hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi there,

Have raised all the questions re issues with the online system yesterday. The club are in contact with Ticketmaster and we should hopefully be able to answer some of these questions today at some point.

Thanks

Tracey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi Tracey

I know ticketing arrangements aren't your responsibility but it would be good to get some answers from Hibs regarding the inconsistencies in procedures and whether there is a plan in place to improve the entire system.

A few examples would be:

In the last year we have had a high demand game with online sales only, one with half online sales and half ticket office sales and then one with majority online and a small number held back for face to face sales.

Last year myself and hundreds of others queued overnight for Hearts tickets. Whilst the weather wasn't as inclement as the last few days it was still far from a pleasant experience in a Scottish winter with regular outbreaks of rain. I appreciate the decision to close the queue last night was a reactive one (and the correct one given the circumstances) but it is yet another inconsistency. Last year after vouchers were issued at approx 7.30am a few people asked if they could then leave the queue to go and eat, use the toilet etc and come back later and were advised that this wasn't possible.

Can the club confirm the arrangements with various supporters groups regarding advance sale of tickets and why this has been either consistently or periodically an option for some but not others. Again if this is an agreed policy then that's fine but in the interests of fairness and transparency it surely has to be openly acknowledged and not left open to the kind of rumour and accusation we have seen in the last few weeks and on previous occasions. This isn't fair on those receiving tickets as they have been forced to defend themselves whilst the club has maintained a deafening silence.

Finally can the club explain why the issues surrounding ticketing arrangements seems so firmly off the table when it comes to discussions? An open review that attempted to engage as much of the fanbase as possible could see the information gathered to all Hibs to devise a system that benefited as many fans as possible. The current system seems somewhat inadequate for high demand games and could be improved in time for next season if the will was there.

Thanks
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Can the club confirm the arrangements with various supporters groups regarding advance sale of tickets and why this has been either consistently or periodically an option for some but not others. Again if this is an agreed policy then that's fine but in the interests of fairness and transparency it surely has to be openly acknowledged and not left open to the kind of rumour and accusation we have seen in the last few weeks and on previous occasions. This isn't fair on those receiving tickets as they have been forced to defend themselves whilst the club has maintained a deafening silence.
    Have to take issue with this, it's not fine at all IMO. I don't care if it's an agreed policy, it shouldn't exist and it's ridiculous if it does. Nobody should be bypassing whatever system is in place, be it loyalty points, a ballot or a free for all among ST holders just because they travel on this bus or that bus. More people travel by other methods than by supporters buses. Traveling on a supporters bus isn't or certainly shouldn't be a valid reason for being able to jump the queue IMO.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    agree that any new ST holder deserves the same chance. maybe the Spurs one is a good example of encouraging folk to attend class B games if you want to encourage "loyalty". Although we don't seem far off filling the ground for a lot of those ones either, thankfully. (fill in the corners ) . but, referring to the old loyalty system, I think that was the best way of issuing tickets to away game fans. whether it's just along the road to gorgie, or to grounds that can only accommodate X amount of Hibernian fans. The current loyalty system, is rather elitist imho.
    Exactly, got a mate who is a Spurs season ticket holder and he goes to Swansea away mid week and the likes, which then puts him at the front of the queue for Arsenal away.

Reward people for going midweek to Dingwall and Aberdeen in December just before Christmas. Reward them for this and not only will we have bigger support away at difficult games, but the most deserving get tickets to Tynecastle and Ibrox.

I do realise that I am virtually singing my own death warrant for getting to watch Hibs at Tynecastle, but it makes sense.

BTW, how have I in the past bought tickets to Tynecastle, Ibrox and Parkhead?

J

@hibs.net private member
    So did all 400 get picked up before 12 noon?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chlub Hibernian View Post
    So did all 400 get picked up before 12 noon?

You would have to think so.

Interesting one that.

'Singing a death warrant'.

Any chance we could get the words and/or tune?

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post
    Hi there,

Have raised all the questions re issues with the online system yesterday. The club are in contact with Ticketmaster and we should hopefully be able to answer some of these questions today at some point.

Thanks

Tracey

Thank you Tracey, it is appreciated.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Hi Tracey

I know ticketing arrangements aren't your responsibility but it would be good to get some answers from Hibs regarding the inconsistencies in procedures and whether there is a plan in place to improve the entire system.

A few examples would be:

In the last year we have had a high demand game with online sales only, one with half online sales and half ticket office sales and then one with majority online and a small number held back for face to face sales.

Last year myself and hundreds of others queued overnight for Hearts tickets. Whilst the weather wasn't as inclement as the last few days it was still far from a pleasant experience in a Scottish winter with regular outbreaks of rain. I appreciate the decision to close the queue last night was a reactive one (and the correct one given the circumstances) but it is yet another inconsistency. Last year after vouchers were issued at approx 7.30am a few people asked if they could then leave the queue to go and eat, use the toilet etc and come back later and were advised that this wasn't possible.

Finally can the club explain why the issues surrounding ticketing arrangements seems so firmly off the table when it comes to discussions? An open review that attempted to engage as much of the fanbase as possible could see the information gathered to all Hibs to devise a system that benefited as many fans as possible. The current system seems somewhat inadequate for high demand games and could be improved in time for next season if the will was there.

Thanks
    Hi,

All great questions and all have been asked. I am just awaiting answers. We have had a request to arrange a meeting with Supporters re Loyalty Points which Frank and I are looking at arranging. It may be that we put this on the agenda for the Working Together Meeting.

I will come back to you once I have answers to your questions.

Thanks

Tracey