hibs.net Messageboard

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    Just in... Wtf happened!!! Oh Jeez.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumHibs07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd rather my defenders don't constantly look like they are about to give away the ball, he's been lucky on several occasions this season and today got caught out.
    he has been good this season but was horrendous today, no point in making up stories

@hibs.net private member
    Just back to the hotel, spoke to good few dons fans in the pub and basically they thought today was a game to far for Hibs after the Old Firm. Most believe Hibs will bounce back and still challenge for second. They were impressed with size of the Hibs support and the green Santa hats. A few said that if they lost McInnes then they’d want Lennon but I told them he wouldn’t leave Hibs for them. Overall a crap game but a good city to visit

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I said before the game I wanted our recent league record against Aberdeen to change and it certainly has. It's now 9 games without a win against them and 8 without a goal.
    But Hibs are the second best team in the league are they not? Reality check today.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    What was that? What the hell was it? I travelled to Aberdeen for that. Unrecognisable form the team which played so well against Rangers just three days earlier. Shambolic performance. I went straight to bed when I got home, so I'm now awake bright and early. That was so bad.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Have to wonder about the schedule we were the only team that had two days between games.

hibs 3 games in 7 days
    dons/hearts/Dundee 3 in 9 days
    all the others 3 in 8 days

Maybe the first two games took a lot out of the team. Not an excuse it just bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Lennon should keep his thoughts to himself when talking about '2nd best team in country' and '2nd best footballing side' - that worked for Celtic when he was manager because he had an array of talent on the pitch and on the bench, and a squad with years of that hardened mentality. When you are trying to instil and ingrain that mentality (into Hibs) when we haven't had that for a good while, you have to be mindful that you are doing the opposition team talk for them if you aren't in a position to 'walk the talk'.

He did the Dons teamtalk yesterday as far as I'm concerned.

He's also now in a delicate position of administering tough love or giving them time off the clear heads and minds. I'd do the latter and give the lads a few days off, and get back to work Wednesday with full focus on 3 points v County. We are a good side, it's been a tough week mentally and physically and we will bounce back again I'm sure of it.

No disgrace losing to Aberdeen but not in the manner we did today - no leaders today, need a real captain in that side - haven't had one for a number of years.
    Totally agree.

Cmon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by plhibs View Post
    Have to wonder about the schedule we were the only team that had two days between games.

hibs 3 games in 7 days

Maybe the first two games took a lot out of the team. Not an excuse it just bothers me.
    It is a reason not an excuse.Probably as much mentally as physically.

First Team Regular
    Personally i dont think Bartley fits in to the team. I think he takes up space for McGeouch to get on the ball at times. I can see the use for him at times, but too ofte he also gets caught out of position for the role hes meant to do. I would like to see Slivka given a chance to give us another creative player infront of McGeouch to feed passes in to.

Another big problem for us is upfront, especially with Murray up top. We do not have a Striker with the presence or ability to take it in, hold the ball up and bring others in to play. Quite often when our midfielders such as McGeouch and McGinn have the ball there options of a pass are limited which slows them down and are sometimes caught in possession.

Aberdeen had options all over the park when they had the ball.

It was the wrong decision not to play Stokes. Whilst he has been far from his best so far, he at least has the ability to bring others in to play.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeDaz6270 View Post
    Personally i dont think Bartley fits in to the team. I think he takes up space for McGeouch to get on the ball at times. I can see the use for him at times, but too ofte he also gets caught out of position for the role hes meant to do. I would like to see Slivka given a chance to give us another creative player infront of McGeouch to feed passes in to.

Another big problem for us is upfront, especially with Murray up top. We do not have a Striker with the presence or ability to take it in, hold the ball up and bring others in to play. Quite often when our midfielders such as McGeouch and McGinn have the ball there options of a pass are limited which slows them down and are sometimes caught in possession.

Aberdeen had options all over the park when they had the ball.

It was the wrong decision not to play Stokes. Whilst he has been far from his best so far, he at least has the ability to bring others in to play.

Bartley often provides the balance needed to allow Dylan and SJM to play. OK didnt work yesterday but in big games of recent times it has. A midfield three of Slivka, SJM and Dylan is potentially very exciting but defensively weak, none of them can tackle leaving the the back four (or whatever) under pressure. I'd guess Marv has as many MOTM performances in the last year as anyone.
    Last edited by Lancs Harp; 17-12-2017 at 11:11 PM.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar

hibs 3 games in 7 days

The teams we played in those first two games got humped at the weekend as well. I wonder if we softened them up for those defeats
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member

hibs 3 games in 7 days

We had 3 games in 6 days. The third a lunchtime kick-off.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    We had 3 games in 6 days. The third a lunchtime kick-off.
    After the longest journey in the league.