hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!

Will the chants ever be banned rather than “banned”?

I dislike Celtic quite a bit but Rangers are on another level. When will their sectarian chants actually be punished? Surely they’ll be a lengthy investigation followed by 3500 arrests? Big fine for them? Hate Scotland and Scottish Football sometimes...can’t even come up with rules that we enforce. We get a warning before each match and their whole stand ignored it...

Handball isn’t handball.
    Sectarian chant isn’t sectarian.

Football is corrupt and we all know it. It’s a worldwide issue but instead of ignoring it and trying to improve the game in our country, we become tribal and let the corruption run riot. Every club outside the old firm should genuinely start putting pressure on the SFA collectively but they won’t...

Sick of it.

P.S. A few Hibs players need to take a look at themselves as they let their teammates down tonight. McGeouch, Barker and Boyle were the best. The rest were so-so. Murray should’ve been hooked instead of Shaw. Rangers were there for the taking, they are worst team I’ve seen this season at ER.

Until any journalist dares to acknowledge it, nothing will change.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Until it is self Policed it won't stop and that ain't happenening anytime soon.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Until it is self Policed it won't stop and that ain't happenening anytime soon.
    Until it starts costing their club money it will not be self policed.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Even The Billy Boys has returned, after they were forced to stop it for a few seasons. Where's the follow up from the authorities?

Until we get strict liability and it begins to hurt the team, they'll just continue.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Take a chill pill.

Their chants wash over me.
    Too busy watching my team to listen to all that wallpaper drivel.

Watch the hellish human suffering on the news for something to be outraged at.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!

P

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Take a chill pill.

The song they sing is banned. It was sung by 3500 fans.

Human suffering is awful, if you are outraged by that then I’m sure you are planning to do something about it personally as you certainly seem to be trying to take a bizarre route to some moral high ground...

I’m sorry we can’t all obviously compartmentalise our “outrage”. I’ll try to take more chill pills. Just enough so that stuff that I personally witness “washes over me” (spit and sectarian slurs and all) but not too much so that I don’t nulify my outrage to stuff on the news.

Just so you know I’m outraged by many things going on in this world. Depresses me the most that we can’t even fix it in a rudimentary thing like sporting events though. What chance do we have on bigger world problems as countries begin to close its borders and tribalism becomes the fad.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    The song they sing is banned. It was sung by 3500 fans.

Human suffering is awful, if you are outraged by that then I’m sure you are planning to do something about it personally as you certainly seem to be trying to take a bizarre route to some moral high ground...

I’m sorry we can’t all obviously compartmentalise our “outrage”. I’ll try to take more chill pills. Just enough so that stuff that I personally witness “washes over me” (spit and sectarian slurs and all) but not too much so that I don’t nulify my outrage to stuff on the news.

Just so you know I’m outraged by many things going on in this world. Depresses me the most that we can’t even fix it in a rudimentary thing like sporting events though. What chance do we have on bigger world problems as countries begin to close its borders and tribalism becomes the fad.
    Why get annoyed.
    The football authorities have had forever to sort sectarian singing out and have made no real effort. Massive fines and more so point removal would stop it dead.
    From a Hibs point of view, it is within our clubs power to drastically reduce the number of tickets available to their supporters to come to our ground. Our club choose to take their money rather than take a moral stance.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Why get annoyed.
    The football authorities have had forever to sort sectarian singing out and have made no real effort. Massive fines and more so point removal would stop it dead.
    From a Hibs point of view, it is within our clubs power to drastically reduce the number of tickets available to their supporters to come to our ground. Our club choose to take their money rather than take a moral stance.
    Hibs prefer to take Rangers money rather than protect their fans from being spat on? I sincerely hope that isn’t the case. The phrase “taking a moral stance” almost has worse connotations than “committing a crime” these days.

Take a chill pill.

The failure to respect each other’s Religion is to blame for most of that

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    Is it not more about money and power masquerading as religious conflict

Celtic sang quite a few IRA songs loud and clear on Sunday

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Aye the human suffering caused by poverty is religion’s fault. Good one.

Meanwhile on planet Earth, “Hullo Hullo” being back in the songbook and “FTP” to the tune of Tom Hark are scandalous. Completely ignored by MSM and Police Scotland. Ach well, it’s only Roman Catholic’s they’re abusing 🙁
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

"Religion" is just a label, its predominantly anti Irish ethnic hatred. Fenian , taig, tarrier... all insults that are specifically anti Irish Catholic.

Id be amazed if even a handful of the 3500 huns present last night ever go anywhere near a church apart from maybe the odd wedding or funeral.

Inviting them to an ecumenical service isn't going to stop 100 hundred plus years of hun bile .

Its ingrained inbred tribalism and a complacent compliant Scottish football establishment and Scottish media establishment allow their "tribe" to go unchecked.

If last nights songs of hate had been directed against the LGBT community, Muslims or Sikhs it would be getting debated in the Scottish Parliament today.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brizo View Post
    "Religion" is just a label, its predominantly anti Irish ethnic hatred. Fenian , taig, tarrier... all insults that are specifically anti Irish Catholic.

Id be amazed if even a handful of the 3500 huns present last night ever go anywhere near a church apart from maybe the odd wedding or funeral.

Inviting them to an ecumenical service isn't going to stop 100 hundred plus years of hun bile .

Its ingrained inbred tribalism and a complacent compliant Scottish football establishment and Scottish media establishment allow their "tribe" to go unchecked.

If last nights songs of hate had been directed against the LGBT community, Muslims or Sikhs it would be getting debated in the Scottish Parliament today.
    Correct. It’s swept under the carpet in 21st C Scotland.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    spiers did and lost job as result.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    I dislike Celtic quite a bit but Rangers are on another level. When will their sectarian chants actually be punished? Surely they’ll be a lengthy investigation followed by 3500 arrests? Big fine for them? Hate Scotland and Scottish Football sometimes...can’t even come up with rules that we enforce. We get a warning before each match and their whole stand ignored it...

Handball isn’t handball.
    Sectarian chant isn’t sectarian.

Football is corrupt and we all know it. It’s a worldwide issue but instead of ignoring it and trying to improve the game in our country, we become tribal and let the corruption run riot. Every club outside the old firm should genuinely start putting pressure on the SFA collectively but they won’t...

Sick of it.

P.S. A few Hibs players need to take a look at themselves as they let their teammates down tonight. McGeouch, Barker and Boyle were the best. The rest were so-so. Murray should’ve been hooked instead of Shaw. Rangers were there for the taking, they are worst team I’ve seen this season at ER.
    In today's politically correct society it's incredible that these cretins continue to get away singing this sectarian, racist bile. There were 3500 of them behind the goal tonight belting out that stuff, as they do week in week out, but they are untouchable. 'Zombies' is complimentary to them.

Testimonial Due capitals_finest's Avatar
    It amazes me that in today's Scotland, that they can behave the way the do and it still gets swept under the carpet.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    If there is literally no consequence to their actions why on earth would they stop singing this sectarian bile?

Stop giving them 3.5k tickets. Give them the same they give us and the treat them like the ****ing window licking, knuckle dragging vermin that they are.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Stop giving them 3.5k tickets. Give them the same they give us and the treat them like the ****ing window licking, knuckle dragging vermin that they are.

but unfortunately petrie won't do it

Journalists do write about it now and again. The problem is that it’s not just a small number that can be policed by other supporters. It’s them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daniel1875
    The only way to put a stop to it inside a football stadium is for the SFA to take a zero tolerance policy and start fining the clubs. Sectarian bigotry is no different to racism or homophobia yet it is totally swept under the carpet. We have these ‘Show Racism The Red Card’ campaigns every so often but what’s the ****ing point? Racism isn’t an issue in the game in Scotland but sectarian bigotry is.

Quote Originally Posted by HarpyHibby View Post
    The only way to put a stop to it inside a football stadium is for the SFA to take a zero tolerance policy and start fining the clubs. Sectarian bigotry is no different to racism or homophobia yet it is totally swept under the carpet. We have these ‘Show Racism The Red Card’ campaigns every so often but what’s the ****ing point? Racism isn’t an issue in the game in Scotland but sectarian bigotry is.
    The last part of your post is bang on.

Everything seems to be focused on beating racism at the moment but in Scotland, sectarianism is a far worse problem in football than racism.

First Team Regular EastCalderHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    The last part of your post is bang on.

Everything seems to be focused on beating racism at the moment but in Scotland, sectarianism is a far worse problem in football than racism.
    so its fine to call us Fenian bassas but dont call us black bassas ...sfa are a joke

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCalderHibby View Post
    so its fine to call us Fenian bassas but dont call us black bassas ...sfa are a joke
    The irony being that many of the leading men in the Fenian movement were Protestant. They probably aren't even aware of this.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

As someone posted. If hibs directors felt the need for it. Offer them the absolute minimum tickets. 5% of capacity is it. Even then that would be too much for that lot. Horrible club with mostly horrible supporters.

Just because someone lets it wash over them doesnt mean its ok or legal. Homophobic or racist chants would be severley punished, why not sectarianism. Give them no tickets until its sorted. Would someone standing on princes street chanting that filth amongst shoppers etc be lifted, damn right they would.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

There really is a simple solution to this problem. Simply ban ALL Rangers fans from Easter Road. Then, after time, allow some back. If it starts again, ban back in place. It really IS that simple to police.

Quote Originally Posted by BullsCloseHibs View Post
    There really is a simple solution to this problem. Simply ban ALL Rangers fans from Easter Road. Then, after time, allow some back. If it starts again, ban back in place. It really IS that simple to police.
    No, for me the solution is simple - actually ADDRESS the problem. Too many in authority and the media bury their heads in the sand and try and sweep it all under the carpet to avoid (God forbid ) upsetting their precious old firm. Spineless cowards.