hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    there was also a moment in the second half when a long ball was played through. Rocky could have come out and claimed it but left it to Efe who ended up putting it out for a throw.

he just looks a bit slow at the moment and doesn't seem to be a great communicator.

Not worth writting him off though, I believe there is a decent keeper in there

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Huns keeper isn’t a bad keeper, but from what I’m told he makes far to many mistakes and his distribution is awful. Games I’ve seen him he’s been suspect for many goals they concede. All about opinions though 👍🏼 I still think I’m better than both 😁
    Let’s not forget that just 18 months ago he literally threw a cross into his own net against us at ER. The saves he made on Wednesday were straight forward by staying up, and the one from Barker was one you’d expect most keepers to make.

First Team Breakthrough
    Sometimes think Marciano stays on his line too much, both the goals on Wednesday I felt he should have came out an extra yard or 2 to narrow the angle, best keeper we’ve had in a good few years though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    When you look at our two goals lost, the number of basic mistakes were frightening. Efe for the first attacking the ball not getting it leaving a huge gap to run in to. Marciano angles all over the place. Second Hanlon horrific in one on one and Marciano awful.
    Am I the only one who thought a handball could/should have been given when (I think Dylan) headed the ball and it hit the Rangers player on the arm/elbow and ran on to then be played into Windass???

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Fair do's if you think that. He's miles better than the likes of Oxley but the Huns keeper is better in my eyes.
    Not a fan of Oxley? I thought he was alright.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Not a fan of Oxley? I thought he was alright.
    Better than a lot of previous goalies but God Blessed is with Conrad.

After trying to explain, if not defend, what happened with Marciano during the week I’m at a loss as to what he was up to today.

The lead up to the 1st goal is just bizarre. The ball is at least a yard inside the box and he had plenty time to just bend down and pick it up. Why he has decided to chip it into touch and keep us under pressure is completely beyond me. The 2nd he has again tried to guess where the shot is going and is diving away from the ball, he got his foot to it but he was never keeping it out.

I said after both the Celtic and Rangers games that his decision making makes me think he is struggling with his confidence and today again suggests that. He is making bad decisions and they are costing us. We don’t really have another option so hopefully he can play through it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    After trying to explain, if not defend, what happened with Marciano during the week I’m at a loss as to what he was up to today.

The lead up to the 1st goal is just bizarre. The ball is at least a yard inside the box and he had plenty time to just bend down and pick it up. Why he has decided to chip it into touch and keep us under pressure is completely beyond me. The 2nd he has again tried to guess where the shot is going and is diving away from the ball, he got his foot to it but he was never keeping it out.

I said after both the Celtic and Rangers games that his decision making makes me think he is struggling with his confidence and today again suggests that. He is making bad decisions and they are costing us. We don’t really have another option so hopefully he can play through it.
    sorry but we have a lot more to worry about than marciano after todays game, yes he could possibly have done better at the 2nd but didnt do much else wrong

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    sorry but we have a lot more to worry about than marciano after todays game, yes he could possibly have done better at the 2nd but didnt do much else wrong
    And the 1st?

It could be argued he has costs us anywhere between 2 and 4 goals this week. Neil Lennon is certainly holding him culpable for 2.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Agree with all this. His confidence is shot to bits it seems because an on form keeper wouldn’t make these errors like he has lately.

That was like something from one of my 5 aside kick about matches, sitting here watching the game I shouted pick the ****ing ball up 30 seconds later we lose a goal. Reminded me of the St Johnston game when Stevenson headed the ball out for a throw in when the ball was already going out in our favour.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    And the 1st?

It could be argued he has costs us anywhere between 2 and 4 goals this week. Neil Lennon is certainly holding him culpable for 2.
    i would argue that utter crap defending has cost us more than his mistake, these mistakes today by our defenders were a lot more costly, i wouldnt have came out of Pittodrie today blaming the keeper for our defeat, i havent seen any quotes so far from lennon regarding marciano so ill need to take your word, i do think he is lacking in confidence just now but we dont have any better at the club just now and the only way he is going to get confidence back is by playing, im glad im not neil lennon just now