hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FWIW I’ve never seen whole of ER singing sectarian chants in my time, that isn’t to say it’s never happened.

They have sung these things for years at ER. Not handful of them or small section. Whole stand singing banned songs. They are a collective and clearly untouchable. This “it was worse in my day” and the “man up” type stuff that is put out there to undermine people’s discomfort at hearing these things while watching a football event is getting tiresome.

I’m sure Leanne and Rod would listen to me...
    Rod and Leanne would listen to you, but as long as you are prepared to pitch up and pay for your tickets, they wouldn't have any desire to do anything about it and would surely encourage you to "move on".

Rod and Leanne represent the disgusting institutional tolerance of sectarianism that exists within Scottish football and in Scottish society in general.

We've had it from both cheeks over the past few days and it isn't acceptable from either.

As long as Hibs are willing to quietly profit from it going on in our ground (even if it in the away end) then we must accept that with our silence we are part of the problem and not part of the solution.

2. Log in to remove the advert

As we know when games are played directly under UEFA's watch, banners and songs are dealt with in monetary fines for clubs or potential closed door games.
    The SPFL will never bring in strict liability, the Two plump turkeys are never likely to vote for christmas ( to use a festive analogy) and sign their own commercial death warrant.

For what its worth I've had thoughts of a potential solution to the whole thing for a while, but it's a bit extreme so I'd best keep my own counsel.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    The failure to respect each other’s Religion is to blame for most of that
    Aye the human suffering caused by poverty is religion’s fault. Good one.

Meanwhile on planet Earth, “Hullo Hullo” being back in the songbook and “FTP” to the tune of Tom Hark are scandalous. Completely ignored by MSM and Police Scotland. Ach well, it’s only Roman Catholic’s they’re abusing 🙁
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    The failure to respect each other’s Religion is to blame for most of that
    "Religion" is just a label, its predominantly anti Irish ethnic hatred. Fenian , taig, tarrier... all insults that are specifically anti Irish Catholic.

Id be amazed if even a handful of the 3500 huns present last night ever go anywhere near a church apart from maybe the odd wedding or funeral.

Inviting them to an ecumenical service isn't going to stop 100 hundred plus years of hun bile .

Its ingrained inbred tribalism and a complacent compliant Scottish football establishment and Scottish media establishment allow their "tribe" to go unchecked.

If last nights songs of hate had been directed against the LGBT community, Muslims or Sikhs it would be getting debated in the Scottish Parliament today.

There really is a simple solution to this problem. Simply ban ALL Rangers fans from Easter Road. Then, after time, allow some back. If it starts again, ban back in place. It really IS that simple to police.

Sectarianism, bigotry, hatred and just general all round horribleness is so ingrained into Rangers FC that unless you take part, you stand out in their support like a sore thumb and are even critisised by the rangers support. Its quite remarkable that you could get such a large group of people together with such vile mindsets but that is the rangers support. You only need to have a quick look at some of the rangers fans twitter pages and that tells you all you need to know about that despicable mob. A club truly rotten to its very core.

Supporting hibs is certainly no picnic at times but I tell you what every day I thank every single star in the sky that I wasn't raised as one of them. Utterly deplorable bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by BullsCloseHibs View Post
    There really is a simple solution to this problem. Simply ban ALL Rangers fans from Easter Road. Then, after time, allow some back. If it starts again, ban back in place. It really IS that simple to police.
    No, for me the solution is simple - actually ADDRESS the problem. Too many in authority and the media bury their heads in the sand and try and sweep it all under the carpet to avoid (God forbid ) upsetting their precious old firm. Spineless cowards.

We are Hibernian FC
    We hate Jam Tarts and we hate Dundee
    We will fight wherever we may be
    'Cause we are the mental H F C

So our supporters sing that they hate Hearts & Dundee and will fight wherever they may be because they are mental.

Do any of you question singing this hate and violence glorifying ditty?

I used to sing it without thinking about the words when I was a kid but wouldn't now because it is a bit pathetic.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    We are Hibernian FC
    We hate Jam Tarts and we hate Dundee
    We will fight wherever we may be
    'Cause we are the mental H F C

So our supporters sing that they hate Hearts & Dundee and will fight wherever they may be because they are mental.

Do any of you question singing this hate and violence glorifying ditty?

I used to sing it without thinking about the words when I was a kid but wouldn't now because it is a bit pathetic.

Thoughts?
    Do you think you can equate a tribal football orientated chant, which the vast majority of the time when sung is never ever, followed through literally to centuries of institutionalised/ingrained Anti-Catholicism, endless incidents of violence, overtly sectarian chants, increased domestic violence whenever their team loses, instructing their children in the ways of Scottish bigotry, supporting far right-wing political groups and daily casual racism/bigotry on social media.

One seems to bother you whilst the other you can easily ignore, maybe that's your own personal way of dealing with it so all respect to you, carry on. That doesn't mean everyone has to take your head-in-the-sand approach.

First Team Breakthrough
    Something needs to be done about this chanting and it's going to have to be from the bottom up. The SPFL are *****ing themselves to apply a 'dock points' rule for sectarian singing (which looks like the only way to resolve this problem) but if enough people kick up a fuss about this there must be a way to have them adopt this.

Has anyone considered getting a change.org petition on the go? Is it not true to say that if theres enough signatures it gets debated in parliament?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sauzee_4 View Post
    Something needs to be done about this chanting and it's going to have to be from the bottom up. The SPFL are *****ing themselves to apply a 'dock points' rule for sectarian singing (which looks like the only way to resolve this problem) but if enough people kick up a fuss about this there must be a way to have them adopt this.

Has anyone considered getting a change.org petition on the go? Is it not true to say that if theres enough signatures it gets debated in parliament?
    It's the clubs that have rejected it. The SPFL is the clubs.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 14-12-2017 at 02:28 PM.

SPFL & the GFA **** themselves to apply any of their rules to them but they can make up some new ones to suit them, they're very good at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Do you think you can equate a tribal football orientated chant, which the vast majority of the time when sung is never ever, followed through literally to centuries of institutionalised/ingrained Anti-Catholicism, endless incidents of violence, overtly sectarian chants, increased domestic violence whenever their team loses, instructing their children in the ways of Scottish bigotry, supporting far right-wing political groups and daily casual racism/bigotry on social media.

One seems to bother you whilst the other you can easily ignore, maybe that's your own personal way of dealing with it so all respect to you, carry on. That doesn't mean everyone has to take your head-in-the-sand approach.
    They both bother me and I ignore both because they are pathetic.
    They both make you feel dirty and make football supporters look ignorant and small.

I don't understand how any educated adult would be comfortable with singing the up to their knees in fenian blood line.
    Silly wee boys and thicko's yes but normal folk. Lost on me and I couldn't support them.

Of course it is wrong that moron parents indoctrinate their kids with this poisoned guff.

Keep politics, religion, union jacks, and Irish flags away from Scottish football teams.

I am proud of our club and the vast majority of our supporters.
    It's best we look after our own house and self Police our own dickheid supporters so that they don't embarrass us.
    That means standing up to them if you see them pissing in folks gardens, damaging seats and toilets at other grounds, behaving like dicks etc

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brizo View Post
    "Religion" is just a label, its predominantly anti Irish ethnic hatred. Fenian , taig, tarrier... all insults that are specifically anti Irish Catholic.

Id be amazed if even a handful of the 3500 huns present last night ever go anywhere near a church apart from maybe the odd wedding or funeral.

Inviting them to an ecumenical service isn't going to stop 100 hundred plus years of hun bile .

Its ingrained inbred tribalism and a complacent compliant Scottish football establishment and Scottish media establishment allow their "tribe" to go unchecked.

If last nights songs of hate had been directed against the LGBT community, Muslims or Sikhs it would be getting debated in the Scottish Parliament today.
    Correct. It’s swept under the carpet in 21st C Scotland.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Is this something one of the fans reps could raise to the board and get their thoughts on the matter and what they, and everyone else in Scottish football, is doing behind the scenes that we as fans aren’t aware of?

Surely we are in a position to take the lead on tackling this issue, particularly as we have one of our own at the SFA who can help influence and represent us on this.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    It's the clubs that have rejected it. The SPFL is the clubs.
    So the 12 Premiership clubs have debated the 'docking points' option and decided against it? Didn't realise that. And I'm very surprised by that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Right Said Frank View Post
    Is this something one of the fans reps could raise to the board and get their thoughts on the matter and what they, and everyone else in Scottish football, is doing behind the scenes that we as fans aren’t aware of?

Surely we are in a position to take the lead on tackling this issue, particularly as we have one of our own at the SFA who can help influence and represent us on this.
    Are you talking about the clubs taking responsibility for their supporters? If so, the clubs themselves kicked that out the park a while back.

The likeliest route is by way of SG action:-

http://nilbymouth.org/2017/strict-li...-hit-holyrood/

Quote Originally Posted by Right Said Frank View Post

Like they done anything about the way Hibs fans are treated at ipox! What makes you think anybody is doing anything behind the scenes? You seriously think having Petrie at the GFA makes a difference? Like he's going to rock the boat. It's not that long ago we saw an example of what having Petrie at the GFA achieves, his brush is just as big as anybody else's when it comes to sweeping stuff under the carpet.
    Last edited by John_R_Corbett; 14-12-2017 at 03:26 PM.

So the 12 Premiership clubs have debated the 'docking points' option and decided against it? Didn't realise that. And I'm very surprised by that too.
    The SPFL has 42 clubs.

Here's what happened a couple of years ago:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35349978

Are you talking about the clubs taking responsibility for their supporters? If so, the clubs themselves kicked that out the park a while back.

That is the only possible route for real action

N.B. The SFA kicking strict liability into touch in 2013 saved Hibs ass after the cup final shenanigans.
    Had that been in place we would have been clobbered.

First Team Breakthrough
    The SPFL has 42 clubs.

Here's what happened a couple of years ago:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35349978
    That article states the Alloa chairman is against strict liability and the Kilmarnock chairman is for it. Doesn't say the 42 SPFL clubs have debated it and rejected it (not doubting you like).

If they have debated and rejected it I really don't see why. The only clubs (really) who would have anything to lose would be the Old Firm.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar

I wasn’t talking about any specific outcome, although i’m personally in favour of strict liability. I’m as cynical as the next man when it comes to the desire of clubs, especially ours, to tackling this problem. However i’m all for constructive discussions with the club through channels like the supporters reps.

This is something i’d be happy to give up my time and effort to taking forward, but like all things wouldn’t have the first idea where or how to begin.

First Team Breakthrough
    That is the only possible route for real action

N.B. The SFA kicking strict liability into touch in 2013 saved Hibs ass after the cup final shenanigans.
    Had that been in place we would have been clobbered.
    Maybe if Strict Liability was in force and everyone knew what the consequences were. There would have been no pitch invasion?

Sectarian chanting should be a 3 point deduction

That article states the Alloa chairman is against strict liability and the Kilmarnock chairman is for it. Doesn't say the 42 SPFL clubs have debated it and rejected it (not doubting you like).

If they have debated and rejected it I really don't see why. The only clubs (really) who would have anything to lose would be the Old Firm.
    Every club who has a random dickhead who runs on the park, or sets off a flare, would be liable for action. Indeed, there is a case for saying that something like that poses a greater risk than some songs.

Maybe if Strict Liability was in force and everyone knew what the consequences were. There would have been no pitch invasion?

Sectarian chanting should be a 3 point deduction
    Football teams especially the bigger ones won't go for strict liability.
    It could be a harsh mistress.
    Could see us getting caught out at Edinburgh derbies.

They both bother me and I ignore both because they are pathetic.
    They both make you feel dirty and make football supporters look ignorant and small.
    That's quite a selfish outlook. The Hibs chant is a feeble (looked thru modern eyes) attempt at intimidation the whole "Rangers" culture is an attempt at keeping alive centuries of bigotry. They are hardly comparable taken in context of Scottish culture as a whole.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Football teams especially the bigger ones won't go for strict liability.
    It could be a harsh mistress.
    Could see us getting caught out at Edinburgh derbies.
    So we just have to put up with it then?

Whatever happened to paying the fine if you do the crime?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

If James Dornan's bill becomes law, then we'll all have to pay the fines.

If SL comes in, it opens up a new debate on the relative sanctions needed for each "offence". eg, is a smoke bomb more dangerous than a song? Does that, in itself, make it more worthy of a points deduction?

And, does SL actually work? Have the numerous fines imposed on Celtic by UEFA actually stopped their "political acts"?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

Hibs are one of the bigger teams who won't go for it.
    We would have been paying a big fine for our cup final crimes had strict liability not been rejected and we would have all been moaning about getting picked on by the GFA

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Hibs are one of the bigger teams who won't go for it.
    We would have been paying a big fine for our cup final crimes had strict liability not been rejected and we would have all been moaning about getting picked on by the GFA
    You need to start somewhere, if we deserve a punishment why should we not be punished?