hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do they do that at every single game? Last one I recall from a hibs fan was actually to Darren MacGregor when he was at the Huns.

It’s irrelevant anyway, nobody is trying to say they are a likeable club with classy fans. Only that they skelped Celtic and deserved it today. Best team in the league against what is (in my eyes) it was one of the worst, which makes it all the more surprising!

What I did find strange was there wasn’t much atmosphere or noise going by the tv, considering what Hearts were doing to them? Was all pretty quiet once Hearts took the lead and Celtic stopped singing about joining the ira.
    You are right about the atmosphere 100%

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    Great for hearts they where excellent. I'm also hoping in will quieten some of our support down. I hate going into derbys all cocky and confident. It's when we normally fall flat on our faces
    Totally agree - their result today will be great for removing/diluting the 'cockiness' element from our support but at the same time, they'll be back to believing that they only just need to turn up ...................

F*** the hearts always and forever. Someone had to do it sometime but I get no pleasure from the fact it was them. In fact I'd probably prefer it if the huns had ended the run. Anyway in terms of the game I thought Celtic were absolutely stinking and it's the worst I've seen them play since the TM days at least. Sinclair was horrendous up front, Mcgregor was useless in the middle and as for the defence... sheep are only 2 points behind them now I think, crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Ok, but defo every time we play them there. Plus pitch invasions. Detestible bunch of cretins in my opinion (and i know all teams have them) but they have more than most bar sevco

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Haha again, were probably not in a position to talk about pitch invasions :) but I agree with your sentiments.. although I include Celtic in the “bar sevco” part... which is probably why we feel slightly different about today haha!

Let them get above themselves and roll on next week!

First Team Breakthrough WWFTWTG's Avatar
    Close this thread - a despicable institution who fails to pay their own players, have seen off the working people by not paying huge tax bills, left numerous small businesses high and dry and ripped the pish out of the NHS and various charities including the poppy fund deserve no credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    Great for hearts they where excellent. I'm also hoping in will quieten some of our support down. I hate going into derbys all cocky and confident. It's when we normally fall flat on our faces
    Well we won't be overconfident now but you can safely bet they'll be predicting 4 or 5 nil wins for them like they were for the Scottish Cup in February after they just beaten Rangers 4-1 and Motherwell 3-0. We all know how that turned out.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Well we won't be overconfident now but you can safely bet they'll be predicting 4 or 5 nil wins for them like they were for the Scottish Cup in February after they just beaten Rangers 4-1 and Motherwell 3-0. We all know how that turned out.
    This is my only glimpse of light in an otherwise gloomy weekend.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    One things for sure, we seen today exactly how they will play against us. I’m sure Lennon and co will have taken note. The Jambos were excellent today and will be shocked if they match that performance again this season.

Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post
    after the derby we were 11 points clear of hearts, its now 3. Bloody hell.
    Was it not just 2? Shows what happens if you win 3 on the bounce

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Fluke result.

F*** the hertz.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Hearts got all the luck that we didn’t last week but that’s football.

Both results this weekend will change the attitudes that both clubs will be going into the Derby, that’s for sure. Hopefully for the better from a Hibs point of view.

Bring it on.

P.S give Hearts zero credit for anything. They caught Celtic on an off day.

****** the Hearts.

@hibs.net private member
    Just saw the highlights on Sportscene. Yams got their tactics spot on for the game. Shock results like this one happen now and again, which is what makes football the game it is.
    I've every confidence that Neil Lennon will study all aspects of this match and will formulate a game plan to nullify the Yam threat. First of all though, let's concentrate on getting the better of Ross County.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I have no problem acknowledging a terrific result for Hearts. To beaten a team 69 unbeaten 4-0 is a great result; all the more so given their poor form this season. They've improved in recent games, and today's result will fill them with confidence. The derby will be some game.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Didn't see the game but that's a terrific result for Hearts.

Levein says he wants to get rid of several in Jan because they are lacking in quality. This is backed up by the likes of Cowie saying they are playing to stay in a job. Cowie and the rest work twice as hard as normal on the pitch. Dilemma for Levein is now which ones to get rid of. Any he was going to get rid of but now keeps will be sh*te again by 1st Feb.

Left by mutual consent!
    Credit where it's due but let's be honest, it WAS just 'one of those games' - an example being Laughatme's goal, it bounces FOUR times before it eventually trundles over the line ?. Player-for-player we've still got the far better team and this will be shown to be the case when we play them !

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Credit where it's due but let's be honest, it WAS just 'one of those games' - an example being Laughatme's goal, it bounces FOUR times before it eventually trundles over the line ?. Player-for-player we've still got the far better team and this will be shown to be the case when we play them !
    It’s not true though, is it? Our players have been hyped up something huge on here, but have they did enough to show that? I’d say no.

Hearts are organised as well. We are not. There’ll need to be a huge huge improvement from us compared to the past month or so if we are to get anything from the derby.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    It’s not true though, is it? Our players have been hyped up something huge on here, but have they did enough to show that? I’d say no.

Hearts are organised as well. We are not. There’ll need to be a huge huge improvement from us compared to the past month or so if we are to get anything from the derby.
    Huge improvement on saturday I dont think you'll find anyone not agreeing with however not based on what has gone before that game

some games - notably Hearts, Rangers and Celtic - we seem to be right up for and well organized - not so much Aberdeen and the rest

We'll done, I think I disagreed with every single word of that

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar

Funny how all my jambo mates thought hearts had been dire up to yesterday. You must know better though somehow.

Left by mutual consent!

Sorry but I honestly wouldn't take one single player from Hearts - Walker at a push but even then he'd be on the bench and only used if it was 0-0 and 20 mins to go so we're guaranteed a penalty !!

The pink rats are gash, period, they only raise their game against teams in green and white...fact.

Play like we did against Rangers last week and we'll hump Hearts by at least two goals.

Yams have played their best game of the season - that's it over. Peaked 10 days too early. Potter lucked out and is incapable to squeezing another performance out of that bunch, they are a poor squad of players.

Potter v Lennon, seriously