hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The ones who leave early will be the ones not bothering if times get tough again. The ones who stay and support the team (this team absolutely deserves support) get their rewards.

Makes no difference to me really, if Shaw had scored his chance at the death they would have missed one of the greatest Easter Road moments ever. The idea of missing something like that will be enough to keep me at Easter Road till the death every week until my death.

2. Log in to remove the advert

If you leave early purely because we are getting beat then you are a poor supporter. On the basis a supporter is there to support the team but by leaving early you aren't doing much supporting!

I can understand reasons just as having kids with you or transport issues though

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you leave early purely because we are getting beat then you are a poor supporter. On the basis a supporter is there to support the team but by leaving early you aren't doing much supporting!

I can understand reasons just as having kids with you or transport issues though
    Is that's dribble on your chin or a slaver people can leave when they want and don't deserve to judged.

Nobody should ever judge a supporter on the basis of them leaving early in my situation I often have to leave early on a Saturday as I start at 5pm in the corstorphine area I still purchased my season ticket in full knowledge of this staying in my seat at the top of east till final whistle as supporters know takes forever to get out as much as I hate leaving early and love my team my work pays for my season ticket catch 22 looking forward to Wednesday as I can stay to the end and celebrate a hibby victory

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Is that's dribble on your chin or a slaver people can leave when they want and don't deserve to judged.
    However people are entitled to have opinions without being insulted are they not?

Quote Originally Posted by Garymcl View Post
    Nobody should ever judge a supporter on the basis of them leaving early in my situation I often have to leave early on a Saturday as I start at 5pm in the corstorphine area I still purchased my season ticket in full knowledge of this staying in my seat at the top of east till final whistle as supporters know takes forever to get out as much as I hate leaving early and love my team my work pays for my season ticket catch 22 looking forward to Wednesday as I can stay to the end and celebrate a hibby victory

Not a single poster is making an issue of supporters leaving before final whistle to start work, collect kids , catch a train etc the only comments that I’ve read are directed at those who petulantly storm out after we lose a goal. Tbh it was comedy gold on Sunday as two guys in my row jumped out their seats thinking Celtc had scored a 3rd then the guy in front doubled back when he realised it was offside and banged straight into Mr Angry behind him who hadn’t seen the flag up. Neither then knew what to do! Funny to see!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Of course people can leave when they like, but I think what's being said is - why WOULD you leave early? Of course some will have family arrangements, work or freezing kids and that's totally understandable. What I don't get is those who talk hibs all week, post on the chat boards, buy their season tickets then can't stay for 90 minutes to get a quick getaway leaving half empty stands to finish the game and applaud the players. It's bizarre.
    Each to their own but it is a strange way to support the team in my opinion.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    That chance had nothing to do with how Hibs set up though, Dylan handed it to him on a plate. Until they scored I don’t remember another clear chance they had other than that. A lot of their big chances came when we were chasing the game. I said at half time it was going really well, they were ‘doninating’ While doing very little and we were creating small opportunities on the break (Boyle forcing a save from gordon being one)
    Rocky had one game deflected effort to save first half. That’s all he had to deal with the first 45.
    Last edited by greenlex; 12-12-2017 at 12:28 AM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I think the truth is half way between both of these polarising opinions.

If I'm being honest about yesterday, I thought we were fantastic in the last 15 minutes of the game, not just with the two goals but in our overall play. The pace that we played at, the urgency we showed to close Celtic down and the physical side of the game was all there to see. I don't think there's another team in Scotland who could have coped with how we played during that period and of course coming back from 2-0 down against the best team in the country is very impressive in itself.

However the rest of the match was disappointing from my point of view, I thought we were too passive in large spells and didn't really get close enough to Celtic for my liking. I thought we sat too deep and allowed them to take control of the ball too often. This was also the thoughts of Neil Lennon in his post match interview so there must be some truth in it.

I think it says a lot about how this club has grown over the last couple of years that we can come away from a match against a team that's gone almost 70 domestic games unbeaten and will undoubtedly win the league at a canter again this year, get a 2-2 draw against them after being 2-0 down with 15 minutes left and be left somewhat disappointed.

3 and a half years ago we could have only dreamed about that sort of scenario. We are definitely a club that's well and truly on the up and long may it continue.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    The ones who leave early will be the ones not bothering if times get tough again. The ones who stay and support the team (this team absolutely deserves support) get their rewards.

Makes no difference to me really, if Shaw had scored his chance at the death they would have missed one of the greatest Easter Road moments ever. The idea of missing something like that will be enough to keep me at Easter Road till the death every week until my death.
    I'm in the "not bothered" camp, it's up to folk what they want to do. But outside of necessities (trains, kids, whatever) it's this bit I don't understand. No one is telling me that all the types who head for the exits at 80-85mins every week all absolutely have to, and folk do it when games are in the balance. For me, the chance of seeing a winning goal far outweighs the few minutes of my day I lose by not being able to stride unhindered out of the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    However people are entitled to have opinions without being insulted are they not?
    Yip but they should carry a tissue to wipe their chin

The Exodus on Sunday had little to do with avoiding queues. It was a direct result of Sinclair apparently scoring a hatrick in a ten minute spell. And genuine fears of watching the roof cave in.

Most of us have been through games where Celtic gave us a pasting. As have the rest of Scottish football fans.

Not everyone has the stomach for a fight when your team is in this position. I'm just happy that unlike a tiny minority of fellow supporters, this team under Neil Lennon don't know when they are beaten.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Celtic supporting colleague is of the opinion of the game went on for another ten minutes we'd have won. I found it hard to disagree.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    Celtic supporting colleague is of the opinion of the game went on for another ten minutes we'd have won. I found it hard to disagree.
    They were as likely to score again as us IMO. After (deservedly) trailing by 2 goals, I'll take the draw.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    Agree with you about the early leavers. Been a few threads on this issue and I will never understand so many in our crowd leaving early every week.
    This team plays right until the end. Out fans should stay to the end and appreciate what we are seeing.
    That include yesterday ?