a pig with lipstick and Levein will be hounded out.
    As their new left back and naismith Will be blowing out of their backsides in thé second half it seems levein is gambling on one, stand alone, huge 45 mins in thé first half on sunday.

If we are level or ahead at half time this could get ugly for hearts and Ive got a Seat in thé roseburn end to enjoy it!

Mon the Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    If true and they are paying £10k per week for just a six months loan until summer, then that is reasonable i suppose from their point of view, roughly 26 weeks x £10k = £260k, about what they got for Jamie Walker.

If true and they have taken on the extra year of his contract, there is a further £520k annual wages on one player, that is typical Hearts going back to their old ways.

Amongst all the hundreds of posts about Naismith, I can't see one that makes reference to him being match fit for Sunday. I assume he must think he is, and that is part of the attraction, but I'm not sure I would be that keen on Hibs signing any player (no matter how great he supposedly is) and pitching him into a fierce Scottish Cup Derby when he's not played for six months.

I think he just played for Norwich U23s so he will have a degree of fitness if he has been playing. He also scored 2.
    It's a quality signing no point dressing it up differently.
    He's no world beater though and we are still the stronger team Naismith included.

The further year will be at his full wage not the 10k a week. The cannot afford it without external funding.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Naismith will be a good signing for them and was told the other day it's happening (although was told it would be done yesterday). Hoping we have a new face in for Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Really don’t want Swanson to leave and I find the timing odd as he is just getting fit again.

Regarding Mallan being shown round today - i find it odd how the only people who know about this are 3 posters. Normally that sort of information is leaked and the papepers know about it.

You would suspect Hendo coming in means either Mcginn or Mcgeouch away, can’t see us being able to have all 3 plus Slivka, Bartley, Mallan and Stirling.
    I would suspect we won't be signing Hendo or Mallan so doubt this is going to be a problem.

I think the best we'll do is another Barker type signing, a loan deal for a number 10 or a left back.

Wonder what the likelihood of us making any signings before Sunday.

@hibs.net private member
    Was just having a look on sickback and they were talking about laughatme’s 3 game ban. Someone has just posted an article from today’s evening news. Says Levein is working on signing a striker but if it doesn’t happen the he will choose from Stockton or Isma.

is it all is Barry Anderson laying the groundwork for Naismith not signing?

My thoughts too. Any player who has not played for six months will be well short of match fitness and sharpness and will take 3-4 weeks to get up to speed. Martin, who has signed for sevco last played at the end of August. Stokesy took a few weeks before he was fit. Adrenaline can get you through the first game but after that the lack of sharpness catches up with you. I suppose it shows how desperate Potter is that he will pay way over the odds for Naismith yet wouldn't match hibs for mclaren. I'm sure even he'll know that anything he gets in the first few games will be a bonus but he knows if he loses he will have a tough job keeping the baying masses at bay as the will be wanting his blood. Expect a total copy of the last game with them trying to nick a win. If he is brave enough to attack a bit more I can see us picking them off. I can just see mclaren coming on and scoring. I'll go for 1-1 or 2-1 to us.

Ggtth.
    Last edited by mjhibby; 17-01-2018 at 08:21 AM.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    I hope Naismith signs, gets injured in the first 5 minutes and subbed. We win and go through to next round. Naismith then recovers for next game and is honking for the rest of the season.

Henderson won't be joining.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Some something last night that as good as confirmed he was off to Bari, good luck to the laddie. He could have gone down to Coventry or Barnsley or some other pish but he's taken a brave decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Some something last night that as good as confirmed he was off to Bari, good luck to the laddie. He could have gone down to Coventry or Barnsley or some other pish but he's taken a brave decision.
    He seems to be willing to ply his trade abroad. Seemed to do OK at rosenborg when he was on loan there so could do well in Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by adhibs View Post
    Thats a bit harsh, hes only had half a season which has been hampered by injuries. He showed what he could contribute against killie, any chance of winning that was lost when he tired in the second half.
    I don't think its that harsh tbh...the few games he's played he has flattered to deceive a bit and Lennon won't have been impressed at him breaking curfew in Portugal a week after giving it the big...my season starts here speech in the press. If we can get better in I'd move him on...even if it's a loan deal till end of season.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    It's a bit rubbish it's not working out for Danny just now, perhaps he needs to go and play for a manager who knows how to instantly get the best out of him then come back in the summer and try again. Free up what I would imagine to be a very good wage to help us get someone in to hit the ground running.

Left by mutual consent!
    Kenny McLean swapping with Naismith anyone heard?

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    It's a bit rubbish it's not working out for Danny just now, perhaps he needs to go and play for a manager who knows how to instantly get the best out of him then come back in the summer and try again. Free up what I would imagine to be a very good wage to help us get someone in to hit the ground running.

I can't see where Danny fits into Lennon's team shape TBH. Recently we've seen a 4-2-4 formation, basic 4-4-2 with wingers, 4-1-2-3 all these Lennon seems to favour Stokes playing either off the left or behind the striker, exactly where Danny prefers to play.

I feel the 4-2-3-1 would suit our players better allowing Danny and Stokes to play but Lennon really likes playing Bartley as the holding mid, so one has to drop out and that's generally Danny.

I look at our squad at times and wonder if Lennon just bought players because they were available instead of thinking about the balance of the squad.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

That would be funny, but cant see that happening.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Could be something in it.

To help sweeten the pot for Aberdeen

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/...clean-reports/

First Team Breakthrough GillyHibee's Avatar

was reported in the papers this morning that McLean was subject to a 500,000 bid from Norwich, so could be a possibility

Come home Dominique Malonga!

Really. Was told by a yam associate that they were going to pay SN 7 grand a week!

Please be true that he might head North to Aberdeen!

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Come home Dominique Malonga!

this, we would get a great song back as well Do Do Do

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Really. Was told by a yam associate that they were going to pay SN 7 grand a week!

Please be true that he might head North to Aberdeen!

Naismith to Hearts is complete, according to my mate. Loan to the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Signed a 2.5 year deal with Bari.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Naismith to Hearts is complete, according to my mate. Loan to the end of the season
    Ok!

Still though if what I was told is true 7K a week. Mental cash and reeks of desperation. Mind you it’s the yams and money no object yet again