hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillsidehibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The announcer at Partick thanked the 1900 odd Hibs fans and said they really appreciated it.
    Just saying likes.
    And I would have no problem with the Hibs announcer thanking the Partick fans for turning up to Easter Road.

This is specifically aimed at Rangers and Celtic fans.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    They should install a giant foghorn in the South and blast it every time they start singing. I'm sure the players and home support would get used to it.
    Haha. Great idea. MrsH6270 has a bike horn that she uses incessantly when she receives PPI calls and the like on her phone. Strange but the number of calls she has had recently has reduced, so you might be on to something.

Back on subject though. Regardless of what allocation we give the Weegie ugly sister hordes, they are always going to fully sell their tickets. So whether it’s 3500 (full stand) or 25% of that just to pi$$ them off, we’ll still be subjected to their bigoted chanting. I agree, we shouldn’t be “thanking” them for subjecting us to it. Plus all of the other bile baggage mentioned on this thread is something we can do without.

Septic and Sevco only use the ‘football supporters’ analogy as a cover to impart their ancient and irrelevant support of a world that is so different to every other true football fan in the country (and I include Jambos in this majority).

Quote Originally Posted by guthrie01 View Post
    Up to their knees in Fenian blood... Aye timid right enough

Only because they won they where in a reasonable mood, imagine us winning then try and walk down the street with them. Rangers fans will never change
    Whilst it washes over me to a certain extent, I'm sure there would be public outcry if Fenian was changed to Muslim or Jewish. Double standards imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    And how the hell both the old firm still get away with the things they are singing about is beyond me. There are guys up and down the country being done with hate crimes for homophobic abuse. If i started shouting about muslims in a hateful manner then im done with racist and hate crimes. Something really does need to be done about both of them , it shouldnt be tolerated...
    Should have read this before posting above. Agree with what you say here

First Team Regular EastCalderHibby's Avatar
    the thing that pisses me of is the love that bt and sky must have for the chants that they insist that one of the bigots are on live to millions of viewers
    every week .
    Which also means that they make £££££££ EVERY AWAY GAME

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    Whilst it washes over me to a certain extent, I'm sure there would be public outcry if Fenian was changed to Muslim or Jewish. Double standards imo.

The Politicians would be holding urgent cabinet meetings if this was the case but sit on their hands doing nothing while this specific type bigotry is belted out every week.

We can discuss bigotry aw day......