hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

damaged seats in the away end

I spoke to someone today, who was working for HFC albeit on a lower level, ground clearance/minor maintenance etc but he tells me that they identified over 140 damaged seats in the lower level.This, before they had fully checked upstairs! . he also says that the club are now considering Legal action on this issue which may not be true. Nevertheless, if those figures are roughly true, it surely needs the SPFL should be involved.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I spoke to someone today, who was working for HFC albeit on a lower level, ground clearance/minor maintenance etc but he tells me that they identified over 140 damaged seats in the lower level.This, before they had fully checked upstairs! . he also says that the club are now considering Legal action on this issue which may not be true. Nevertheless, if those figures are roughly true, it surely needs the SPFL should be involved.
    Hibs will send the bill to Rangers
    Apparently Celtic fans caused a lot of damage as well.

I remember seeing Hibs fans trying to damage seats at Tincastle.
    Had to explain to the erses that Hibs would get the bill.
    Dense *******s

they may indeed send the bill, but he refered to Hibs actually involving lawyers in this situation. maybe they have never paid before?

Bloke behind me was going mental at his own seat in the east.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    they may indeed send the bill, but he refered to Hibs actually involving lawyers in this situation. maybe they have never paid before?
    When was the last time we played them before Wednesday ?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    Bloke behind me was going mental at his own seat in the east.
    Guy to the right off me was kicking ten bells of **** out of his seat. Some guys told him to calm the f@@k down and all he kept saying was I don’t give a f@@k. Just shows there’s idiots in all supports.

GGTTH

Coaching Staff
    The only thing your source was wrong about is the number of seats - it’s considerably more than 140 seats. Hibs security filmed the damage post game in presence of The Rangers security and the match delegate. But your man is bang on.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    Guy to the right off me was kicking ten bells of **** out of his seat. Some guys told him to calm the f@@k down and all he kept saying was I don’t give a f@@k. Just shows there’s idiots in all supports.

GGTTH
    Same happened at the Aberdeen game, some guy in the FF damaged his own seat and kicked off at the next game when it wasn't fixed.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Don't believe a word of the OP. If there had been damage at a football stadium in Scotland it would have been reported by national news media and quickly followed by a year-long police investigation.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Don't believe a word of the OP. If there had been damage at a football stadium in Scotland it would have been reported by national news media and quickly followed by a year-long police investigation.
    Agree I refuse to believe it until Keith Jackson has told me it happened and there is a double pager full of froth and disgust.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    The only thing your source was wrong about is the number of seats - it’s considerably more than 140 seats. Hibs security filmed the damage post game in presence of The Rangers security and the match delegate. But your man is bang on.
    If that's the damage caused when they win maybe just as well they didn't get beat. 😤

Saw bits of seat being thrown onto the pitch after their equaliser. Dirtbags.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    When was the last time we played them before Wednesday ?
    They were at Easter Rd six times 2014-2016. A fairly common occurrence.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Hibs will send the bill to Rangers
    Apparently Celtic fans caused a lot of damage as well.

I remember seeing Hibs fans trying to damage seats at Tincastle.
    Had to explain to the erses that Hibs would get the bill.
    Dense *******s
    Is that actually true though?

I was told Hibs and Hearts have an arrangement to pay for any damage themselves.I don't know about other visiting teams right enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post

I was told Hibs and Hearts have an arrangement to pay for any damage themselves.I don't know about other visiting teams right enough.
    This would seem like a mad way of dealing with it, suryit has to be on a game by game basis, for example of as receny we have got results at the.midden ..the damage would beess than if we lost and likewise if as recently if they lose at ER they will damage.more.seats.than if they get a result ...in every instance it needs.to be pay as you go after games.
    The.other.thing is are the seats not allocated to named individuals so clubs should bill the individuals and no paying.if the cost ban them, remove ST's ...for me its a petty childish reaction that needs sorted in a tough way !!

Don’t know why hibs haven’t released the pictures to the press like Motherwell did after Celtic damaged fir Park

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    This would seem like a mad way of dealing with it, suryit has to be on a game by game basis, for example of as receny we have got results at the.midden ..the damage would beess than if we lost and likewise if as recently if they lose at ER they will damage.more.seats.than if they get a result ...in every instance it needs.to be pay as you go after games.
    The.other.thing is are the seats not allocated to named individuals so clubs should bill the individuals and no paying.if the cost ban them, remove ST's ...for me its a petty childish reaction that needs sorted in a tough way !!
    I don’t know the details but was told by an official at Hibs that for the derby at least the home team pays for any damage. It sounds daft but i’d Imagine claims and counter claims might be more hassle and expensive but I don’t know if that’s the reason.

That's my understanding too.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCdeb View Post
    Saw bits of seat being thrown onto the pitch after their equaliser. Dirtbags.
    Yep think it was their second I seen one flying through the air above their own fans.

Add to that the bottle of buckfast thrown at us from them. Police actually refused to look round at it when challenged.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I always thought that the visiting team would make good any damage themselves - use their own contractors and what not rather than getting a bill from host club that could be disputed and argued over. Maybe picked it up wrong, but I always thought this sounded a fair arrangement.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I always thought that the visiting team would make good any damage themselves - use their own contractors and what not rather than getting a bill from host club that could be disputed and argued over. Maybe picked it up wrong, but I always thought this sounded a fair arrangement.
    Pretty sure we just bill them.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by chlub Hibernian View Post
    Same happened at the Aberdeen game, some guy in the FF damaged his own seat and kicked off at the next game when it wasn't fixed.
    LOL. #BrexitBritain

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    anyone that feels a need to kick/break seats maybe needs some therapeutic help in their lives, pity the seats can't hit back

They were just protecting themselves against the provocative greenness of the seats. Could you all just move on please?

Obsessed with the Hibees son of haggart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post

If it’s a regular occurrence at both grounds they may simply get an agreed neutral assessment of costs and settle the difference once a year. Would save endless arguments and legal costs.

Whatever way they account for it damaging the other sides ground only hurts your own club and is senseless

Talk about kicking seats, during the aberdeen game some 7-8 yr olds were kicking my and especially my partner's seat, when I had a word with the person who I thought was their dad he said 'I am not their dad - he obviously was in charge of them - every week we have to listen to his absolute drivel, from racism to things that make no sense to what is happening on the park'. If the kids end up behind us again, doing the same, we are just going to stand throughout the game so the little ****ers cannot see.
    Last edited by andybev1; 15-12-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Wouldn't be difficult to find the details of the people who purchased tickets for said seats (Home or Away). Ask them to explain how the seats ended up in that nick and ban those responsible.

There's one option.

The whole point is to dissuade away fans from damaging their opponents stadiums given they are costing their own club money.

Quote Originally Posted by chlub Hibernian View Post
    Think I would have been noting the seat number and giving the club a call to say the baw bag complaining about his seat being broken, broke it himself. Good to flag up our own piss taking A-holes.