hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    ****bags. Hope they get relegated.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Going to swim against the tide here and say that I don’t mind Falkirk or their fans as a club and find the tendency of some on here to demonize them a little weird and OTT.

The fake eyeball incident is just one of those embarrassing things exhibtionist cretins will occasionally do at football. It’s essentially a self-harming morons own goal as the clown who perpetrated it will discover through time, in the unlikely event he achieves an ounce of sentience. But to weaponize the actions of one or two fools to blanket condemn a local club as evil incarnate - get a grip.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Going to swim against the tide here and say that I don’t mind Falkirk or their fans as a club and find the tendency of some on here to demonize them a little weird and OTT.

The fake eyeball incident is just one of those embarrassing things exhibtionist cretins will occasionally do at football. It’s essentially a self-harming morons own goal as the clown who perpetrated it will discover through time, in the unlikely event he achieves an ounce of sentience. But to weaponize the actions of one or two fools to blanket condemn a local club as evil incarnate - get a grip.
    Agree with this. The OTT reaction about FFC is a little bit cringey. Falkirk are a smaller club who we had a bit a rivalry going with when in the championship. We have left that behind and it’s not like we don’t have a few bell ends in our support is it?

@hibs.net private member
    I'm a bit confused by something and wonder if anyone can explain.

The BBC article on this (cant post a link as on my phone) suggests Falkirk as a club could be in trouble for this.

Why would this be possible and Rangers wouldn't be held to account for their fans singing sectarian songs when they were in the lower leagues?

Or have I missed something?

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    They have played a large part by staying largely quiet in the face of two of their players being charged with abusing dean’s disability. They should both have been sacked on the spot.
    Totally agree. They are a hard club to like and the boards silence was shocking. I'd be horrified if any of our players behaved like that and would be disgusted if the board didn't condemn it in the strongest possible way and fine the players the maximum allowed. That they are staring at relegation is maybe them getting their just desserts.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    I'm a bit confused by something and wonder if anyone can explain.

The BBC article on this (cant post a link as on my phone) suggests Falkirk as a club could be in trouble for this.

Why would this be possible and Rangers wouldn't be held to account for their fans singing sectarian songs when they were in the lower leagues?

Or have I missed something?
    The objects were thrown on to the pitch and just luke every other time objects are thrown on to the pitch the club is liable for a fine. Throwing bigotted or secterian words you get for free

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I don't see it as hugely offensive, just pathetic. A childish act, and one only a child might find amusing. Laughable that such an issue is being made over this while our current and previous managers were regularly referred to as fenian *******s in Scottish grounds, but that's just robust terrace banter. Time we got our priorities right in this country.

Left by mutual consent!
    What the **** goes on in some people's heads is genuinely disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I don't see it as hugely offensive, just pathetic. A childish act, and one only a child might find amusing. Laughable that such an issue is being made over this while our current and previous managers were regularly referred to as fenian *******s in Scottish grounds, but that's just robust terrace banter. Time we got our priorities right in this country.
    I find it astonishing that you don’t think taking the **** out of someone with a disability is offensive to Dean. Absolutely abhorrent behaviour.

What an incredible statement. Abusing someone's disability is a childish act and of less "importance" than being called a Fenian *******?!?!

Not for me.

@hibs.net private member
    Oh dear

I know a Falkirk fan who can't see out of one aye nicer gut you'd struggle to find. It's like idiots calling black players this or that when you have black guys in your support or in your team.. the mentality of some folk begged belief

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Well that might sum up your priorities but to me and hopefully most other right minded folk it's way more offensive than songs about managers' religion.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Well that might sum up your priorities but to me and hopefully most other right minded folk it's way more offensive than songs about managers' religion.
    Why do they have to be mutually exclusive? They’re both pathetic in this day and age surely?

Wow

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Sorry but i totaly disagree with your comments. I think it was disgusting making a mockery of somebodys disability i just hope they find the morons responsible for it and throw the book at them.

With respect that is total nonsense.

Abusing someone on the grounds of disability is just as bad and should be treated just as seriously as abuse on the grounds of skin colour, sexual orientation and religious belief.

A disability is not something that can be helped and it can often be something that the person concerned feels very sensitive about, particularly in cases like Dean Shiels' when it is very visible and has occurred through quite traumatic circumstances.

What happened yesterday is totally unacceptable and is just as bad as the abuse suffered by Neil Lennon. That behaviour cannot be tolerated in any way.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    Sorry but i totaly disagree with your comments. I think it was disgusting making a mockery of somebodys disability i just hope they find the morons responsible for it and throw the book at them.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post

Fair enough for your point of view but having been in the Falkirk end at a game I will stand by my comments. Oh, and I know we have a fair share of dafties but two wrongs dont make a right.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    The rubber ball eyes being thrown was mindless and crass behaviour , but fortunately the childish morons who think it hilarious to do so are very much limited to a handful.

Left by mutual consent!
    The rubber ball eyes being thrown was mindless and crass behaviour , but fortunately the childish morons who think it hilarious to do so are very much limited to a handful.
    What about the two Falkirk players getting done for previous comments? Who goes into a shop and buys eyeballs and think it's acceptable to chuck at a guy with an eye missing? It's actually disturbing, a lot more disturbing than someone being a 90 min bigot.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    What about the two Falkirk players getting done for previous comments? Who goes into a shop and buys eyeballs and think it's acceptable to chuck at a guy with an eye missing? It's actually disturbing, a lot more disturbing than someone being a 90 min bigot.
    Couldn't agree more. They are total cretins.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    They have played a large part by staying largely quiet in the face of two of their players being charged with abusing dean’s disability. They should both have been sacked on the spot.
    Absolutely this 110%...They refused to condemn their players behaviour and now this. Horrible little club

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Spot on.

Lifetime bans for the culprits. This wasn't an act done in the heat of the moment during a feisty 'derby' style encounter, whoever did this planned to do it and even went to the bother of spending money on it, absolutely bloody disgusting!

FFS, we have a drive on to put an end to racism and homophobia in football, if we allow folk to get away with disability discrimination how can we expect gay players to feel they will be safe from being targeted by morons if a guy like Deano isn't even safe from them.

This isn't just embarrassing for Falkirk, it brings the whole game into disrepute ..... I would be utterly mortified if this had been Hibs fans and I'm sure the vast majority of Falkirk fans feel the same about these cretins.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Lifetime bans for the culprits. This wasn't an act done in the heat of the moment during a feisty 'derby' style encounter, whoever did this planned to do it and even went to the bother of spending money on it, absolutely bloody disgusting!

FFS, we have a drive on to put an end to racism and homophobia in football, if we allow folk to get away with disability discrimination how can we expect gay players to feel they will be safe from being targeted by morons if a guy like Deano isn't even safe from them.

This isn't just embarrassing for Falkirk, it brings the whole game into disrepute ..... I would be utterly mortified if this had been Hibs fans and I'm sure the vast majority of Falkirk fans feel the same about these cretins.
    Falkirk as a club made a rod for their own back when they said nothing publicly about their two players behavior a few weeks back. As always there is a sense of hypocrisy - the players have value so they say nothing to upset the apple cart and as a consequence their condemnation of the fans lacks credibility.......

Coaching Staff
    Your plain wrong! It's very offensive.

They really do have a particularly ****my element in their support. Nippy fan base indeed who over the last few years have been desperate to create some big rivalry with us to try make themselves relevant. Hope they rot in the lower leagues for some time. Horrible wee club.

The peado chants to Jason Cummings and of course their fans unprovoked attack to hibs supporters making their way to the train station with children that left one guy needing facial surgery will always make them one of my most disliked set of fans. Absolutely disgusting what some of those ****bags did to Shiels the other day, no need whatsoever, not funny, not "banter" just sick.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Falkirk as a club made a rod for their own back when they said nothing publicly about their two players behavior a few weeks back. As always there is a sense of hypocrisy - the players have value so they say nothing to upset the apple cart and as a consequence their condemnation of the fans lacks credibility.......
    I agree, but in the long term it isn't the clubs who change attitudes and mentality, its the fans themselves. I stand to be corrected, but I'm struggling to recall Hibs as a club ever coming out and directly asking the fans not to engage in sectarian behaviour, apart from the signs around the stadium pointing out what's regarded as unacceptable which all clubs have to follow, I presume you will find the same ground regulations posters at Ibrox.

No, it was the fans who gradually left the songs and chants more suited to the streets of Northern Ireland behind and in the case of Falkirk I would like to think that the large majority of their fans will make it clear that what happened against Dunfermline was and is totally unacceptable and hopefully find a way to issue some sort of public apology to Deano along with a strong condemnation of the idiots involved ..... I would hope that if this had been us the Hibs supporters association would issue a statement doing that with a promise that any of their members found to be involved would be oot the door.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    There was a lot to dislike about Falkirk under Houston but that is football. To have two players found guilty of abusing Dean because of his disability and then this disgraceful behaviour by fans says something about the Club. The weasily statement by their Board does nothing to help rebuild their reputation.

I would be delighted to see them relegated this season.