hibs.net Messageboard

Hybrid View

Testimonial Due

New star wars film - the last jedi

Has anyone seen this?

The more i think about it, the more im not sure about it

I’m the same didn’t think much of the last one either but loved rogue one.

Testimonial Due RoslinInstHibby's Avatar
    really enjoyed it, took bold steps that could allow the movies to go on for years, however there was maybe 3 bits in it I REALLY didn't like.

Testimonial Due
    I enjoyed it, im just a bit scunnered about how much they are just re-hashing the story lines from the first three films.

Ive come to the conclusion that the new films will never be what i want them to be - christopher nolan esque reboots of the batman films, whixh i thought were great.

Ill still watch and enjoy the new films, but my enthusiasm has diminished hugely - maybe it is just an age thing!

Spoiler alert - it's Empire Strikes Back reboot. Well done though. In fact, the best Star Wars movie since Empire Strikes Back.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spoiler alert - it's Empire Strikes Back reboot. Well done though. In fact, the best Star Wars movie since Empire Strikes Back.
    Totally. It always concerned me that in enpire and the new one, the rebels attack the imperial walkers front on - im no clausewitz or patten, but surely if they flew around them and attacked from the rear,they might be more successful.

No wonder the rebels keep losing...

Sorry but that was ****ing ace. Loved it. Laura Dern was badly miscast, some of the cutie pie animals i could do without, but the best Star Wars since we were back in Hoth as others have said.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Sorry but that was ****ing ace. Loved it. Laura Dern was badly miscast, some of the cutie pie animals i could do without, but the best Star Wars since we were back in Hoth as others have said.
    Glad to hear. Hopefully this is the one to get me back onside.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Finally got round to seeing it last night, and totally agree. Absolutely tremendous and a fitting tribute to Carrie Fisher. Some of the new characters are truly excellent (Rey, Finn, Poe, Rose). The action scenes were great, the scenes with Rey and Luke were great and the last 5 minutes or so was incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    I enjoyed it, im just a bit scunnered about how much they are just re-hashing the story lines from the first three films.

Ive come to the conclusion that the new films will never be what i want them to be - christopher nolan esque reboots of the batman films, whixh i thought were great.

Ill still watch and enjoy the new films, but my enthusiasm has diminished hugely - maybe it is just an age thing!
    I'm the same. Not sure if nostalgia plays a part, but for me the original 3 are the best, even rotj.

The middle 3 were a joke and did a lot to put me off the franchise as a whole.

The last one was basically a rehash of new hope, and by the sounds of things this is similar to strikes back.

Maybe I am too old😢

I'm auld and grew up with the original trilogy.
    Went to see the latest instalment tonight and it was awesome.
    Makes me feel 7 again

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    I've now seen it twice, the first time I would have scored it 7 or 8 out of 10, now I'm at 6, some really good parts but there are some parts that really really bug me, in no way shape or form is it a remake of Empire (I wish they had just rehashed it), it's nowhere near in the same class

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    I've now seen it twice, the first time I would have scored it 7 or 8 out of 10, now I'm at 6, some really good parts but there are some parts that really really bug me, in no way shape or form is it a remake of Empire (I wish they had just rehashed it), it's nowhere near in the same class
    Yeah I'm in the same boat, certainly bears no comparison to Empire.

I did enjoy it but thought there were major story problems. Seems clear that they wrote The Force Awakens with no idea at the time what was to follow. I think JJ Abrams has admitted as much?

To me they have taken 2 of the major questions posed by that film and just decided to throw them away. One in particular doesn't make sense and I think people will feel a bit cheated by.

I'll wait a week or so before being specific incase anyone looks in this thread and sees spoilers inadvertently

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    It was okay without being brilliant.

More questions than answers with one pretty silly scene too.

6/10
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Would give it an 8 or 9. Really really enjoyed it and thought it made bold decisions that will pay off

I enjoyed it. Could probably nitpick parts here and there that I didn't like. Think it used to setup the future of the franchise more than anything.