hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Hibs v Rangers pre match thoughts

Games coming thick and fast, another massive game for Hibs tomorrow, with the visit of Rangers
    I wouldn’t expect major changes, but looking at some of the injuries we picked up on Saturday, I’d expect a couple of changes, unless Neil decides to freshen up, as it’s a pretty demanding week we have
    Possible starts could include McGregor, Shaw or Murray
    We played 352 at Ibrox in August, could play this formation, or put Ambrose at right back?
    It’s a massive 3 points if we win

2. Log in to remove the advert

Would like to see Ambrose at right back and Shaw up front, with Stokes in behind.

The big question is............ Can it be 3-2 yet again?

Left by mutual consent!
    I think we really can take them and put another marker down.

3-1 to us, no Jack and no Dormans.

Hopefully the atmosphere is as intimidating as possible. Make those Hun players wish they were anywhere but leith on a cold December night.

I honestly think this could go either way and I can't call it. Hopefully a decent win though

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Can see us winning this okay. Boyle stokes and Murray up front please. Let stokes have his fun with tavernier

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

3-2 Hibs, obviously.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    3 - 0, they'll be hard pressed to get by Rocky if he's in the form he was on Saturday.

Pre-match thoughts are that The Rangers are gash and I'm hoping the hatred will keep me warm in very cold weather.

I'll take 1-0, a pitch invasion and 500 damaged seats just hear the whiney west coast media bleat all the way back along the M8.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    They're pish.

If the team that starts is the same team that finished the game on Sunday then we will win comfortably.

Another game I’m wary of overconfidence.

Rangers have won 3 in a row and will be growing in confidence. We made life difficult for ourselves at Ibrox by starting poorly and then failing to take our chances to kill the game and we ended up hanging on in the last 5 minutes rather than absolutely humping them.

We’ll need to be at close to our best to make sure we get 3 points and we need to take our chances and cut out the daft mistakes.

2-1 Hibs in a tight and tense game,
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    We should be looking to win this; Rangers are terrible and still don't have a manager. Go for the throat from the off and take the game to them. The support will be right up for this. I think we'll win 2-0 and look comfortable.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Too tough to call. Could go either way. I’ve a feeling we’ll be the better team but will be undone by appalling refereeing.

Which is seldom a feeling I have against Rangers if seldom means 4-6 times per season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another game I’m wary of overconfidence.

Rangers have won 3 in a row and will be growing in confidence. We made life difficult for ourselves at Ibrox by starting poorly and then failing to take our chances to kill the game and we ended up hanging on in the last 5 minutes rather than absolutely humping them.

We’ll need to be at close to our best to make sure we get 3 points and we need to take our chances and cut out the daft mistakes.

2-1 Hibs in a tight and tense game,
    Yep. They've beaten Aberdeen twice very recently and won't lack confidence.

Part of me thinks a 4-3-3 with boyle or Barker on the left to give Tavernier a torrid time and, once again, find him out.
    Another part of me says a 3-5-2 with Stokes and Murray up front and boyle RWB.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Hope we don't go easy on them and really go for the hammering. Same intensity as we show in derbys, straight from the off. Hate that vile institution.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    I remarked on the Celtic at home thread, regarding the next team selection.

I stand by my comment, that I now paraphrase ,,,,,,,,,,, " after the substitutions and tactical changes by NL against Celtic, I haven't got a Scooby".

3-2 us, of that I am sure.

Its going to be a tough game ... its all very well going on about how gash they are, but they have beaten the team 2nd in the league home and away in recent weeks and that's something we would be cock a hoop about if we had done it.

Having said that, they had a bit of a struggle against Ross County last Saturday and from the highlights it was encouraging to see how many decent chances Ross County made, in fact they missed a couple of very decent opportunities ..... If our defence holds firm we will make chances that I'm sure of, but we cant ignore the fact that they are also the leagues 2nd top scorers with 35 goals, 9 more than us and only 3 less than Celtic, though they have played a game more.

It wont be a pumping, I don't know if anybody has noticed but we don't pump teams, what it will be is a tight game and if there is a winner it will be 1 - 0 or 2 - 1 something like that.

Its a game we can win that's for sure, but its not going to be the cakewalk some folk seem to think it'll be.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Put your house on over 2.5 goals.

My pre match thoughts are that Scotland leaving Hampden, and talk that Hampden could be knocked down, are a smokescreen for The The rangers to come in and save the day, by moving to Hampden because their stadium is crumbling around them. But hey, that’s a whole other thread.😉

I think we are more than capable of winning tonight but we're also more than capable of losing.

I think we're two quite evenly matched teams and I'm quite wary of calling them terrible or gash or any other similar adjectives.

They are currently joint second in the league, 3 points ahead of us so if they're so terrible it doesn't say much for us.

They're certainly not the force they once were though and at Easter Road I'm certainly confident we can have the measure of them but I'm under no illusions that tonight is going to be easy.

2-1 to the good guys.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Too tough to call. Could go either way. I’ve a feeling we’ll be the better team but will be undone by appalling refereeing.

Which is seldom a feeling I have against Rangers if seldom means 4-6 times per season.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Very tough game they have decent players going forward and good energy and pace. Really important we match runners from midfield as we aren't the best at that and in Holt and Windass they have runners. Think it will be a decent open game and time for Stokes to get on the scoresheet. Need to defend better than we did on Sunday.

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    No dorrans or Jack and putting all their hopes on a young midfielder who’s carrying a knock they’ve won 3 on the bounce but were very poor against county

2-0 Hibs.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Will be a hard game tonight and we'll need to be at our best to get something.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Tight game, one goal in it either way.

I’m just hoping Stokes keeps his head and doesn’t get himself sent off. He was lucky to stay on the pitch at Ibrox.

I think I'm being too confident for tonight, but it's a good feeling to have. 3-1 Hibs

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    They won't be as confident as their previous incarnation were. Gone are the days when they expect to win every game and they will be nervous. We've given them reason to respect us in recent clashes so I think they'll sit in and hope to catch us on the break, trouble is I think we will do similar meaning a low scoring draw.