hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's a big difference between performing well & picking up points. I know what I'd rather be doing.
    No **** Sherlock !

This thread is about the formation tonight, which in the main worked very well. We dominated almost the entire game! Cannot legislate for our keeper having a mare, stonewall pen not given, hitting the woodwork twice. Sometimes in football you do not get what you deserve, tonight was an acute example of that.......sadly!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    There's a big difference between performing well & picking up points. I know what I'd rather be doing.
    The point is we are picking up points. And we won't continue picking up points without performing well.

We were hit by two sucker punches tonight. We were better though, just like at Ibrox. These things happen, no need for panic, we carry on with that attitude and approach and we can aim for higher than fourth.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Opinions I suppose but I would take that performance every week. When the opposition goalkeeper gets MotM it is not for standing with his hands on his hips.

I thought we were set up right.

We dominated from start to finish and only lost out due to a couple of moments of madness.

The change at the start of the second half was correct.

The changes right at the end were bizarre but we had to try something.

Lennon couldn't have done more and we played very well.

biggest thing for me was having all three strikers on, when he needed to gamble late on he had nothing to change it.

pick a back four and play it. get SDG at right back to start with as soon as he's fit.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I think people need to watch Boyles chance again. It was by no means a straight forward cut back to Murray and Stokes was miles away.

Might have scored with a cut back but it wasn't easy so let's not pretend it was.

Boyle was also off side I think, so the poor officiating wasn't entirely one sided

It's ok saying we set up wrong but if we'd put our chances away this thread wouldn't exist,instead we'd have been waxing lyrical on how daring neil lennon had been.
    Mental isn't it.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Set up was fine. I can't remember ever thinking that we could have easily scored five or six against that shower of *****. One up then aha long and Boyle had great chances. We fell asleep for five minutes and they score. 2nd half was one way traffic , missed some more chances, but the post twice and denied a stonewall pen. They had zero impact for probably 80 of the 90 minutes. I would say we were set up just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by rotherhamrob View Post
    It's ok saying we set up wrong but if we'd put our chances away this thread wouldn't exist,instead we'd have been waxing lyrical on how daring neil lennon had been.
    The Rangers had the chances without being dominant because our set up left too much space in the middle and back.
    If we take our chances great. They have scored 2 and had chances for another 2 or 3 themselves.
    Morelos has missed 2 free headers unmarked in the 6 yard box aiming at an open goal. The 2 best chances out with the goals scored. If you front load with players you are going to create a lot, possibly dominate and look threatening but for the times you get sprung on you are exposed. The Rangers sit in for the cavalry charges and take theirs when they come. We've laid out their tactics for them. If we played our usual 4 4 2 or one up, 3 in the middle and 2 wide I don't think we get beat by that The Rangers team.
    Neil Lennon got it wrong for me and it has cost us.
    But - he's got far more right than wrong this season and we have a great bunch of lads who I think will ultimately finish 2nd

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    I think part of the problem is not just this game but our general failure to kill off teams.

We need to start keeping far more clean sheets than we do and our chances to goals ratio is poor.
    We had exactly that chance with Boyle in the first half.

A stunning ball up to him and we are through. He has to score or square it and we are two up and it’s game over.

The defending for both goals is comical

Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    The Rangers had the chances without being dominant because our set up left too much space in the middle and back.
    If we take our chances great. They have scored 2 and had chances for another 2 or 3 themselves.
    Morelos has missed 2 free headers unmarked in the 6 yard box aiming at an open goal. The 2 best chances out with the goals scored. If you front load with players you are going to create a lot, possibly dominate and look threatening but for the times you get sprung on you are exposed. The Rangers sit in for the cavalry charges and take theirs when they come. We've laid out their tactics for them. If we played our usual 4 4 2 or one up, 3 in the middle and 2 wide I don't think we get beat by that The Rangers team.
    Neil Lennon got it wrong for me and it has cost us.
    But - he's got far more right than wrong this season and we have a great bunch of lads who I think will ultimately finish 2nd
    Just for the record I'd have had Bartley in for Shaw.
    I was merely pointing out that the result can alter the types of threads that are posted.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    We had exactly that chance with Boyle in the first half.

A stunning ball up to him and we are through. He has to score or square it and we are two up and it’s game over.

The defending for both goals is comical
    First post in months about events in a game and no surprise to see you slaughtering Boyle, given you claimed pre season he isnt good enough for us.

Boyle has been outstanding this season, and not once have you been on here giving him praise. Sums up mentality of some folk who can't wait to latch on to something to try to prove their misguided pish is actually correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    First post in months about events in a game and no surprise to see you slaughtering Boyle, given you claimed pre season he isnt good enough for us.

Boyle has been outstanding this season, and not once have you been on here giving him praise. Sums up mentality of some folk who can't wait to latch on to something to try to prove their misguided pish is actually correct.
    Haha okay.

I can’t recall saying he isn’t good enough for us. What I would have said is he doesn’t score enough/make the right decision considering the chances he gets.

Has that changed?
    Not at all.

He has been improved this season for certain.

He has also had chances to kill games for us, Hamilton and last night spring to mind, and he hasn’t.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    Haha okay.

I can’t recall saying he isn’t good enough for us. What I would have said is he doesn’t score enough/make the right decision considering the chances he gets.

Has that changed?
    Not at all.

He has been improved this season for certain.

He has also had chances to kill games for us, Hamilton and last night spring to mind, and he hasn’t.
    ffs him and Barker were our best players last night.

Just admit you got it wrong about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    ffs him and Barker were our best players last night.

Just admit you got it wrong about him.
    Where have I said anything that is incorrect?

‘Just admit you got it wrong about him’ is that for real?

Boyle is a real asset. He has a lot pace and I am glad we have him and others don’t.

That doesn’t change the fact he gets into many decent positions and doesn’t kill the game when he can do