hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Nba

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar

Nba

Kobe Bryant has two jerseys retired by the Lakers. Five NBA championship winning legend. Sadly, I only saw him play once in the Staples. 2009 against the Denver Nuggets. Carmelo Anthony was a nightmare but Kobe won out the duel. Trevor Ariza had a great game but left next season. Ron Artest replaced him and a second Championship was won.

Watching the Lakers play Golden State, the new best team at present. It's close but with Durrant it will be a hard battle.

Kobe's speech and video poem were inspiring directions to what any sports player should want to become.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GreenLake; 19-12-2017 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Was pissed and typos were horrific

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member KinchHibee's Avatar
    Seen the Mamba play just the once when team USA played team GB in Manchester for a 2012 warm up. Would have loved to have seen him in the purple and gold but never got it organised.

The young kids on the team now are playing well but just encountering the usual issues of being a young team. Ingram and Ball will be fun to watch over the next few years!

Well.........I've been to see the Rocks play a few times and they sucked . You do get to have a beer at the games though

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bairn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seen the Mamba play just the once when team USA played team GB in Manchester for a 2012 warm up. Would have loved to have seen him in the purple and gold but never got it organised.

The young kids on the team now are playing well but just encountering the usual issues of being a young team. Ingram and Ball will be fun to watch over the next few years!
    I have been lucky to watch Ingram last season and Ball this season. Interesting but as Shaq said, they need a couple of big names. I'll take LeBron and any other.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Well.........I've been to see the Rocks play a few times and they sucked . You do get to have a beer at the games though
    If you mean the Rockets they are looking good. We upgraded our seats to a few rows back from courtside for the last game and saw Chris Paul and Harden destroy us. Justin Turner, the Dodger player had his batchelor party that night and his mates Paul and Harden gave an impromptu half court shootout contest after the game!

Lakers are at Rockets tomorrow night and also on New Years Eve.

I'm seeing the Celtics game in London while I'm back, should be fun

Seen the Bulls play at the United centre, totally different experience from being at a football or rugby match here!

loved it though, great experience

Saw the Knicks play the 76ers in MSG in 2007. I think they were in a bit of a transition period (as they always seem to be) and were a bit off the pace. They still won though and watching the Knicks at The Garden is ticked off the bucket list.

Must admit I haven’t been keeping up with the league this year but as the NFL is done I’ll no doubt start watching/recording more games on BT Sport.

I follow the Pelicans. Feels like we ar wasting ADs career with us most of the time. Season blew up this year when Boogie got injured.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenSQH View Post
    I follow the Pelicans. Feels like we ar wasting ADs career with us most of the time. Season blew up this year when Boogie got injured.

Do you think the Pelicans will re-sign Boogie?

I think its a big risk, but an opportunity to get him on a less than max contract, maybe even with less years as a ‘prove it’ kind of deal, with the promise of a max offer afterwards if he gets back to his previous level

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Do you think the Pelicans will re-sign Boogie?

I think its a big risk, but an opportunity to get him on a less than max contract, maybe even with less years as a ‘prove it’ kind of deal, with the promise of a max offer afterwards if he gets back to his previous level
    I cant see the team taking that risk. Its an injury which can be hard to ever return to the previous level from. Would love to see them work something out on the cheap but imagine someone else might pay more to take the gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenSQH View Post
    I cant see the team taking that risk. Its an injury which can be hard to ever return to the previous level from. Would love to see them work something out on the cheap but imagine someone else might pay more to take the gamble.

I think there are several teams who’ll offer the max and pray he gets back to the level he was at (not necessarily the Pels, although if Anthony Davis indicates he wants boogie back (and will stay himself when his contract is up it may change their position)

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...tory-month-nba

My interest in basketball is very limited but this story caught my eye. Im assuming this coach is getting the same sort of online right wing hate that Kaepernick gets? and not just because he looks a lot like Donald Sutherland (keifers dad for all you younger viewers)

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...tory-month-nba

My interest in basketball is very limited but this story caught my eye. Im assuming this coach is getting the same sort of online right wing hate that Kaepernick gets? and not just because he looks a lot like Donald Sutherland (keifers dad for all you younger viewers)

I doubt he will tbh, in part because he is white. Also, he’s an established and successful coach in the league (think Bill Belichick level success, but much more endeared by the public and press) as opposed to a mere player, he’s an coach/mentor to young black men rather than being a young black man, and the NBA is generally seen as a more inclusive and progressive organisation than the NFL. These reasons are likely to be behind a different reaction to kaepernick (I think it’s despicable that either of them needed to say it in the first place).

The American psyche is warped by racism, often the same thing being said by different people is met with wholly differing reactions there.