hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Left by mutual consent!
    Even Andy Walker couldn't believe the penalty WASN'T awarded - and we're not exactly his favourite team !

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by John_R_Corbett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just a coincidence when playing the OF they're very rarely rubbish they other way eh.

It was a penalty all day long, he (the linesman) admitted he saw it and didn't give it, that's not rubbish refereeing because nobody seeing that would think it wasn't a penalty. If he thought that wasn't a penalty and he's not a cheat then he shouldn't be officiating another game ever.

Funny the ref never seen the foul before their 2nd goal either
    I'm not doubting it was a penalty

As I said look at Ibrox. We got the rub of the green that day due to a woeful refereeing performance. It didn't go our way last night due to some poor officiating but to say it was cheating is something entirely different

Left by mutual consent!
    The linesman saw it and failed to alert the referee that it was a stone wall penalty.

That makes him a cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    The linesman saw it and failed to alert the referee that it was a stone wall penalty.

That makes him a cheat.
    Nail, hammer, head

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Very true.

There are some real ostriches on here who want us all to pretend the officials aren't biased or cheat. Its our duty to highlight officials who cheat clubs and its supporters out of watching games being played out in a fair manner.

No one wants the game to be rigged so we should be getting rid of those officials such as the linesman last night who when failing in his duty to alert the referee he had seen the rangers defender clearly using his arm to block the ball.

The club should put in an official protest against these types of officials who look the other way when it comes to game changing decisions that almost always fall for clubs like the rangers.

that will simply never happen whilst petrie is at hibs and the SFA, but i can name two clubs that would instruct journalists to print injustices if it happened to them, indeed one of them would probably issue a press statement

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    I'm not doubting it was a penalty

As I said look at Ibrox. We got the rub of the green that day due to a woeful refereeing performance. It didn't go our way last night due to some poor officiating but to say it was cheating is something entirely different
    I look at each game in isolation , what happened in the game at ibrox has nothing to do with the incompetent officiating last night no matter how often you use it to justify your position.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    I look at each game in isolation , what happened in the game at ibrox has nothing to do with the incompetent officiating last night no matter how often you use it to justify your position.
    The point is that do referees cheat and did the ref cheat last night. The answer is no. Yes, they might be mince at what they do but using Ibrox as an example they are consistently poor.

Your argument is just nonsense.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    The point is that do referees cheat and did the ref cheat last night. The answer is no. Yes, they might be mince at what they do but using Ibrox as an example they are consistently poor.

Your argument is just nonsense.
    Your opinion not a fact. It was the linesman that cheated last night not the ref.
    Do you think all teams are treated the same?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Your opinion not a fact. It was the linesman that cheated last night not the ref.
    Do you think all teams are treated the same?
    That is correct but you are saying the linesman has cheated. You don't know this either.

What does Douglas Potter gain by not giving that decision ?

That is correct but you are saying the linesman has cheated. You don't know this either.

3 points for his team?

I find it hard to quantify he could have had a perfect view and not give it. What does he gain who knows an easier life than if he had given it, maybe he supports a team that were playing and couldnt help himself?

Very true.

There are some real ostriches on here who want us all to pretend the officials aren't biased or cheat. Its our duty to highlight officials who cheat clubs and its supporters out of watching games being played out in a fair manner.

No one wants the game to be rigged so we should be getting rid of those officials such as the linesman last night who when failing in his duty to alert the referee he had seen the rangers defender clearly using his arm to block the ball.

The club should put in an official protest against these types of officials who look the other way when it comes to game changing decisions that almost always fall for clubs like the rangers.
    No chance Hibs will say anything. We are very much in the ‘nothing to see here camp’ when it comes to cheating in Scottish football. We let them run a dual contract scheme for ten years and then just told or fans to move on. Sporting integrity is not valued at Hibs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    No chance Hibs will say anything. We are very much in the ‘nothing to see here camp’ when it comes to cheating in Scottish football. We let them run a dual contract scheme for ten years and then just told or fans to move on. Sporting integrity is not valued at Hibs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You mean you don't believe integrity is beyond purchase? Certainly beyond an SFA blazer, that's for sure.

Last edited by John_R_Corbett; 14-12-2017 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydad View Post
    Don't agree absolute cheat and totally inconsistent Shaw was clearly fouled in the run up to their 2nd goal never mind the handball for the penalty that should have been given
    No way a foul on Shaw IMO just was not strong enough

The ref was in no position to see the pen or give it. He can only give it if absolutely sure, he cannot guess. It was the linesman who was perfectly placed and apparently (according to a conversation he had with Lennon) he did "not think it was a penalty".

If true, then this linesman should not be allowed to officiate at ANY game until he can demonstrate that he knows the rules of the game. As a minimum, this linesman's performances in future games need to be closely scrutinised. There were 20,000 paying customers at ER who were effectively cheated out of a fair contest due to one man's ignorance of the rules of the game. That's not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    The ref was in no position to see the pen or give it. He can only give it if absolutely sure, he cannot guess. It was the linesman who was perfectly placed and apparently (according to a conversation he had with Lennon) he did "not think it was a penalty".

If true, then this linesman should not be allowed to officiate at ANY game until he can demonstrate that he knows the rules of the game. As a minimum, this linesman's performances in future games need to be closely scrutinised. There were 20,000 paying customers at ER who were effectively cheated out of a fair contest due to one man's ignorance of the rules of the game. That's not acceptable.
    Ignorance of the rules? I'm sure he knows the rules perfectly well. Big difference though between knowing them and applying them. You think he wouldn't have 'known the rules' if that had happened the other way round. To admit to seeing that and then not giving it can only be considered cheating, it was a blatant a handball as you're likely to see.
    Last edited by John_R_Corbett; 14-12-2017 at 08:39 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankie View Post
    Wasn't it the first goal where Alves pushes Shaw with enough force to knock him off hiis feet? It was a very interesting decision because any time a Rangers player was knocked over Clancy gave it. Then at the second the ball was played on by a Rangers player who could only have used an arm to do so. The whole ground saw the penalty so how could he not? Clancy is awkward with Hibs, to say the least, at least since his red card for John McGinn was rescinded.
    However Clancy's very much at ease with the Hun - especially Jason Holt who spent the entire game from kick-off, 'advising' (screaming) at Clancy to book our players at every foul !!. I crazily thought (but only for a second) Clancy would eventually get sick of it and book Holt for trying to upstage him until I remembered - it's the Hun !

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    The linesman said he saw the incident, he's either blind or a cheat, i know which one i think.

Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    No way a foul on Shaw IMO just was not strong enough
    He came through the back of him the sort of foul he was giving all night.

Linesman cheated what’s so difficult to process? He admitted he seen it, not giving the pen puts his name out there. It’s really that simple! He’s got exactly what he wanted folk talking about him.

Left by mutual consent! IlDiavola's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sauz View Post
    So you don't go to may games then, but you felt the ref was ok.....compared to what?
    Probably compared to 'not being ok'.

The guy doesn't have had to be at every Hibs game this century to know if a referee is good or bad you know.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I had a good view of it last night so saw what was as easy a penalty to award as you get. Watching it again tonight for first time since was still sickening. To hear Lennon say the linesman told him he saw it but didn't believe it was a penalty was even more so.

Since the ref didn't see it, it's basically down to one mans interpretation of an incident after seeing it in real-time from a distance. Maybe he will look back and think he got it wrong but made an honest decision at the time...maybe he was subconsciously swayed by the potential consequences of awarding a penalty ("social unrest" etc...)

Either way it's still unacceptable that games are left to be decided like this. It's really not the officials fault as far too much pressure is being put on them by external forces...the financial beast that our game has become. They simply need help in the form of a video referee!!

An official in the stand would have mulled over that incident for a good 30 seconds (sometimes a bye kick takes longer) and awarded the penalty. We shouldn't really moan that much though, as even though there has been undoubted historic bias in the past, the video ref would have given Rangers a penalty too and probably would have given Stokes a straight red on other occasions. 😆

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Some time ago I recall a valid Rangers goal being disallowed for offside against (I think) Dundee United (or the like). They lost the game. This poor decision was analysed for ages by the media highlighting the injustice of it.
    I stress that this was the one and only time I have seen a kosher Rangers goal disallowed and the first time such a poor decision was ever discussed so intensely.

Coaching Staff
    Fourth official definitely saw it - mind he did send off Marvin last season v Ayr, and more importantly Darren after the Morton and Duffy saga - Lenny complained about him both times. Both cards later rescinded..........just saying