hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lennon Says........

Hibernian manager Neil Lennon: "I've seen a lot of things in football but I haven't seen a turnaround in all round performance in such a short space of time. Congratulations to Aberdeen - they wanted to put a message out there that they are the second best team.

"We have to accept that and we were well beaten. They were the hungrier team, more motivated and wanted it more. The earned the right to play and did everything far better from my team today.

"My players were abject, they gave up, they lacked character, quality, physical and emotional strength - that's a hard lesson to learn. I could've made 11 substitutions at half-time.

"We were so abject Cowdenbeath would've beaten us today, comfortably."

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hard to disagree with any of what Neil says.

@hibs.net private member
    Well said Neil and I'm pleased he didn't try to cover for the players.

Also glad he was honest and gave credit to Aberdeen.

Harsh on Cowden though.

Well said. Honest as you could get!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Harsh on Cowden though.
    Haha I thought that too!

Honest and we need a response.. Hearts are the team we’re competing with this season not Aberdeen/ Sevco.. we need to get over this quickly..

Bedwetter.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Bedwetter.
    Nice one

Neil Lennon feels the same as we supporters and I guarantee that he has laid into the shambles that represented our club at Pittodrie earlier today.
    His public lambasting will only be a diluted version of what he said behind closed doors.
    I for one am so glad to have this "winner" at the helm.
    Under his management I feel confident that the current deficiencies will be addressed as this entertaining first season back in the SPL progresses.

@hibs.net private member
    The manager was spot on as usual

Spot on Neil. The thing I really like about this is that he's been honest, said appropriate comments about Aberdeen and has shown that he can sort the team out. We've heard previous managers lambast our players when they didn't need it, be nice to them when they didn't need it, or get it spot on but you just knew that they didn't have the ability or standing to sort it out.

Neil does.

Neil will.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    "We were so abject Cowdenbeath under 12s would've beaten us today, comfortably."

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    One of Lennon's best qualities is that's he's honest. He praises the team when deserved and he's putting the boot in today because it was deserved.

Shame lennon said we were playing 2nd best football in country before the game. Gave Aberdeen extra incentive to prove him wrong.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    Shame lennon said we were playing 2nd best football in country before the game. Gave Aberdeen extra incentive to prove him wrong.
    Just wait until we get Cowdenbeath in the Cup

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by murray26 View Post
    Honest and we need a response.. Hearts are the team we’re competing with this season not Aberdeen/ Sevco.. we need to get over this quickly..
    Ahhh I love that never say die spirit!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    We probably where in our two games before this one.

Quote Originally Posted by madabouthibs View Post
    We probably where in our two games before this one.
    For 75 mins we were poor against Celtic

Celtic are a league above everyone so any result regardless of performance is a plus, we dominated Rangers but didn’t win so we were all feeling pretty good. Aberdeen laid down a marker today so fair play to them. We will learn a lot from today, main point being that the players chucked it today and that’s something I never expected from this current squad and not something I expect to see again as long as Lennon is in charge.

I trust Neil Lennon to give them the boot up the backside that today warranted, still a great bunch of lads but they need a reminder of what’s acceptable.

We started so well, sadly it didn't end that way. It would have been far better for Celtic to hump us and for us to take a point against huns/dons.

Let's hope we kick on from here.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Decent read, looking forward to seeing what we do to remedy the situation.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Obviously, as manager Neil Lennon feels he has no responsibility for what happened on the park today.

We had 2 massive games and I’m actually not surprised we were poor today. Lennon is spot on but it’s really the second terrible performance this season. Learn from it and move on.

Fairly obviously, the 2nd to last paragraph could apply to him as well, as these are his players and the ultimate responsibility rests with him.

7 points at least from the next 3 games should be the aim IMO

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengeich View Post
    Obviously, as manager Neil Lennon feels he has no responsibility for what happened on the park today.
    Yep. Regardless of change of shape and personell the ram Huns ragged, the changes are made and we get pumped, he sees them in training and thought Stokes and Shaw where the Guys to drop. If players are tired he would have known, why drop a lazy stokes for a shattered player according to some on here. Managers fault completely today and the deflection is probably due to a lot of people on here saying it was our best team and shape before we got pumped. Yet still Steven Whittaker ended up the scapegoat whilst bombscare Effe at least he tried? Ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Yep. Regardless of change of shape and personell the ram Huns ragged, the changes are made and we get pumped, he sees them in training and thought Stokes and Shaw where the Guys to drop. If players are tired he would have known, why drop a lazy stokes for a shattered player according to some on here. Managers fault completely today and the deflection is probably due to a lot of people on here saying it was our best team and shape before we got pumped. Yet still Steven Whittaker ended up the scapegoat whilst bombscare Effe at least he tried? Ludicrous.
    You actually laying the blame at Lennon? How is he to know that all 11 players would all play poorly?

Quote Originally Posted by Boyle89 View Post
    You actually laying the blame at Lennon? How is he to know that all 11 players would all play poorly?
    Not laying the blame on him. Just questioning his attempt to distance himself from the players.

Quote Originally Posted by ballengeich View Post
    Not laying the blame on him. Just questioning his attempt to distance himself from the players.
    Did find it odd that he said its not a reflection on him. Wasnt really any need to say that. Maybe he was just so annoyed he wanted to make it clear he wont stand for performances like that. Theres not much he can do though when everyone plays so poorly and he makes the subs and they are just as bad. I thought the team selection was as good as we could possibly field so cant really blame him for that.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyle89 View Post
    He's partly to blame for how he set up the team and mde the changes. Of course.

You can't get scudded 4-1 going on 6 and not blame the manger, it's his call, his team. Lennon got it badly wrong in Aberdeen. I hope he learns and starts accepting more responsibility.