hibs.net Messageboard

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do think the schedule needs to be taken into account no way should we be playing our 3 hardest games within 6 days. Aberdeen played on a Friday last week so had a big physical advantage.
    How could anyone tell for sure they would be the 3 hardest games before a ball was kicked. And to be fair, against the Huns it was pretty much our most dominant performance, just a crazy 5 minutes cost us.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Lennon should keep his thoughts to himself when talking about '2nd best team in country' and '2nd best footballing side' - that worked for Celtic when he was manager because he had an array of talent on the pitch and on the bench, and a squad with years of that hardened mentality. When you are trying to instil and ingrain that mentality (into Hibs) when we haven't had that for a good while, you have to be mindful that you are doing the opposition team talk for them if you aren't in a position to 'walk the talk'.

He did the Dons teamtalk yesterday as far as I'm concerned.

He's also now in a delicate position of administering tough love or giving them time off the clear heads and minds. I'd do the latter and give the lads a few days off, and get back to work Wednesday with full focus on 3 points v County. We are a good side, it's been a tough week mentally and physically and we will bounce back again I'm sure of it.

No disgrace losing to Aberdeen but not in the manner we did today - no leaders today, need a real captain in that side - haven't had one for a number of years.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    How could anyone tell for sure they would be the 3 hardest games before a ball was kicked. And to be fair, against the Huns it was pretty much our most dominant performance, just a crazy 5 minutes cost us.
    Who would you have said our 3 hardest games would be against ?

It was a really disappointing performance against a team that were comfortably beaten by Rangers twice in a week- the same Rangers that we shouldv'e hammered on Wednesday. We just have to pick ourselves up and start again. I have to agree with what some people have said on other threads, we definitely need another striker, a target man that the wingers can use to full advantage, but that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    Who would you have said our 3 hardest games would be against ?
    On paper Celtic Rangers and Hearts, Our hardest have been Aberdeen St Jonstone and Hamilton.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    On paper Celtic Rangers and Hearts, Our hardest have been Aberdeen St Jonstone and Hamilton.
    So at the start of the season you would have a Cathro led Hearts ahead of Aberdeen.....aye ok.

Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    So at the start of the season you would have a Cathro led Hearts ahead of Aberdeen.....aye ok.
    Aye ok

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    In pretty much every season, bar a hand full, in all my time watching Hibs Celtic, Aberdeen and the Hun would be the toughest 3 matches. Tough week for us, we need now to make sure we put away the teams at the other end of the table

Don’t think anyone could argue against this being the toughest seven days that any team in the league has had this season.Even so we should have beaten Rangers which would have given us a satisfactory four points.However our inability to put games to bed is costing us dear and has to be rectified.

Ambrose and McGregor are bombscares. Play 4 at the back with Hanlon and Porteous.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Don’t think anyone could argue against this being the toughest seven days that any team in the league has had this season.Even so we should have beaten Rangers which would have given us a satisfactory four points.However our inability to put games to bed is costing us dear and has to be rectified.
    I'd say it's the opposite that needs fixed - defensively we are poor and we need two new full backs who are strong, energetic and have pace. Conceding soft goals will be our undoing (and is at present).

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumHibs07 View Post
    Ambrose and McGregor are bombscares. Play 4 at the back with Hanlon and Porteous.
    sorry but what a lot of rubbish, ambrose has been possibly our best defender this season and mcregor is just coming back from a long injury

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Lennon should keep his thoughts to himself when talking about '2nd best team in country' and '2nd best footballing side' - that worked for Celtic when he was manager because he had an array of talent on the pitch and on the bench, and a squad with years of that hardened mentality. When you are trying to instil and ingrain that mentality (into Hibs) when we haven't had that for a good while, you have to be mindful that you are doing the opposition team talk for them if you aren't in a position to 'walk the talk'.

He did the Dons teamtalk yesterday as far as I'm concerned.

He's also now in a delicate position of administering tough love or giving them time off the clear heads and minds. I'd do the latter and give the lads a few days off, and get back to work Wednesday with full focus on 3 points v County. We are a good side, it's been a tough week mentally and physically and we will bounce back again I'm sure of it.

No disgrace losing to Aberdeen but not in the manner we did today - no leaders today, need a real captain in that side - haven't had one for a number of years.
    Hang on though, its not just NL opinion, Stephen Craigan on BT (who never praises us) said we were the most entertaining side outside of Celtic.

I think on our day we are decent, but need - dare I say it - a few solid pros to complement some of our flair players.

Today was a nightmare all over the pitch, it wont be often that happens.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Hang on though, its not just NL opinion, Stephen Craigan on BT (who never praises us) said we were the most entertaining side outside of Celtic.

I think on our day we are decent, but need - dare I say it - a few solid pros to complement some of our flair players.

Today was a nightmare all over the pitch, it wont be often that happens.
    I'd rather our manager doesn't say it so often and in the public domain and media - by all means say it in-house to build confidence but he set us up to have egg on our face today. As far as Craigan, he is a pundit and can say what he likes.

Like you say, and I agree, we are a very decent side and we will inevitably have an off day - performances like the Rangers game show we're not far away from being second best but we need a good, consistent season to build on - so if we get top 4 I'll be very happy indeed.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumHibs07 View Post
    I'd add the whole defence in there

It's pathetic at times. Look no further than the 'captain'

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post

another load of nonsense

Absolute pish. Paul Hanlon would walk into every team in Scotland except Celtic. He was not alone on Wednesday by having a daft 10 mins and it sounds like everyone today was poor. Hamlin is a consistently high or former for Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I'd say it's the opposite that needs fixed - defensively we are poor and we need two new full backs who are strong, energetic and have pace. Conceding soft goals will be our undoing (and is at present).
    In my opinion putting the game to bed also means defending a lead not necessarily adding to it

Hanlon was out best defender today. He didnt get skinned for a goal or get caught in possession which gave them a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    sorry but what a lot of rubbish, ambrose has been possibly our best defender this season and mcregor is just coming back from a long injury
    I'd rather my defenders don't constantly look like they are about to give away the ball, he's been lucky on several occasions this season and today got caught out.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Absolute pish. Paul Hanlon would walk into every team in Scotland except Celtic. He was not alone on Wednesday by having a daft 10 mins and it sounds like everyone today was poor. Hamlin is a consistently high or former for Hibs
    No he wouldn't.

Well where the hell did that performance come from?! Absolute shambles. Aberdeen are a good team but they didn't even need to be at their best today, we were simply dreadful.

Worst hibs performance for quite some time. Got off to a relatively decent start but after they scored the first it was like all the heads went down. Too many players hiding and looking uninterested today for some reason. Not the performance of a Lennon team and I fully expect that he is furious. The only one for me that would get even a slight pass mark would be Barker, he made some good runs and tried to create.

No need for a complete over reaction, it was a bad day at the office but lets just hope it was a one off. Hopefully it's a massive kick up the arse though.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    No he wouldn't.
    Aberdeen were sniffing around him in the summer. Yes he would.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

No he wouldn't.
    Aberdeen wanted to sign him, he is better and younger than Hughes at hearts, he is better than wilson at rangers. They are our main rivals so unless you think that there are players in the bottom half of the table who would keep him out of their teams, then aye he would!!

Absolutely nobody had a good game today. Our passing and movement were terrible, far too many static players with no movement in front of the ball either in midfield or up front. The number of times the ball was passed to a Hibs player with 3 or 4 Aberdeen players on him was bad enough, but if they had that number of players on a guy where the hell were the Hibs players exploiting the space they must have been leaving elsewhere on the pitch?

Aberdeen pressed really well, but we helped them by having McGinn and McGeouch playing like holding midfield players at times, not one of them managed to get into a forward position where they could damage them apart from McGinn's shot on half time .... it meant Aberdeen could have two guys on Boyle and Barker all the time and all their central players had to deal with was Murray, no wonder he was so ineffective when you allied it to his woeful ball control at times.

That was terrible and we have to find a way to put it behind us, because play like that in any game and we will lose.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Aberdeen were sniffing around him in the summer. Yes he would.
    But didn't sign him

Cannae be that good then

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    But didn't sign him

Cannae be that good then
    You're quite right, signing a player under contract is just like buying a tin of beans from a supermarket.

We told Aberdeen to bolt.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

He wouldn’t look out of place in the Celtic defence.Their Centre halves aren’t great.

No he wouldn't.
    No bother Gail.

But didn't sign him

Cannae be that good then
    He turned down Aberdeen.