hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John_R_Corbett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Short of banning them altogether (which for the record I would) what can the club do? The football authorities do nothing, the police won't enforce it properly, what can anybody else do?

Something , anything ... Nothing is even said about it , both games against the old firm this week their fans were at it , and the club dont come out and bring up that it has happened. If the club had any balls then they would be issuing a statement condemning what has happened and stating the repercussions should it happen again. Then when it happens again ban their fans from our stadium. Im sick off it being swept under the carpet, its about time the club did whats right for US, the clubs supporters..

2. Log in to remove the advert

Tackling sectarianism in Scotland is not The clubs responsibility. Not allowing it to happen in the clubs stadium is.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    And how the hell both the old firm still get away with the things they are singing about is beyond me. There are guys up and down the country being done with hate crimes for homophobic abuse. If i started shouting about muslims in a hateful manner then im done with racist and hate crimes. Something really does need to be done about both of them , it shouldnt be tolerated...
    You’d not be surprised at how lenient the law is towards Islamophobic abuse. The FA were dismayed when a Newcastle fan received a paltry fine rather than a banning order from magistrates over the admission that they chanted abuse at Mido of Middlesbrough. Given that 1000’s of fans were chanting that Mido had a bomb and Mido the Paedo (I’m not buying the historic Middlesbrough child abuse scandle angle), it shows how difficult it is, when race, religion get muddied with the well-meaning ‘Show racism the red card’ campaign. The sad fact is, like homophobia, Islamophobia is acceptable to the majority of UK citizens but the latter is easy to couch with the grey areas of ignorance and prejudice and still fall under the letter of the law, so the likelihood is, you’d get away with it.

Further, I can give you countless examples of open sectarianism, including incitement of violence conducted by extremist so-called ‘Sunni’ groups representing the house of Saud who fund and run many mosques in Europe, especially France and UK. So, as with the the aforementioned Christian sectarianism here, nothing is done. It is treated as a ‘domestic’ incident by the police. That is not so much to do with treating only Muslims with kid gloves but I’d say the artifice that some hypocritical leaders among any religious community create around themselves to hold onto power and protect each other from exposure to their all too human frailties.

As for expressing ‘sympathy’ to others and supporting ISIS, I’d say that’s oxymoronic, like Christian terrorism or Islamic terrorism. Some criminals use religion as a vehicle to exercise their irreligious hatred of others and pretend, even convince themselves they’re ‘good’- messianic or martyrs- a gangsters’ paradise.

You want to break a taboo, walk down Sauchiehall St or Govan or Easterhouse, etc hand in hand with a Rangers fan in a Celtic shirt or vice versa, on a derby night, then tour the pubs singing Christmas carols collecting for victims of domestic abuse/brain injury. Who’s with me?

Tackling sectarianism in Scotland is not The clubs responsibility. Not allowing it to happen in the clubs stadium is.
    I don't disagree with you but it's not going to happen any time soon at Hibs, there'll be no boat rocking at this club while we have somebody angling for top blazer at the GFA.
    Last edited by John_R_Corbett; 14-12-2017 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 17SquirrelPower View Post
    You’d not be surprised at how lenient the law is towards Islamophobic abuse. The FA were dismayed when a Newcastle fan received a paltry fine rather than a banning order from magistrates over the admission that they chanted abuse at Mido of Middlesbrough. Given that 1000’s of fans were chanting that Mido had a bomb and Mido the Paedo (I’m not buying the historic Middlesbrough child abuse scandle angle), it shows how difficult it is, when race, religion get muddied with the well-meaning ‘Show racism the red card’ campaign. The sad fact is, like homophobia, Islamophobia is acceptable to the majority of UK citizens but the latter is easy to couch with the grey areas of ignorance and prejudice and still fall under the letter of the law, so the likelihood is, you’d get away with it.

Further, I can give you countless examples of open sectarianism, including incitement of violence conducted by extremist so-called ‘Sunni’ groups representing the house of Saud who fund and run many mosques in Europe, especially France and UK. So, as with the the aforementioned Christian sectarianism here, nothing is done. It is treated as a ‘domestic’ incident by the police. That is not so much to do with treating only Muslims with kid gloves but I’d say the artifice that some hypocritical leaders among any religious community create around themselves to hold onto power and protect each other from exposure to their all too human frailties.

As for expressing ‘sympathy’ to others and supporting ISIS, I’d say that’s oxymoronic, like Christian terrorism or Islamic terrorism. Some criminals use religion as a vehicle to exercise their irreligious hatred of others and pretend, even convince themselves they’re ‘good’- messianic or martyrs- a gangsters’ paradise.

You want to break a taboo, walk down Sauchiehall St or Govan or Easterhouse, etc hand in hand with a Rangers fan in a Celtic shirt or vice versa, on a derby night, then tour the pubs singing Christmas carols collecting for victims of domestic abuse/brain injury. Who’s with me?
    As i have said previously, the club need to stop this from happening in our stadium. If it means banning their ****bag support then go ahead and do it. It can be stopped from happening in the stadium , scottish societies failings however is not our clubs problem

Quote Originally Posted by John_R_Corbett View Post
    I don't disagree with you but it's not going to happen any time soon at Hibs, there'll be no boat rocking at this club while we have somebody angling for top blazer at the GFA.
    But it could happen , the non old firm clubs turn a blind eye.. it’s ridiculous

Left by mutual consent!
    And how the hell both the old firm still get away with the things they are singing about is beyond me. There are guys up and down the country being done with hate crimes for homophobic abuse. If i started shouting about muslims in a hateful manner then im done with racist and hate crimes. Something really does need to be done about both of them , it shouldnt be tolerated...

Huns should only be allowed to buy tickets if they wear vaudeville make up and green and white leather lederhosen and sing scout gang show songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Gladly but it would cost the club too much.
    this is not true. cut their allocation, increase ours. if it is just money that interests you, more fool you. there are standards, and there are low levels. you seem to be happy to reach the lower levels as long as the money comes in. Standards, morality, for the greater good all better than taking the "king's (billy's in this case ) shilling.

As i have said previously, the club need to stop this from happening in our stadium. If it means banning their ****bag support then go ahead and do it. It can be stopped from happening in the stadium , scottish societies failings however is not our clubs problem
    our club have a moral responsibility to it's fans, to prevent us having to endure this bile at least twice, possibly 4 times a season . they must have needed to huge sums merely for the policing last night. half those cops would not have been needed, if the huns only had half that end. half the damaged seats would not have happened, half the street trouble would not have either. give them a quarter of that end, keep them in for half an hour like they do to us. let decent fans that stay in Abbeyhill, Montgomery street, Porty, the Colonies etc get on their way to the buses. instead of herding us down St. Clair or the long way through Lochend to avoid those ****.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Wish we'd just ban them to be honest. They're a descipable bunch. I'd gladly pay an extra quid on the ticket so the club are compensated for the loss of The Rangers support. Those bigots are not welcome.

Should install a massive roller-blind on the roof of the south stand. As soon as the "party songs" start, roll down the blind so they don't get to see the game until they stop. We could even make it sound-proof so we can't hear them either!

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    No chance police would allow supporters to share the stand and access points.
    When you say ‘share a stand’ it’s happened before and also at a far less segregated tynecastle last season for both Celtic and rangers. The south stand lends itself to being segregated and has been done before.

Access points, if you mean turnstiles they are at opposite ends of the sand, if you just mean roads etc, the roads around the stadium are shared as it currently stands, and if they really wanted to you just put one of the police cordons up and make Hibs fans enter via the rear of the East stand and through the metal gates.

Very easy to segregate fans both before and after the game.
    Last edited by hibbysam; 15-12-2017 at 06:26 AM.

My brother in law parked at Sainburys at Meadowbank before it so we went past them as we went to the west. We had kids wit us which resulted in some of them shouting Paedo in our faces along with other such names while a Rangers fan appeared to be urinating behind a hedge and in front of someone's window.

Stay classy Rangers fans

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixu62 View Post
    Should install a massive roller-blind on the roof of the south stand. As soon as the "party songs" start, roll down the blind so they don't get to see the game until they stop. We could even make it sound-proof so we can't hear them either!
    Haha

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baader View Post
    Wish we'd just ban them to be honest. They're a descipable bunch. I'd gladly pay an extra quid on the ticket so the club are compensated for the loss of The Rangers support. Those bigots are not welcome.
    That's a really good point. Cut their allocation but put a pound on the price of a ticket. Call it a cat A+ fixture. Explain to our fans that we are taking a stance on the sectarian bile from BOTH clubs but also don't want to be financially hit by it. I for one would accept that, in fact I would be delighted if Hibs did it and called these low lives out on their behaviour. It's only £4 each per person but would be well worth it

@hibs.net private member
    Definitely think thanking away fans is a terrible idea.

It was OK last season when your thanking Dumbarton, QoS fans etc where about 50 of them turn up on a cold winters day.

Our match day experience has changed now and thanking 4,000 Rangers fans for trashing the place, singing sectarian bile for 90 minutes and throwing coins, lighters etc is laughable.

Had to wait almost half a bloody hour at the barricade so they could get oot the stadium, f,n ridicoulas. Let these animals wait in the stadium.
    Hibs really should be pressing tae get this sorted. With sellik it was something like 15 mins. The hun erses were still celebrating in the stadium while we were waiting, NOT ON HIBS, insert very pissed off smiley with middle finger raised.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Hibs made their position on sectarian abuse clear when they failed to raise the subject when our manager was abused at the cup final. In these cases silence is tantamount to condoning it.

We have to accept as a support that religious hatred is not going to be dealt with by Hibs, the police, any politician or by football fans. We fans have power over the clubs, we can refuse to buy tickets to games that include celtc and the huns, but we scramble to get them. If we stood together and every stadium that the old firm (deceased) played in had only their fans in it then our clubs would have to take action, but we don't and that makes us complicit in it.

Tbh sectarian abuse washes over me nowadays, it barely winds me up now. It has become normalised. We can moan all we want about it but words will have not effect on the perpetrators, only showing your own club that it is an issue for you by not buying a ticket for a game against the old firm and telling them explicitly that the reason you will not buy a ticket for the game is because of the sectarian abuse spouted at these events then the status quo will continue.

Everyone in football and politics are afraid to deal with this, the fans accept it by continuing to pay to take part in it. I guarantee a few games without fans attending both home and away to the ugly sisters games with fan groups telling the press why and something would start to happen. Imagine if every ST holder contacted the club to say they refuse to use their ST for those games and refuse to let them resell the ticket I bet you Hibs would do something. We can bump our gums again and again each time we play these two ugly institutions but without action there can be no change.

I bet in 10 years time we will still have threads like this, go back 10 years and look at the dates we played the uglies and you will see threads like this. Nothing will change because we all support it financially. We value football and supporting Hibs over the bigotry spouted at these games, it is that simple, I do it myself and each time I buy a ticket for an old firm game at ER or to one of the cauldrons of hate on the outskirts of Glasgow.

Anyway that my tuppence worth on the subject, I may get abuse for stating what is clear as day but I don't care, we all know the solution, but it would mean harming Hibs to effect it and we don't, as a group of fans have the stomach for it, no teams fans do.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    this is not true. cut their allocation, increase ours. if it is just money that interests you, more fool you. there are standards, and there are low levels. you seem to be happy to reach the lower levels as long as the money comes in. Standards, morality, for the greater good all better than taking the "king's (billy's in this case ) shilling.
    You don't think that having both sets of fans in the south stand, therefore having to leave several blocks of seats empty for segregation purposes plus increased policing and stewarding costs to manage the increased threat of trouble caused by the stand being split would cost the club a lot more than the status quo?

I would love to see Rangers and Celtic fans getting the bare minimum for Easter Road but in reality that's never going to happen any time soon.

You don't think that having both sets of fans in the south stand, therefore having to leave several blocks of seats empty for segregation purposes plus increased policing and stewarding costs to manage the increased threat of trouble caused by the stand being split would cost the club a lot more than the status quo?

I would love to see Rangers and Celtic fans getting the bare minimum for Easter Road but in reality that's never going to happen any time soon.
    Don't give them any then

I agree that its not going to happen. The reason for that is simple, they put money before morals. All the non old firm clubs do, this should have been tackled ages ago , especially when you consider all the other good things being done to stop intolerance in society and at the football.

@hibs.net private member Www1875hfc's Avatar
    Why should the home teams suffer financially if you cut their allocation ? I’ll gladly have a full away end. The SFA SPFL should start by closing 1 of there stands at the next home game, then close another stand if it continues and so on before they end up playing games behind closed doors. Let they B ******* suffer the financial hardship. Then they’ll know all about it. Hit them in the pocket. Or deduct points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The announcer at Partick thanked the 1900 odd Hibs fans and said they really appreciated it.
    Just saying likes.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillsidehibby View Post
    The announcer at Partick thanked the 1900 odd Hibs fans and said they really appreciated it.
    Just saying likes.
    Fair enough but presuming our fans didn't destroy hundreds of seats and hurl sectarian abuse for 90 minutes?

Thanking should only be done when it's deserved. I wouldn't thank a waiter or waitress if I was eating at a restaurant and I saw them spitting in my food!

Just saying likes.
    Did the 1900 or so Hibs fans spend large parts of the match singing sectarian abuse aimed at killing Catholics or singing about terrorists?

Nice one.
    Strangely I was thinking the same thing with the addition of the playing of Embarrassment by Madness over the PA as the blind comes down

Just saying likes.
    It's nice to be nice (with caveat of Celtic, Rangers and Hearts)

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Nice one.
    Strangely I was thinking the same thing with the addition of the playing of Embarrassment by Madness over the PA as the blind comes down
    They should install a giant foghorn in the South and blast it every time they start singing. I'm sure the players and home support would get used to it.

Left by mutual consent! IlDiavola's Avatar
    They probably couldn't care less about seeing the game anyway.

A bigot fest whilst snookered on Buckfast is far more appealing.