hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John Mcginn

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How? He’s not saying anything bad about McGinn, he even said he was brilliant for the last 20 mins.

Not may folk were singing his praises at half time, or the rest of the team for that matter, check out the match day thread.

It was a cracking midfield battle but for most of the game Celtic won it. If McGinn is to reach his potential he needs to be the stand out player, he wasn’t today.

Look, we all love McGinn but there’s nothing wrong if we don’t all worship his every move!
    Considering I got home to three separate messages from Sellick fans saying McGinn was a standout and a class above then I’d say he stood out.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Staggering that anyone would say McGinn was poor today. I thought his battle with Scott Brown was fascinating and neither really got the upper hand.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    He was part of the reason we came back into it. His drive and determination to win the bell back was exemplary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    Ok will do.you ****ing ********.sorry for having an opinion
    Your opinion is nonsense. How can anyone say Super John McGinn had a poor game today??

How? He’s not saying anything bad about McGinn, he even said he was brilliant for the last 20 mins.

Not may folk were singing his praises at half time, or the rest of the team for that matter, check out the match day thread.

It was a cracking midfield battle but for most of the game Celtic won it. If McGinn is to reach his potential he needs to be the stand out player, he wasn’t today.

Look, we all love McGinn but there’s nothing wrong if we don’t all worship his every move!
    We don't but your comments don't make sense. McGinn played well in the first half, it was Bartley and McGeoch who struggled (understandably against excellent opponents). Overall i cant remember a positive contribution from Brown but I can from McGinn. Just wait till we don't have him.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    McGinn was excellent today, behind only Efe for MOM.

Given a specific task today and succeeded. Scott Brown was not allowed to play.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar

The poster said McGinn was poor today. To me that is really stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    You cant say a bad word about mcginn on here.you'll get roasted.thought he was average at best.bring on boo boys
    Thank you - it seems as though having an opinion on a message board is against the law at times!!

Take today’s performance on face value, Brown outplayed McGinn for 70 mins, then McGinn started to get the upper hand...however there were numerous times McGinn was played out of the game by Brown.

It’s not a negative (despite the heinous crime of criticising SJM on Hibs.net!), just take off your green tinted glasses and accept a constructive criticism!

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Considering I got home to three separate messages from Sellick fans saying McGinn was a standout and a class above then I’d say he stood out.
    I watched the game with 4 Celtic fans (and oddly a Rangers fan) and all made comments about the epic battle between McGinn and Brown. I thought it was a great battle.

I got told to pipe down a bit from the Pub Manager after we equalised....... not a chance of it.

Quote Originally Posted by sauzee6_2 View Post
    Thank you - it seems as though having an opinion on a message board is against the law at times!!

Take today’s performance on face value, Brown outplayed McGinn for 70 mins, then McGinn started to get the upper hand...however there were numerous times McGinn was played out of the game by Brown.

It’s not a negative (despite the heinous crime of criticising SJM on Hibs.net!), just take off your green tinted glasses and accept a constructive criticism!
    As you say everyone is entitled to their opinion and that includes opinions on posts (yours included).

To put some context on your post Lennon thought he was outstanding today and he was awarded MOTM by the Sky commentary team (as far as I know Sky don't wear green tinted glasses , atleast not the Leith tint of green).

Not once did I say he was poor.I said imo he was average today.jist my opinion.hes a class act,& a player we will miss when he eventually leaves.don't mean to wind anybody up.LETS MOVE ON TO WEDNESDAY & BEAT THE HUNS 👍

Brown controlled a lot of the game but McGinn gave him problems and had his moments before really dominating the last 20.

I don't think it's outrageous to suggest McGinn has things to improve on (his set piece delivery in particular was poor until the short corner for the goal) but I also agree with a previous poster that suggested we perhaps judge SJM against unrealistically high standards. He really has been an outstanding signing, one of the most significant in our recent history you'd have to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by patlowe View Post
    Brown controlled a lot of the game but McGinn gave him problems and had his moments before really dominating the last 20.

I don't think it's outrageous to suggest McGinn has things to improve on (his set piece delivery in particular was poor until the short corner for the goal) but I also agree with a previous poster that suggested we perhaps judge SJM against unrealistically high standards. He really has been an outstanding signing, one of the most significant in our recent history you'd have to argue.
    Sshhhh don’t say that you will be ostracised on here!!

Sshhhh don’t say that you will be ostracised on here!!
    Is there any need tbh! Comments like this will get folks backs up when there really isn't any need! You've made your point as have others about his performance. Let's leave it rather than stir the hornets nest!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Is there any need tbh! Comments like this will get folks backs up when there really isn't any need! You've made your point as have others about his performance. Let's leave it rather than stir the hornets nest!
    Sorry Aldo, I take your point, but to receive criticism as I have on this thread I feel entitled to fight my corner.

Sorry Aldo, I take your point, but to receive criticism as I have on this thread I feel entitled to fight my corner.
    You've nowt to be sorry about but there's fighting your corner and leaving yourself open to criticism. Pretty fickle place at times but in time you'll become hardened to it.

If your not happy with a poster either ignore them or report it.

Try and enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    You've nowt to be sorry about but there's fighting your corner and leaving yourself open to criticism. Pretty fickle place at times but in time you'll become hardened to it.

If your not happy with a poster either ignore them or report it.

Try and enjoy it
    Thanks Aldo, trust me I have a thick skin!

Just don’t like it on here that having an opinion that differs from others means you are wrong.

Thanks Aldi, trust me I have a thick skin! Just don’t like it in here when having an opinion on here that differs from others means you are wrong.
    You'll need it as there will be many more times I would suspect

Coaching Staff
    Thought SJM did really well today and also think he had to contend with Dylan appearing unfit midway through the first half - noticed DM wincing and indicating to the bench that his groin was playing up again. Certainly there were a few challenges where he wasn't fully committed and I thought he was running impaired second half when (valiantly) tracking back. The work that SJM put in today was immense.

Thought big Ofir was excellent today Looked sharp off his line, stood tall, pulled off two goal saving stops, distribution with his feet was great.

Showed them far too much respect for long spells today but cracking last 20 minutes and can't fault the effort and work rate - top notch. But we must improve free kicks and and deliveries from corners when playing them into the box.

We won't come up against such a mobile and slick unit as Celtic at all this season so a point from 0-2 down is excellent, great fighting spirit and credit to the fans too for not giving up on the side.

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    I think a lot can be read into the fact that Broony (despite the number of fouls he committed ) constantly was complaining to the ref about SJM.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    The obvious comparison is with Scott Brown but let’s not forget that celtic paid £4.5m for Ntcham or whatever he’s called. On the occasions I’ve seen him I’d say he’s not in the same league as John Mcginn.

If bids come in for Mcginn, and that seems inevitable, let’s use that as the negotiating starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by thebakerboy View Post
    I think a lot can be read into the fact that Broony (despite the number of fouls he committed ) constantly was complaining to the ref about SJM.
    Yes the Celtic fans are moaning about McGinn continually fouling, but as it happens Hibs only committed 10 fouls to Celtic's 15.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by inglisavhibs View Post
    Yes the Celtic fans are moaning about McGinn continually fouling, but as it happens Hibs only committed 10 fouls to Celtic's 15.
    They clearly arent taking into consideration that SJMs erse is extremely large and opposing players just seem to bounce off it.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    The obvious comparison is with Scott Brown but let’s not forget that celtic paid £4.5m for Ntcham or whatever he’s called. On the occasions I’ve seen him I’d say he’s not in the same league as John Mcginn.

If bids come in for Mcginn, and that seems inevitable, let’s use that as the negotiating starting point.
    Correct. As McGinn isn’t French and only has 18 months left on his contract I’d be delighted with £3m even though he’s a far better player than Ntcham
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

I thought he did well for Celtic today, not a world beater but quite effective.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    McGinn was excellent, imho.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

People on here saying McGinn was poor, have a word. Quality performance today - toss up between him and Efe for our MOTM.