hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brandon Barker

I thought he played well today. He’s starting to back himself more when taking players on and is no longer hiding so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Played well today I felt. Glad we have him.
    Thought the same, imho he was a joy to watch.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

It nought he was very good today. No idea what some on here were watching but I'm sure most Hibs fans in the ground agreed he played well with the ovation he got when subbed. He will be vital on Wednesday night

Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    Giving him dogs abuse today, Thought he was a wasted jersey and wantedhim off the park..... and then he did that!!

I suppose that’s what we will get with the boy, obviously the quality is there if the commitment was there he wouldn’t be anywhere near Hibs
    Why were you giving him dogs abuse? Were you hoping that might improve his performance?

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Why were you giving him dogs abuse? Were you hoping that might improve his performance?
    That’s exactly the reason and looked like it worked, I will take an assist on the assist.

Going by this thread I'd wondered if it was just me who had thought he'd had a good game today.

He was excellent and causes a lot of problems when he starts running at defences.

He's not perfect, he had a few bad touches and sometimes takes the wrong option. He frustrates me a bit in that he seems to need the ball before he starts moving - sometimes he needs to move better in anticipation of getting the ball.

But I thought he was very good overall.

He'll go back to City a better player for having been with us. He looks to me like he just needs to be playing games to improve, which is what he is doing - playing regularly and improving.

One minute the boy oozes class, the next he seems to switch off or hide.

We've had outstanding moments from him, especially the The Rangers game. However, there are times when I think he's a waste of a jersey - like today or the Celtic game but then he creates chances.

I can see why some think he's class and why others do not.

Serious question - is he any better or worse than Gary Mackay Steven at Aberdeen?

GMS (27) has found his level - he's playing in a good Aberdeen team, will probably earn a few Scotland caps. But that's his limit. Maybe a Championship team might take a chance on him!

How far will Brandon (21) go in the game?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Going by this thread I'd wondered if it was just me who had thought he'd had a good game today.

He was excellent and causes a lot of problems when he starts running at defences.

He's not perfect, he had a few bad touches and sometimes takes the wrong option. He frustrates me a bit in that he seems to need the ball before he starts moving - sometimes he needs to move better in anticipation of getting the ball.

But I thought he was very good overall.

He'll go back to City a better player for having been with us. He looks to me like he just needs to be playing games to improve, which is what he is doing - playing regularly and improving.
    Smartie, thought it was his best all round 90 mins. For me he’s been a 45!min player, but today he gave us an excellent 2nd half. Needs to add goals to his game though

First Team Regular dalkeith stu's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: hibeestu07
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    It nought he was very good today. No idea what some on here were watching but I'm sure most Hibs fans in the ground agreed he played well with the ovation he got when subbed. He will be vital on Wednesday night
    Unfortunatly I don't think Wednesday night's tattie field will suit his game!!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Smartie, thought it was his best all round 90 mins. For me he’s been a 45!min player, but today he gave us an excellent 2nd half. Needs to add goals to his game though
    He strikes the ball very well. I think once he gets his first (Wednesday) then he will chip in regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A wee gem. I love watching players like him.

Inconsistent - yes. Still young - yes.

https://youtu.be/wFd0FhFQ9AY

Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    Giving him dogs abuse today, Thought he was a wasted jersey and wantedhim off the park..... and then he did that!!

I suppose that’s what we will get with the boy, obviously the quality is there if the commitment was there he wouldn’t be anywhere near Hibs

That's the way to give the players confidence from the terracing

Give him dogs abuse until he comes round to your way of thinking

Bravo, keep it up

First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MC_Humo
    Today barker was one of the few players that actually tried something different. It didn't always come off but you could see he was trying.

The only problem is when you see him make mistakes, the wrong choice or not even be awake enough for the ball it frustrates you more because you know or think of what could happen if he played to his best.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I take it the odds on getting this guy back after the season is finished are slim to none?