hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 Point

First Team Regular ArmadaleHibs's Avatar

1 Point

So looks very much like one point from 3 teams above us. Play as much pretty football as you want but that just isn’t good enough. Severely lacking up front and calamitous at the back.

Dissspointed is an understatement

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by ArmadaleHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So looks very much like one point from 3 teams above us. Play as much pretty football as you want but that just isn’t good enough. Severely lacking up front and calamitous at the back.

Dissspointed is an understatement
    Away and talk *****.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Nae bother
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Away and lie doon man.

To be honest, two was my target over these three games.

Draw against sevco, draw against sheep and nothing off Celtic.

If we get nothing from today we need to move on and put the lesser teams away.

Some posters on here forget this is our 1st season back...top 2 or 3 was never realistic and some need to get real. If we finish top 4 I will be delighted. 3 games in 6 days against the top 3 is a tough ask for anyone and weds would have taken a lot out the team emotionally and physically. Overreaction central on here tho as per

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Some posters on here forget this is our 1st season back...top 2 or 3 was never realistic and some need to get real. If we finish top 4 I will be delighted. 3 games in 6 days against the top 3 is a tough ask for anyone and weds would have taken a lot out the team emotionally and physically. Overreaction central on here tho as per

I’m sorry but it’s not an over reaction. There’s no panic. Merely saying I don’t think it’s good enough. How dare I have an opinion

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    I’m sorry but it’s not an over reaction. There’s no panic. Merely saying I don’t think it’s good enough. How dare I have an opinion
    You’re basically suggesting a complete overhaul of our team. I would say that’s a slight overreaction especially within the context of our last 2 performances vs the OF.

I always find that chat bizarre. Have your opinion but if you choose to publicise it, prepare to be challenged or told you are talking utter pish.

It's an over reaction mate...we have no divine right to be expecting to beat the top 3 sides in the country. Had we won as we deserved too on weds it would have been 4 which would have been very decent.

If people think it’s an over reaction then that’s fine, and I’m more than happy to be slaughtered if that’s what people want to do. I see what I see and others see differently. I’m still of the opinion that it’s not good enough if we are to go by how good we’ve been according to some on here. We are currently 4 down to Aberdeen with nearly 25-30 minutes to go and we look woeful

A game too far I’m afraid. Doesn’t get tougher than the top 3 teams in one week. Or is this the start of the famous Hibs winter collapse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    You’re basically suggesting a complete overhaul of our team. I would say that’s a slight overreaction especially within the context of our last 2 performances vs the OF.
    When did he even hint at a complete overhaul? He’s said it’s not good enough, and it’s not. Do you think that some of the goals we’ve conceded haven’t been calamitous? Because they have. Do you think we’re lacking upfront? Because again, we are. We’ve conceded 8 goals in 3 games and picked up one point. It’s pish and suggesting as much is absolutely not an over reaction.

Left by mutual consent!
    Not sure what is wrong with the OP, it's spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    It has no recognition of how far we have come and highlights unrealistic expectations

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinho View Post
    It has no recognition of how far we have come and highlights unrealistic expectations
    Unrealistic expectations. Go to any other post on this sight and you will se unrealistic expectations. I honestly think the OP has been taking out of context by some. I expect us not to get hammered by Aberdeen and if that’s unrealistic then 👍🏻

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavinho View Post
    Expecting to pick up more than one point out of three big games, two of which were at home, and one of them against a time who don’t have a clue what’s happening with a manager is far from unrealistic expectations. And that’s before you even consider that we got absolutely skelped today. Have we really came that far? Since when? Butchers team? Maybe. Since last season? No we’ve not.

When did he say that.?

If you can't see how lacking we are up front and how that is becoming a worrying problem for us, that's fine. But the fact remains we are fast becoming easy to read going forward and have no presence up front.

3 of our last 4 goals have come from deflections - 2 of them from defenders.

@hibs.net private member
    We won't truly know that this result means IMO until the next 3 fixtures are over and we head into the winter break.

Oh and by the way, those last 2 performances against the old firm really weren't as good as you seem to be proclaiming.

Last 20 mins against Celtic we did well but were dominated the entire game before that.

Played well enough against Newco, but they let us basically Alamo them for 45 mins and we couldn't even get an equaliser. Not that great..

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Should have been 4 but there we have it. It’s now very important getting points from those below us.

We can turn in the performance, just need for all of our game to come together. It’s a bit like being solid from tee to green and then mucking up your putting. Once everything clicks, we’ll batter someone. Just like what Aberdeen done to us today.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    We won't truly know that this result means IMO until the next 3 fixtures are over and we head into the winter break.
    Exactly. Normally do well against the bigger clubs and collapse when least expected against garbage. We've got 3 garbage teams coming up next, let's see how Neil motivates them over next 10 days.

First Team Regular WillowbraeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    It is..

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    I love these threads after a poor result. We had a bad day at the office after a tough run of games. Do what different? Change the players or the manager? Use different players? Use different tactics? Lennon changed formation twice in the game to try and improve things. We are all disapointed today - apart from the trolls across the city. We are playing better fitter teams every game and learning every week. Relax, eat drink or whatever and the roll up next week for County.

Reality check you need. 2 league games against the teams above us. We're level with Celtic and Rangers lost 6 to Aberdeen. I think that's good a for a team just up. Mcinnes has had that team for a few years to get them were they are, we need Lennon to stay 5 years. We've lost the same number of games as rangers and Aberdeen.

Im enjoying the football just now. I've seen some dreadful stuff whilst standing on the east terrace before and this is good stuff now.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainstandman View Post
    Reality check you need. 2 league games against the teams above us. We're level with Celtic and Rangers lost 6 to Aberdeen. I think that's good a for a team just up. Mcinnes has had that team for a few years to get them were they are, we need Lennon to stay 5 years. We've lost the same number of games as rangers and Aberdeen.

Im enjoying the football just now. I've seen some dreadful stuff whilst standing on the east terrace before and this is good stuff now.
    100% agree

Quote Originally Posted by Mainstandman View Post

The games where we've been extremely poor and lost (Saints & Hamilton at home, and today) have a common theme - a usually reliable defence has had a nightmare, and that has coincided with an insipid attacking performance. However, the back four/three has generally been good, and our victories have been largely due to solid defending in tight games. Because we don't score enough goals,the defence can't get away with an off-day. Our strikers aren't prolific, and McGinn is the only midfielder who shoots; albeit, most of his attempts are pretty poor. I don't understand why a player as technically gifted as McGeouch doesn't possess the confidence to have a crack at goal from 20 yards. Until we start scoring more regularly, every defensive mistake is liable to lead to a loss of points.

some people have their heads well and truly in the sand. 1 point out of those 3 games and the manner of the defeat today are unacceptable. How long can the "first season back" excuse be used? We are now 5 months into the season ffs