hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!

Players heaped huge pressure on themselves now

With Celtic deciding not to turn up like us and Hearts looking likely to get another win, we are stuttering to a halt. People saying yesterday was a freak result, I'd ask them to check our results for the last 6. We've been really quite poor for a while. We are starting to look like a John Hughes team, plenty possession, some nice passing but ultimately going nowhere.

If we lose next week, the Derby is going to be massive. Even if we win next week, the pressure is on!

I personally think we'll finish 6th. I really wish there was someone who would genuinely invest in Hibs as you can see the solidity and calibre of player Aberdeen have all over their park and on the bench. They've got about 4 strikers and have a genuine nuisance in Rooney who starts most games.

2. Log in to remove the advert

So, Celtic getting pumped means we're stuttering to a halt, we've just played the top 3 in the space of a week, calm down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With Celtic deciding not to turn up like us and Hearts looking likely to get another win, we are stuttering to a halt. People saying yesterday was a freak result, I'd ask them to check our results for the last 6. We've been really quite poor for a while. We are starting to look like a John Hughes team, plenty possession, some nice passing but ultimately going nowhere.

If we lose next week, the Derby is going to be massive. Even if we win next week, the pressure is on!

I personally think we'll finish 6th. I really wish there was someone who would genuinely invest in Hibs as you can see the solidity and calibre of player Aberdeen have all over their park and on the bench. They've got about 4 strikers and have a genuine nuisance in Rooney who starts most games.
    Honestly mate. That post is so knee jerk and quite embarrassing. We were brilliant against the old firm but had a bad day at Aberdeen. Calm down and keep the faith.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    I'm not that pessimistic yet, but if it does happen, we do have previous for collapsing about this time of year, looking forward to seeing how the manager and players react after yesterday. We'll learn a lot about them as a group in the coming few weeks.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Great thread

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    The Hearts result today is going to make folk panic on here even more. Calm down.

Also, why are folk so determined to randomly look at the last 6 games?

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

It's not a case of Celtic not turning up, it's Hearts who had a game plan and have played it to perfection, better team by a mile today due to the massive effort, energy and purpose they have displayed.Well beaten by a better team on the day.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    The only one heaping pressure on anyone is some of the supporters with their knee jerk reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    The Hearts result today is going to make folk panic on here even more. Calm down.

Also, why are folk so determined to randomly look at the last 6 games?
    It’s current form m8.. it’s relevant.. if we play like we did yesterday and they play like they did today it won’t be pretty.. huge wake up call needed.. only 3 points seperate us.

Left by mutual consent!
    Derby is a different game

The Celtic were due a doing. They have been mince all season

This is a bit embarrassing...Hearts winning today has no bearing on our last few results. Yes it's disappointing we've shipped an 11 point lead over them to 3...but all is not lost. This team has proven time and again it can bounce back so let's give the manager's and the players a chance Ah?? Unlike some on here...I was never as convinced as some that hearts were that bad...and the derbies were always going to be tough anyway...but we've shown we have what it takes in these fixtures before

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If we go back to our game against Celtic they scored after a shot hit the post and unlike ours against Rangers fell helpfully and with a deflection.Marciano had about one good save like the Hearts goalie today.It was always going to be a tough Derby so this changes nothing.

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by murray26 View Post
    if we play like we did yesterday and they play like they did today it won’t be pretty
    If we play like we did on Wed, and they play like they did today, we will win.

It's all about perspective. Why focus on an off day at Pittodrie, rather than take heart from the many games this season in which we have looked good.

Yes, we are capable of being awful, but we are just as likely to be phenomenal.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Well .... if there's one thing we can take out of this weekend its that complacency wont be a factor on the 27th.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Well .... if there's one thing we can take out of this weekend its that complacency wont be a factor on the 27th.
    Exactly. Just concentrate on playing our game. We have the better players. They need to perform.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    We played well against the old firm and got 1 point. Fair enough we were robbed against Rangers but argument sake we probably did the same to Celtic (didn't really deserve a point). Against Aberdeen we were totally outplayed.

Lets be honest, most of our wins have been close (scoreline wise). We've outplayed quite a few teams but still the scoreline could go either way. When we don't play well we almost always lose, and quite commonly by a handsome margin.

The problem is really - we play well and can narrowly win games if everything goes the correct way or if something doesn't quite go right we generally draw or can even lose. Other teams in this league however, play well and win almost 9/10, even while playing horrendously poor they can still win. My concern is this team are better at getting draws in tight games but ultimately I don't think are better at getting 3 points in tight games. Our record shows that we are due for a 5th-6th place finish. I point to our last 6 games because - win 2-1 against Dundee, lose 1-2 to St Johnstone, draw against Hamilton, win narrowly against Partick, draw against Celtic, lose 1-2 against Rangers, thrashed 4-1 by Aberdeen. I don't see any 3-0 to Hibs in that run and lets be honest apart from having more possession, ignoring the Old Firm matches, we didn't dominate territory and have 30 shots a match from close range.

We had a fairly solid defence towards the start of the season that is starting to become a shambles, and all season long we've struggled to score goals.

Mobility in the centre of midfield is a problem, that was evident against Aberdeen. Shinnie, McLean, Christie are more mobile than McGinn, McGeouch and Bartley. Defence is horrendous now and we haven't been scoring many goals. Its a recipe for disaster.

I support the team but lets not blindly ignore the fact that we aren't that good. I hope Lennon shuts up about "2nd best team in the country" rubbish and improves this team. Possession doesn't win matches and our football hasn't been that great. You'd think we were Manchester City-esque...

Not being a bedwetter, being a realist. I'd be happy with 5th-6th this season but lets not continue to kid ourselves...we aren't very good. We've got two Lithuanian internationalists sitting on the bench and one is rumoured to be getting kicked in the January window. Recruitment has been disastrous this year so far.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    I'm looking forward to Ross County. This team have bounced back before.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    I'm looking forward to Ross County. This team have bounced back before.
    Looking for a big reaction on saturday, I've got every faith that we'll get one too.

Calm doon son. You never thought we were maybe punching a bit too high and Aberdeen just gave us a reality check.

Were u at the rangers game??

Apart from two defensive mistakes we were excellent.

We create loads of chances and if we had a striker that could take them we would be fine.

Keep the faith and don’t panic

First Team Regular
    Remember when Hearts played Motherwell last wk . 1 shot on target . We’ll be fine .

We played well against the old firm and got 1 point. Fair enough we were robbed against Rangers but argument sake we probably did the same to Celtic (didn't really deserve a point). Against Aberdeen we were totally outplayed.

Lets be honest, most of our wins have been close (scoreline wise). We've outplayed quite a few teams but still the scoreline could go either way. When we don't play well we almost always lose, and quite commonly by a handsome margin.

The problem is really - we play well and can narrowly win games if everything goes the correct way or if something doesn't quite go right we generally draw or can even lose. Other teams in this league however, play well and win almost 9/10, even while playing horrendously poor they can still win. My concern is this team are better at getting draws in tight games but ultimately I don't think are better at getting 3 points in tight games. Our record shows that we are due for a 5th-6th place finish. I point to our last 6 games because - win 2-1 against Dundee, lose 1-2 to St Johnstone, draw against Hamilton, win narrowly against Partick, draw against Celtic, lose 1-2 against Rangers, thrashed 4-1 by Aberdeen. I don't see any 3-0 to Hibs in that run and lets be honest apart from having more possession, ignoring the Old Firm matches, we didn't dominate territory and have 30 shots a match from close range.

We had a fairly solid defence towards the start of the season that is starting to become a shambles, and all season long we've struggled to score goals.

Mobility in the centre of midfield is a problem, that was evident against Aberdeen. Shinnie, McLean, Christie are more mobile than McGinn, McGeouch and Bartley. Defence is horrendous now and we haven't been scoring many goals. Its a recipe for disaster.

I support the team but lets not blindly ignore the fact that we aren't that good. I hope Lennon shuts up about "2nd best team in the country" rubbish and improves this team. Possession doesn't win matches and our football hasn't been that great. You'd think we were Manchester City-esque...

Not being a bedwetter, being a realist. I'd be happy with 5th-6th this season but lets not continue to kid ourselves...we aren't very good. We've got two Lithuanian internationalists sitting on the bench and one is rumoured to be getting kicked in the January window. Recruitment has been disastrous this year so far.
    I think you need to stop slating this team.

Aren’t very good you say???

How many hibs teams have you seen son??

I remember all the really rubbish teams. With crowds of 4-5k

This is a good team, enjoy it. A couple of recruits in January and we are bang in there.

Testimonial Due

Good analogy of our team, yet we seem to always get more possession in games but don't appear to be able to turn it into straight wins?

Today's Hetz game, Celtic had more possession and more shots, but were beaten by finishing, putting the ball in the net!

Our main problem is getting our midfield to add goals to their game, and help take the pressure off the strikers!!!

Testimonial Due

The derby is massive regardless of upcoming results,never ever show fear playing that ****in shower of utter *****... FFS grow a set it's not Barcelona were playing it's ****ty HMFC.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty

Shiiiiiiiiite

First Team Regular
    Remember when Hearts played Motherwell last wk . 1 shot on target . We’ll be fine .

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I wonder if Celtc fans are now petrified of playing rangers. After all they drew with us and got turned over today. They're obviously **** now, like us apparently

Mind Hearts skelped The Rangers 4-0, did that make them a good team? Listen Celtic were due that simple as that, Hearts don’t lose many goals but I still think they’ll finish 6th at best. Saints away us and Dons away is tough.

More accurately, the fans can heap huge pressure on the players; or, alternatively, we can get right behind them next Saturday, hope we get the 3 points then start preparing for a derby that we could win, lose, or draw - and all 3 outcomes would've been possible regardless of this weekend's results.

Left by mutual consent!

Nonsense. The overwhelming consensus in the summer was that we'd recruited better than ever before. Compare the sort of players we're bringing in now with the here today gone tomorrow signings made by Calderwood, Fenlon and Butcher. It's night and day.
    Last edited by G B Young; 17-12-2017 at 02:52 PM.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Ultimately I think that, if you look at our last 19 and a half games (some of which have been undeniably played at ER) and factor in how many of our players have been late for training and the fact that STF never wears a Hibs tie to the AGM....

THEN you look at the fact that we’re so desperate to take the piss out of Hearts that we’re shocked when they put a run of results together...

With those findings in mind, it’s hard to escape the outcome that unless we score more goals than Hearts when we play them, we’re going to stutter to a halt as far as getting three points in the league that day or progressing in the cup this season are concerned. There’s just no other way to look at it, however you look at it.

Bury your heads in the sand if you must happy clappers, but these are the hard cold inconvenient facts of the matter that can’t be ignored.