hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Dare I say that if we approach the derby game in the way that Celtc did today we will get the same.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dare I say that if we approach the derby game in the way that Celtc did today we will get the same.
    Yes. Can’t play football on that tattie field.

Left by mutual consent!
    **** the hearts and the deluded trumpets that follow them. Today is a wake up call for us though. Turning up for the will lead to being turned over.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    One team played decent football the day and fought for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by coldingham hibs View Post
    Not sure what all the hype is about that Hearts performance. I didn’t see anything magical, long ball, crap pitch and Celtic Centre halfs having a shocker. Hearts closed down well but I don’t recall them stringing any passing moves together. The state of the pitch totally suited Hearts long ball not Celtic’s passing game.
    I don’t think anyone seen anything magical. But they did just hammer Celtic 4-0 to end their unbeaten run, and it was completely deserved. I’d rather it wasn’t them enjoying it but I’m certainly not sorry the ****tic run is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    One team played decent football the day and fought for everything.
    I’ll give you flight for everything but decent football? Come on it was hardly silky stuff.

Down to three points. We should be well clear of these ****ers

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    I don’t think anyone seen anything magical. But they did just hammer Celtic 4-0 to end their unbeaten run, and it was completely deserved. I’d rather it wasn’t them enjoying it but I’m certainly not sorry the ****tic run is over.
    Who actually cares about Celtics run? Fact is they have momentum now and we are struggling. They also had half their team missing. No more excuses or "oh well wanted Celtic to lose anyway" I don't want Hearts to win a game if tiddlywinks in their library never mind horse the champions 4-0 two weeks before a Derby.

Left by mutual consent!
    I’ll give you flight for everything but decent football? Come on it was hardly silky stuff.
    It was a million times better than we've performed recently. Against Celtic we could have been well down and we couldn't break a *****y hun side down when it mattered. If we won today and that manner it would be heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    I'd also say though that if we approach the derby game the way Hearts approached that game today then we'll murder them.

Celtic have been given far too much respect for far too long. Fair play to Hearts for showing them none and getting exactly what they deserved.

The Celtic defence is ropey but nobody has had the balls to put them under pressure.

Shame nobody did it sooner.

Which gives us a problem, because when you cant play through the midfield you need a big target man to lump the ball up to allowing your forward players to pick up the pieces .... guess who that hands the initiative to.

The Sportsound commentators made big play of the fact that players kept slipping and it was hard to pass and control the ball ..... the first thing Hibs need to do is send a guy round to Sports Direct and buy 16 pairs of boots with the longest studs we can legally get away with, I'm not even kidding.

Hertz wouldnae get credit at a local newsagents.

It was a million times better than we've performed recently. Against Celtic we could have been well down and we couldn't break a *****y hun side down when it mattered. If we won today and that manner it would be heaven.
    Point still stands it wasnt decent football and my original point was you would struggle to play decent on that pitch. Winning football is another matter.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    So they stop Celtic getting the magic number 70 . No such luck in a certain new year derby .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Well done but they are acting like hey have won a cup.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Wish it had been us last week but Hearts were excellent today. Good we're seeing this before the derby.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Gutted.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    I see nothing wrong in acknowledging a good result - even if it was them.

They will also - as is their usual patter - see themselves as stick on favourites for the derby. Lets hope they stick to that and we sort them out.

Mind you, we need a confidence booster at the County match on saturday first.......

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Which gives us a problem, because when you cant play through the midfield you need a big target man to lump the ball up to allowing your forward players to pick up the pieces .... guess who that hands the initiative to.

The Sportsound commentators made big play of the fact that players kept slipping and it was hard to pass and control the ball ..... the first thing Hibs need to do is send a guy round to Sports Direct and buy 16 pairs of boots with the longest studs we can legally get away with, I'm not even kidding.
    Grant Holt had his best games for us against them last year, probably not a coincidence.

I do think it might be the kind of game for Simon Murray and Martin Boyle. Knock the ball over the top of them and have them turn. Murray and Boyle will have their defence having kittens in possession.

Bartley and McGinn have more than enough about them to dominate that midfield.

And I'd have Ambrose nowhere near this game. He can gtf if he thinks he's getting a chance to get up to his tricks on that pitch against that mob. McGregor and Hanlon can play at the back, if we need 3 CBs then Porteous can come in. Hearts have shown than young players can step up in big games if needed.

Am I the only one that isn't worried about the derby? We've had a bad week, they've had a big result, we still have a far stronger squad and better manager.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post

Noticed the slipping players mostly wore green?

You would think in the warm up they would have noticed that they needed long studs!

But the main criteria for the pitch is the same for both teams, so hardly can be used as an excuse????

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Great for the Scottish game, ****ing embarrassing they went that long unbeaten.
    That’s the way I see it as well, although like most on here I’d rather they lost and chose to play poorly against someone else. Celtic deserve credit as well for going that long unbeaten, it’s an achievement even with the huge advantage in finances.

I thought hearts played well in a very Hearts way. They pressed well, played long ball and bullied Celtic (not easy) rather than playing silky football. Fair play, it worked and they have limited options.

First time in ages I’ve had concerns going in to a derby, although if we turn up I think we’ll beat them.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    They shouldn't get any credit from anybody ever again.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    They shouldn't get any credit from anybody ever again.

It's a risky business giving those debt-dodging *******s credit

Hearts were by far the better team and fully deserved their win. Yes, the pitch is a tattie field but it was the same last season when we drew with them in the cup so I'm no sure why that's a surprise. With a couple of notable exceptions in my lifetime (7-0 & 3-0) we've always found it hard to win at Tynie, regardless of which team is in the ascendancy, so the boundless optimism that some Hibbies seemed to possess for the 27th was difficult to understand. We could still win - equally so could they. That would've been the case regardless of this weekend's results. Now, however, they have the burden of expectation. We need to concentrate on besting Ross County, and then the derby will take care of itself. Lennon will have the team upfurrit.

Match was a lucky dip due to the surface. Anything could have happened and did.

I never watched the game but lets be honest; anything which catapults Levein and his way of playing football into some sort of pedestal is bad for the game in this country. The collective Sportsound masturbation over Levein the Sudden Tactical Genius is totally predictable because he's part of the clique. He's a dinosaur, one amazing result changes nothing.

Losing to hearts?

Sorry, I don’t understand this concept. It’s just not something we do any more.

@hibs.net private member
    Hopefully that will stop some of the talk on here about us beating them by 3-4 goals.

They are now 3 points behind us. We're playing them at Tynecastle and as much as I hate Levein, he's made them hard to beat.

We have nothing to fear but cannot expect to get away with anything other than a top performance.

First goal will be crucial. If we fall behind then it'll be very hard to turn things around.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    lol

The day i give they cheating ****s an ounce of credit i'l call it a day

Credit where its due , Meh

Wait a minute here ...... all of a sudden a fantastic fightback from 2 - 0 down to a Celtic team nobody had overturned a 2 goal deficit against in who knows how long and what was a very very good performance against the Huns, irrespective of the score at full time, become irrelevant because we have a totally out of character ( even Hamilton at home wasn't as bad ) meltdown at Pittodrie, a ground where Hibs points are as rare as hen's teeth and because Hearts have managed a result which flies in the face of their bang average season up until now. Chuck in the fact that we have won at Ibrox and drawn at Parkhead with as far as I can see more or less the same players as we had at Pittodrie as well

Now because of the events of one weekend we are suddenly a **** team and no match for the Gorgie Galacticos ...... Nobody is pretending that if the Yams performance today and Hibs performance yesterday gets replicated at Tynecastle we wont get our arse handed to us, but FFS I would need to see the same performances from both clubs replicated at Easter Road and McDiarmid Park next weekend before I start chucking the towel in before we even kick off against the Yams.

And on that note, I'm not going to turn a blind eye to the fact that Hibs have proved they are capable of far far better performances than yesterday and pick holes in two good performances prior to this Saturday just because Celtic have capitulated to a team absolutely everything went right for on a postage stamp pitch its difficult for passing teams to play on ...... not my comments but that of the Sportsound commentators at the match.

We will face the same conditions next week, but no two games are ever alike and even though there is no doubt this weekend will galvanise them and put us on a bit of a downer I'm not convinced we are that bad and they are that good just yet.