hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1 Point

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    some people have their heads well and truly in the sand. 1 point out of those 3 games and the manner of the defeat today are unacceptable. How long can the "first season back" excuse be used? We are now 5 months into the season ffs
    If we finish 4th and get into Europe then days like today will be quickly forgotten about. Majority at the start of the season said ‘top 6’, those expectations shouldn’t be revised mid-season. Sitting 4th is higher than expected an days like today will happen. We went 6 without winning in September and came back to go on a great run, this will happen. Yes today was poor, but last Sunday was exceptional, can’t slate one without going over the top the other way, or we could just be reasonable and understand we are doing very well generally.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    If we finish 4th and get into Europe then days like today will be quickly forgotten about. Majority at the start of the season said ‘top 6’, those expectations shouldn’t be revised mid-season. Sitting 4th is higher than expected an days like today will happen. We went 6 without winning in September and came back to go on a great run, this will happen. Yes today was poor, but last Sunday was exceptional, can’t slate one without going over the top the other way, or we could just be reasonable and understand we are doing very well generally.

When we went 6 without winning we didn't put in a gutless performance like today. By far the worst we've been since relegation. With the squad and the ability we have we should be finishing 4th, there are no one currently below us who should be finishing ahead of us this season. We aren't going to win every game but I expect more from a hibs team than to go down with a whimper to a side who are supposed to be one of our main rivals this season.

When we went 6 without winning we didn't put in a gutless performance like today. By far the worst we've been since relegation. With the squad and the ability we have we should be finishing 4th, there are no one currently below us who should be finishing ahead of us this season. We aren't going to win every game but I expect more from a hibs team than to go down with a whimper to a side who are supposed to be one of our main rivals this season.
    Agree it was a poor display but we are in the position you expect us to finish in and lost to one of the teams you expect us to finish behind so your point is?

Weren’t you at Hamilton at home??

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Agree it was a poor display but we are in the position you expect us to finish in and lost to one of the teams you expect us to finish behind so your point is?

We didn't just lose though, we got absolutely annihilated. There was no character from any single player today. Not one of them showed anything.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Weren’t you at Hamilton at home??

I was was and at least they tried to do the right things and had a poor day at the office, today wasn't a poor day at the office it was half hearted and extremely poor against one of the sides we should be comparing ourselves to

I was was and at least they tried to do the right things and had a poor day at the office, today wasn't a poor day at the office it was half hearted and extremely poor against one of the sides we should be comparing ourselves to
    I’m not going to compare us to a side that’s been built over the space of 5 years and has consistently challenged Celtic until last year, where they finished miles ahead of everyone else. We build to that point but we will have days like today, especially 2 and a half days after a very tough game at home on Wednesday which the players put everything into. I’ll wait and see how the boys react to today, rather than proclaim everything is doom and gloom because of a poor performance.

We didn't just lose though, we got absolutely annihilated. There was no character from any single player today. Not one of them showed anything.
    I agree with all that and it shouldn’t have happened.I’m just making the point that we are doing as well as you expect us to do.For me it was a pity that the Aberdeen game wasn’t the first of the three.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainstandman View Post
    Reality check you need. 2 league games against the teams above us. We're level with Celtic and Rangers lost 6 to Aberdeen. I think that's good a for a team just up. Mcinnes has had that team for a few years to get them were they are, we need Lennon to stay 5 years. We've lost the same number of games as rangers and Aberdeen.

Im enjoying the football just now. I've seen some dreadful stuff whilst standing on the east terrace before and this is good stuff now.
    Agree, we're in a decent place given we've just been promoted, but lets not play down the difficulty in maintaining the players motivation over a number of years when there is next to nothing to play for. Celtic have the league and most of the cups wrapped up. What Aberdeen and McIness are doing is exceptional. They had the foresight in 2012 to build an excellent squad, lived off one LC win in 20 odd years and yet are still pushing forward.

Yams got the "nearly out of business" kicker for a few years but that's run its course. They are now realising what it's like to live with their means, with a crap manager and a bunch of average players. The real test for Hibs will come next year and the year after that, when there is no "bounce back" and the euphoria of May 2016 is a distant memory. That will be a test of how good a manager/team we really have.

I didnae see the game, but it appears that the manner of the defeat is what has shocked people and is provoking understandably angry reactions such as yours. That it is so atypical of this Hibs team gives hope that it won't be repeated; a lack of fight is something Neil Lennon won't tolerate. There are obvious problems which have cost us points this season and which I'd imagine Lennon will attempt to rectify in the transfer window, but the team that showed v Celtic that they don't know when they're beaten is the one I expect to see next Saturday, irrespective of performance levels.

It was the manner of the defeat today which has angered many supporters. Somebody told me they looked totally disinterested. Why ffs?