hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calm doon

Calm doon

There are some right ****ing bell ends on here . Hiding behind there phones and pc's typing absolute ***** . Remember we have just been promoted from the championship. One really bad result ..... Does my head in reading some of this nonsense that people write

2. Log in to remove the advert

You can only keep saying we’ve just been promoted for so long ......

Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True. But we can say it until next season.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    It’s true for this season though, as we have just been promoted. Aberdeen have been and still are the second best team in the country. We were brutal today and they punished us. We are a top six side at most this season.

Quote Originally Posted by PONGO View Post
    There are some right ****ing bell ends on here . Hiding behind there phones and pc's typing absolute ***** . Remember we have just been promoted from the championship. One really bad result ..... Does my head in reading some of this nonsense that people write
    My phone isn’t big enough to hide behind wish it was though!

We were very poor today but the drama queens need a word with themselves.

We wiped the floor with Rangers in midweek and should have won 4 or 5-2.

We do need some additions in next couple of weeks. But we have 2 games at home and a derby before a much needed break.

All to play for.

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post

We do need some additions in next couple of weeks. But we have 2 games at home and a derby before a much needed break.

All to play for.
    I still have no idea how The Rangers won that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I still have no idea how The Rangers won that game.
    They did though. How many points did we get for “battering Rangers”?

Well said Pongo. It's been said many times before but there is without doubt a number of posters on here who seem to be almost waiting for us to get beaten so they can spew their nonsense.

They did though. How many points did we get for “battering Rangers”?
    That was down to poor finishing and bad defending in a stupid 5 min spell. But Hibs did play very well I’m not going to be hard on them for being unlucky.

We have 1 win in 6 games. Regardless of opponents or what we 'should' have done that's a poor return. It includes 2 defeats at home and a doing of an Aberdeen team (who had also played midweek btw) that we are supposed to be challenging.

I've consistently said we aren't near the level some suggest and that goes back to before the season even started. The OTT stuff about how we 'have the beating of Celtic' and are definitely 'going to pump Rangers' are a huge part of the fuel to the fire of the negative reactions when things go wrong.

We are a decent side on our day but that's it really. We don't keep clean sheets and we don't take chances to kill teams off. Aberdeen consistently grind out points against teams below them which is why they are 9 points above us now and will probably end the season somewhere between that and 15 points ahead of us.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    A bad day. We need to cut out the mistakes and be a bit more clinical which is my main concern.

Blog Entries
    There’s a load of wind and pi$$ coming from diehards and dieeasies alike but that’s just a natural reaction to taking a thumping. At the end of the day it’s the effect it has on the players and how they react in the next match.

Folk getting so emotional. We're not going to win every week.

First Team Breakthrough kevo1875's Avatar
    I'm disappointed because I really believed we had moved on from performances like this.. Hopefully the boys will get back on track against Ross County

Left by mutual consent!
    Mate what are you talking about "hiding behind phones" lol shouldn't be so aggressive to your fellow Hibs fans. People are allowed to have an opinion and I think the people on here constantly saying "calm doon" as you have are the ones who talk a load of nonsense, I don't think that this result ends the season but I also think that we could be 2nd in the league right now if it weren't for the fact we've made key mistakes constantly throughout the first half of the season, we've given ourselves a mountain to climb in key games time and time again and we've dominated pretty much every team in this league at some point in the season and we have absolutely nothing to show for it.

We haven't been good enough, simple as that. People keep saying "we just got promoted" constantly like it actually makes a difference, we're Hibernian FC ffs. That name means something in Scottish football, we're better than the majority of the teams in the country and we're a much bigger club than the majority of the other teams in the country, fed up of seeing people using us being promoted last season as an excuse for not winning games we definitely should have won and I'm fed up of people starting arguments with each other over something so trivial. This is my first post on this site after being a member for quite a long time and I don't think Hibs fans should be arguing with each other over something so daft.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Deejk107 View Post
    Mate what are you talking about "hiding behind phones" lol shouldn't be so aggressive to your fellow Hibs fans. People are allowed to have an opinion and I think the people on here constantly saying "calm doon" as you have are the ones who talk a load of nonsense, I don't think that this result ends the season but I also think that we could be 2nd in the league right now if it weren't for the fact we've made key mistakes constantly throughout the first half of the season, we've given ourselves a mountain to climb in key games time and time again and we've dominated pretty much every team in this league at some point in the season and we have absolutely nothing to show for it.

We haven't been good enough, simple as that. People keep saying "we just got promoted" constantly like it actually makes a difference, we're Hibernian FC ffs. That name means something in Scottish football, we're better than the majority of the teams in the country and we're a much bigger club than the majority of the other teams in the country, fed up of seeing people using us being promoted last season as an excuse for not winning games we definitely should have won and I'm fed up of people starting arguments with each other over something so trivial. This is my first post on this site after being a member for quite a long time and I don't think Hibs fans should be arguing with each other over something so daft.
    Well said mate people put up opinions and posts for any fellow player to jump down there throat or get abusive is not on

Every now and again even the best teams put in an uncharacteristically poor performance.

We were awful today. We haven't been awful for a very long time.

I don't think we're far off being a very good side, but at the moment I don't think we are quite yet a very good side.

Players who were poor today will play well and win us important points over the next few weeks and over the course of this season.

This is where Lennon earns his corn. We can turn this into a full-blown crisis or we can dust ourselves down and win next week.

Aberdeen looked to be in crisis when they lost a couple of games to Rangers and looked to be losing their manager. Since then they've won three games.

Today was terrible but we need to put it behind us quickly. We've played some nice stuff in our previous couple of games for little reward.

As the thread title says - a lot of people need to calm doon.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Try and not be so emotive before posting. It was a very poor first half and the second half was a non event as a game. We need to be better and everyone at the club will know that, fans are passionate and will be disappointed at the result.

Although that doesn't excuse some of the fantasists bringing up players from bygone eras, how the team should have been set up and all the other hilarious, mad, knee jerk posts that come up after a defeat.

Looking for a big reaction for our next game.

@hibs.net private member
    We're sitting exactly where we should be if you look at budgets.

Anything above 4th would be great, anything below and I'd be disappointed.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    We’re not just any other team coming up from the Championship. That excuse is an absolute load of pish and totally irrelevant. We’ve won 1 in our last 6. Dress it up whatever way you want, tell yourself we’re just promoted and it’s fine. It’s not.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Bad day at the office today. Where are we as a team? Probably where the league shows us to be. Our expectations have been raised due to the way we have played but we do lack a cutting edge and our defence looks dodgy at times. To be honest we are a Louis Moult away from being at the very least as good as Aberdeen. I'm sure that in January, and the summer, Neil will strengthen the team and we will improve again. No need for panic and we just need to keep the heid and keep on supporting the team

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    We're sitting exactly where we should be if you look at budgets.

Anything above 4th would be great, anything below and I'd be disappointed.
    Correcto.
    We have the 4th best squad.
    The top 5 teams are all in the correct positions based on the combination of wealth and squad strength.

We lack a predative striker and lethal free kick taker.
    A team like Hibs never has all the pieces.

Wake up call again, as was the game we lost to Hamilton at home. We have some very good attributes as a team and some real weaknesses as a team. When we are poor and aberdeen are good we are very likely to get thumped. They are a good side and we have to be able to match them in effort which we did not do today.

All today really tells us, is that if we have aspiration of qualifying for Europe we have to strengthen the squad.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post

All to play for.
    Your right, how the same players can go from drawing aginst Cetic unlucky against Rangers, where we played them off the park to that display baffles me, getting beat is one thing but that looked as if they gave up. Strange.

Left by mutual consent!
    Aberdeen are a cut above Hibs at the moment. It's going to take time and some new recruits to even get close

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    The most brutal round of fixtures a team could get - Celtic, The Rangers and Aberdeen in mid-December within 7 days. We drew against Celtic and wiped the floor with Rangers. Today was a shocking result and performance, but no need for us to wet the bed just yet. Tough round of fixtures and will only get easier now. Dust ourselves down and move on.

By the way credit to the Dons some of their play today was fantastic and that’s why they are clearly the second best side in the country.

Hiding behind their computers? That is how a message board works mate. I'll happily give my thoughts in public if they are asked for, positive or negative, it isn't a big deal either way.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    By the way credit to the Dons some of their play today was fantastic and that’s why they are clearly the second best side in the country.
    Aye Mackay Steven was on form the day unfortunately for us, would have wiped the floor with the rangers if they played like that the other week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk