hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Although I have defended Falkirk as a club in an earlier post due to their strongly worded statement released last night, I do agree that they let themselves down by not taking more of a public stance with regards to the behaviour of Joe McKee and Kevin O'Hara when they were both found to have made abusive comments towards Shiels in a previous match.

In my opinion, Falkirk should have sacked the pair of them for gross misconduct as soon as it came to light that they had behaved in that way and it was disappointing that didn't happen.

If Shiels was black and they had abused him because of the colour of his skin, they would have both been out the door. I fail to see why this would be treated any less seriously.

2. Log in to remove the advert

As someone quite rightly said, this was a pre-planned act, not some offensive remark that someones shouted in the heat of the moment (not saying thats right at all either btw but sometimes folk do get carried away in the heat of a tense game and shout things without thinking). Someones thought this up, gone to the bother of ordering online/going to a shop and spending money on it and carrying it out.

Some very sad people out there.

@hibs.net private member therealgavmac's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They really do have a particularly ****my element in their support. Nippy fan base indeed who over the last few years have been desperate to create some big rivalry with us to try make themselves relevant. Hope they rot in the lower leagues for some time. Horrible wee club.

The peado chants to Jason Cummings and of course their fans unprovoked attack to hibs supporters making their way to the train station with children that left one guy needing facial surgery will always make them one of my most disliked set of fans. Absolutely disgusting what some of those ****bags did to Shiels the other day, no need whatsoever, not funny, not "banter" just sick.
    It wasn’t an unprovoked attack at the train station, it was an episode of Strictly $kum Dancing.....

All football fans should be sympathetic towards Falkirk's plight, especially Hearts and Rangers. It is 20 years since Falkirk went into Provisional Liquidation and they are still the only club in the country to pay back their creditors 100 pence in the pound. Well done Falkirk. I wish them well.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Two or more wrongs will never make a right.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42554822

Quote Originally Posted by Baker9 View Post
    All football fans should be sympathetic towards Falkirk's plight, especially Hearts and Rangers. It is 20 years since Falkirk went into Provisional Liquidation and they are still the only club in the country to pay back their creditors 100 pence in the pound. Well done Falkirk. I wish them well.
    And that makes mocking a disabled fellow professional fine in what way? That makes fans chucking fake eyes at a disabled person fine in what way? If I pay all my debt back does that mean I can stroll around doing whatever I like, racially abusing people and mocking the disabled? Deplorable.

https://news.sky.com/story/west-brom...emark-11194454

Amazing what fans think is acceptable to say to players. What a grade A *****monkey!!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TRC View Post
    I know a Falkirk fan who can't see out of one aye nicer gut you'd struggle to find. It's like idiots calling black players this or that when you have black guys in your support or in your team.. the mentality of some folk begged belief

Or whitty an orange ******* which was shouted at Aberdeen.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I don't see it as hugely offensive, just pathetic. A childish act, and one only a child might find amusing. Laughable that such an issue is being made over this while our current and previous managers were regularly referred to as fenian *******s in Scottish grounds, but that's just robust terrace banter. Time we got our priorities right in this country.

Yeah because whatabouttery is the way to go? Early days in 2018 but the most badly advised posting could have a winner already.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I don't see it as hugely offensive, just pathetic. A childish act, and one only a child might find amusing. Laughable that such an issue is being made over this while our current and previous managers were regularly referred to as fenian *******s in Scottish grounds, but that's just robust terrace banter. Time we got our priorities right in this country.
    My old uncle was of that certain breed of tough old codgers but a few years back fell ill and needed to have both legs amputated. He was very sensitive about it but when any of us were round his flat we would take him across the road to the pub for a pint. That was until the day some students were at the pub and made a load of 'legless in the pub' jokes....all in good humour of course. He never left the flat again, but it's ok, they were just having a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Despicable club, despicable fans, despicable manager, despicable 3 sided ground, despicable red faced ex manager. Hope they get relegated

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    this

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Weil View Post
    My old uncle was of that certain breed of tough old codgers but a few years back fell ill and needed to have both legs amputated. He was very sensitive about it but when any of us were round his flat we would take him across the road to the pub for a pint. That was until the day some students were at the pub and made a load of 'legless in the pub' jokes....all in good humour of course. He never left the flat again, but it's ok, they were just having a laugh.
    There are a few occasions when it is acceptable to punch someone in the puss.

Many years ago my Grandad lost his sight and joined a local blind club. My Grandmother said to my cousin and I one day 'ask him where he was on Tuesday' He wouldnt tell us. She took great delight in telling us they had been on a sightseeing tour !

Kenny Shields on Radio 5live at 1030 discussing the incident involving his son. Usually forthright with his opinion so hopefully he doesn't hold back and calls the/these cretins out

Just had a peek over on Hearts fan website. Not much sympathy there for Dean, with his Hibs connection evidently influencing quite a few contributors.

Very, very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Just had a peek over on Hearts fan website. Not much sympathy there for Dean, with his Hibs connection evidently influencing quite a few contributors.

Very, very sad.
    I'm not sure if there's more than one thread on the go but on the one I've just read the majority of them have condemned the behaviour.

Kenny Shiels take on it and pretty much what he said on Radio last night.

http://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dail...f-11793748.amp

Another fan who needs to have a serious word with himself

http://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc....tball/42558360
    Last edited by BS44; 04-01-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post
    Kenny Shiels take on it and pretty much what he said on Radio last night.

http://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dail...f-11793748.amp

Another fan who needs to have a serious word with themself

http://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc....tball/42558360
    Hes absolutely spot on with what he says. That club had the chance to make a stand and show their disgust at their players and what they done, they chose to stay silent in the media, take no action against their players, and actually have the audacity to go to a hearing and try and defend the indefensible. Horrible little club.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Hes absolutely spot on with what he says. That club had the chance to make a stand and show their disgust at their players and what they done, they chose to stay silent in the media, take no action against their players, and actually have the audacity to go to a hearing and try and defend the indefensible. Horrible little club.
    Pretty much the point I made yesterday - they stayed silent about their players but condemned the fans who it seems to me took their lead from those players. Appalling way for a club to conduct itself and I truly hope that they at least internally embarrassed .......

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    I listened to Kenny on 5live last night in disbelief. The Falkirk CEO put Dean on the stand for 2 hours so that she could try to find an angle to mitigate the behaviour of her employees. This is indicative of a club that is rotten - from the fans to the players to the club directors, ALL of them have been complicit in the abuse. 5live give Scottish football 0% attention or coverage, so it is a measure of how outrageous this situation is that they dedicated a segment to it.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?

From Falkirk FC's own website ...

Words cost nothing. You might actually think they meant all this.

I would suggest that Dunfermline FC were an "outside agency working on Falkirk FC premises ..."

And that Dean Sheils was a member of their staff?

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/the-club/disability-discrimination/

POLICY

Falkirk FC fully supports the principle of equal opportunities in employment and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of disability. No applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of disability.
    It is in the interest of Falkirk FC and those who work for the club to ensure that all available human resource talents and skills are considered when employment opportunities arise. Falkirk FC is committed to maintaining and managing a diverse work force.

PURPOSE

The purpose of the Disability Discrimination Policy is to ensure that Falkirk FC complies with the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 and to ensure that disabled persons falling within the definition of the Act are treated equally and fairly.

SCOPE

The Disability Discrimination Policy covers all staff and applicants. This also covers employees who become disabled during their employment. Where relevant, it also covers staff employed by outside agencies working on Falkirk FC premises.

POLICY GUIDELINES

Recruitment, training and promotion are carried out in line with Falkirk FC codes of practice. Clear job descriptions and person specifications are used (where appropriate) to enhance objective assessments and to ensure that decisions are made solely on objective and job related criteria. Falkirk FC will provide training and guidance to all relevant staff, who identify a need, to ensure that the risk of possible discriminatory attitudes affecting decisions are minimised and that there is an understanding of the relevant provisions of the Disability Discrimination Act 1995.

Falkirk FC operates a Grievance Procedure to help enable grievances, including those relating to unfair decisions on grounds of disability, to be formally heard. All reasonable and necessary changes will be investigated, and any justified changes will be made to the workplace and to employment arrangements, so that disabled people are not at any substantial disadvantage compared to non-disabled people. This covers all areas of employment, including recruitment.

A flexible approach will be adopted and where possible and justified, consideration to reallocation of duties, time off for rehabilitation, assessment or treatment or other appropriate measures to ensure equal opportunity. In recruitment and selection, Falkirk FC will modify selection techniques, where appropriate, and make any other reasonable changes to ensure that disabled people can be considered equally with non-disabled candidates.

Falkirk FC will ensure that disabled people will receive equal treatment in training and development and where appropriate, will supply additional training. Every endeavour will be made to ensure that contract workers are not discriminated against because of their disability and Falkirk FC will ensure that any and all other agencies which may be used are aware of this policy. Falkirk FC actively encourages promotion of this policy in its internal and external recruitment by ensuring that advertisements, job descriptions and person specifications do not discriminate.

Falkirk FC will ensure that all new employees are aware of this policy as part of their induction and will regularly review and monitor this policy to ensure its implementation and effectiveness.
    Last edited by --------; 04-01-2018 at 10:52 PM.

Paul Hartley defending club's corner in the press today.

Really, really sad.

Really, really sad.
    Was he condemning the behaviour of those involved though?

@hibs.net private member

Really, really sad.
    Yeah jus comments were brutal. Not once acknowledging that I club had a chance to deal with this when their players first started it but instead decided to defend them.

Left by mutual consent!

Really, really sad.
    Seen a bit of his 'What else do they want the club to do' type piece today. Sad and sickening. Both Shiels Dean and Kenny have always in my opinion deserved nothing but respect for the way they have gone about their footballing business and this is yet another shameful episode in this sometimes very backward country when some numpties feel they can ridicule a person's disability. Falkirk and Hartley are well suited for each other.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    The behaviour of the chairwoman and lack of action by Falkirk is beyond belief. What a reflection of that horrible club but more importantly a reflection on Scottish football as Kenny shiels said they could have nipped it in the bud straight away. Any club that thinks mocking someones disability can be measured in the weeks of a punishment has no place in Scottish football. Beginning to dislike them even above Sevco and the mini Huns. Boy they must be proud of themselves with their disgusting behaviour. Sfa need to send out a message with a fine to the club then any repeat means deducting points. I know sevco get away with their bile but this is worse IMHO.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    The behaviour of the chairwoman and lack of action by Falkirk is beyond belief. What a reflection of that horrible club but more importantly a reflection on Scottish football as Kenny shiels said they could have nipped it in the bud straight away. Any club that thinks mocking someones disability can be measured in the weeks of a punishment has no place in Scottish football. Beginning to dislike them even above Sevco and the mini Huns. Boy they must be proud of themselves with their disgusting behaviour. Sfa need to send out a message with a fine to the club then any repeat means deducting points. I know sevco get away with their bile but this is worse IMHO.
    They're pushing pre and post administration Hearts and pre and post liquidation now defunct Glasgow rangers and their successor hard for the title of stain on Scottish football.

Horrible wee club on the way down.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Baker9 View Post
    I wish them a sharp fall into oblivion then the ones with the bus fares can all piss off to ibrox where they belong

Deano should have picked up the offending objects and hurled them back.

Let the SFA sort that one out!

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Deano should have picked up the offending objects and hurled them back.

Let the SFA sort that one out!
    No he should not. It is not the normal reaction of a disabled person to respond so casually to despicable abuse.
    I think he is a hero still managing to compete in the game at a high level.