hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Testimonial Due

Well done Hibs (poor small amount of fans)

Brilliant fight back, did not see that coming at all,thought for 70mins we were poor and lacked energy. Was flat from the off, this Celtic team are there to get at if you can show good energy and get them turning. That’s 6 goals in 3 games we have notched against them, might have ended up nicking it at the end. The attitude to get back into it was brilliant. Just a slight negative for me was I noticed where I was sitting in the east soo many fans leaving after Sinclair got his 3rd disallowed. Poor show it was only about 72nd minute. This hibs team have abit of grit about them, Aberdeen at hampden another example. Stick with them, they deserve it.

And finally...
    Ambrose MOTM by a mile IMO.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I thought we got it absolutely spot on up till we went behind. The mistakes apart we were doing just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brilliant fight back, did not see that coming at all,thought for 70mins we were poor and lacked energy. Was flat from the off, this Celtic team are there to get at if you can show good energy and get them turning. That’s 6 goals in 3 games we have notched against them, might have ended up nicking it at the end. The attitude to get back into it was brilliant. Just a slight negative for me was I noticed where I was sitting in the east soo many fans leaving after Sinclair got his 3rd disallowed. Poor show it was only about 72nd minute. This hibs team have abit of grit about them, Aberdeen at hampden another example. Stick with them, they deserve it.

And finally...
    Ambrose MOTM by a mile IMO.
    Agree with you about the early leavers. Been a few threads on this issue and I will never understand so many in our crowd leaving early every week.
    This team plays right until the end. Out fans should stay to the end and appreciate what we are seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    Agree with you about the early leavers. Been a few threads on this issue and I will never understand so many in our crowd leaving early every week.
    This team plays right until the end. Out fans should stay to the end and appreciate what we are seeing.

The early leavers missed the goals, so got their just desserts.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    I thought we got it absolutely spot on up till we went behind. The mistakes apart we were doing just fine.
    Really? You think sitting in letting them have all the ball and let’s be honest will eventually score is doing fine. People need to stop playing for a draw and showing Celtic to much respect. It clearly showed when we went at them they cracked. Celtic on another day may have scored 4 or 5. We should never be dominated like that by any Scottish team and certainly not start attacking them after 75 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Really? You think sitting in letting them have all the ball and let’s be honest will eventually score is doing fine. People need to stop playing for a draw and showing Celtic to much respect. It clearly showed when we went at them they cracked. Celtic on another day may have scored 4 or 5. We should never be dominated like that by any Scottish team and certainly not start attacking them after 75 mins.
    Correct. Although I'm obviously thrilled about the comeback and the spirit the team showed to get back into the game, I was disappointed with the way that we approached the game.

If we had shown a bit more positivity instead of waiting until we're 2-0 down before having a go then we might have actually won the game.

We had Celtic on the ropes for the last 15 minutes today. There was very little of the aggression we showed in that period during the other 75 minutes and that disappointed me.

Yup. Our own defensive lapses aside Rocky had one game save to make first half. The game plan was much like the cup semi final. Give them possession in their own half. If you press them high they will just pass it round you. Nothing wrong with it. They are better than us by quite a ways. I will concede we needed to be better on the ball but we were doing just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    The early leavers missed the goals, so got their just desserts.

Was thinking that too.

@hibs.net private member
    Yup. Our own defensive lapses aside Rocky had one game save to make first half. The game plan was much like the cup semi final. Give them possession in their own half. If you press them high they will just pass it round you. Nothing wrong with it. They are better than us by quite a ways. I will concede we needed to be better on the ball but we were doing just fine.

it was going well until they got a bit of luck.

Have to disagree with you on this one Lex. I thought Hibs were brutal especially first half. Until we scored that’s when we went at them and got a draw. Not sure how folk think sitting in hoping for the best is the way forward. Semi we sat in got roasted then changed it and came back looking the better side.

Another 10 mins I think Hibs could have won it, all because we stopped letting them have the ball.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    People giving flack to other supporters for leaving early i find strange. I left after the 2nd goal because my 5 year old laddie moaned the whole way through the game that he was freezing cold. He wasnt up for going going in the 1st place because a 5 year old doesnt want to sit freezing his mini sacks off. So take great delight in the fact that fellow supporters missed what was a great comeback if thats what floats ur boat , and totally ignore the hassle and effort it takes some people to support the team and try to bring their youngsters along with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    it was going well until they got a bit of luck.
    We got lucky then as well with our goals. Both teams goals were preventable. But Celtic could and should have been out of sight. Forrest sitter for starters, that’s not doing fine that’s riding your luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Correct. Although I'm obviously thrilled about the comeback and the spirit the team showed to get back into the game, I was disappointed with the way that we approached the game.

If we had shown a bit more positivity instead of waiting until we're 2-0 down before having a go then we might have actually won the game.

We had Celtic on the ropes for the last 15 minutes today. There was very little of the aggression we showed in that period during the other 75 minutes and that disappointed me.
    That’s where am at. I’m gutted now looking back we never won it. Start the game in a positive manner we would have. Celtic aren’t what people think, the media love it and we all believe it. 🙄

Have to disagree with you on this one Lex. I thought Hibs were brutal especially first half. Until we scored that’s when we went at them and got a draw. Not sure how folk think sitting in hoping for the best is the way forward. Semi we sat in got roasted then changed it and came back looking the better side.

Another 10 mins I think Hibs could have won it, all because we stopped letting them have the ball.
    I think being two goals up(just like the semi)perhaps change the way Celtic played as much as us changing the way we played. They slowed the game down. When they mive it quick they really are hard to pin down. When we changed we left big gaps that they exploited and could have scored two or three fairly easily. Yes we were more of a threat but that came at a huge risk. Had they had their shots g boots on it could have finished 3-6

I think being two goals up(just like the semi)perhaps change the way Celtic played as much as us changing the way we played. They slowed the game down. When they mive it quick they really are hard to pin down. When we changed we left big gaps that they exploited and could have scored two or three fairly easily. Yes we were more of a threat but that came at a huge risk. Had they had their shots g boots on it could have finished 3-6
    I think it’s simply down to Hibs having nothing to lose and thinking **** it. Where that attitude should be applied from the start. I get others like yourself wont agree that’s football 😁

Hibs will win more games if they go out to win them rather than hope for a draw or worry about the other teams tactics. Play to your own strengths and that imo is we are better attacking teams.
    Last edited by Thecat23; 10-12-2017 at 08:00 PM.

I think it’s simply down to Hibs having nothing to lose and thinking **** it. Where that attitude should be applied from the start. I get others like yourself wont agree that’s football 😁

Hibs will win more game if they go out to win them rather than hope for a draw or worry about the other teams tactics. Play to your own strengths and that imo is we are better attacking teams.
    I agree against anyone else but you can’t do that for 90 mins against Celtic. Others have tried and eventually run out of steam. We should’ve been better on the ball when defending like that and that was ultimately hiow we ended two goals behind. Upside was we had to change and got our two goals. It could just as easily ended in a right good hiding.
    Last edited by greenlex; 10-12-2017 at 08:30 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    I wasn't able to go to the game today and was unable to keep tabs how it was progressing, so I'm coming at it from the perspective of somebody who saw the final score and whose reaction was one of delight.

I accept it may have been frustrating to be there and feel we showed Celtic too much respect, but if you step back and think about the fact we've emerged unbeaten from both league games and scored four goals against them then I think there's a lot to be pleased by. Both games have been widely praised by the media so we're obviously doing something right.

As a big Neil Lennon fan, I'm happy to put my faith in his tactics. Would anyone seriously have been unhappy with a pair of 2-2 draws with Celtic so far this league campaign? Yes, maybe if we'd adopted a more gung-ho approach early on we might have taken the lead, but might equally have then been overrun.

It's a well done Hibs from me and if we can take something off The Rangers in midweek we'll have made a great start to a very demanding month.

Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    People giving flack to other supporters for leaving early i find strange. I left after the 2nd goal because my 5 year old laddie moaned the whole way through the game that he was freezing cold. He wasnt up for going going in the 1st place because a 5 year old doesnt want to sit freezing his mini sacks off. So take great delight in the fact that fellow supporters missed what was a great comeback if thats what floats ur boat , and totally ignore the hassle and effort it takes some people to support the team and try to bring their youngsters along with them.
    Don't think anyone delighting in the likes of yourself & child missing the comeback, , my son was't feeling 100% today and I thought from the start we might have to leave early - but as it happened we didn't. Loads of adults without children walked out long before the end though, it is their choice but a strange one at 2-0 when a game is never over.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Don't think anyone delighting in the likes of yourself & child missing the comeback, , my son was't feeling 100% today and I thought from the start we might have to leave early - but as it happened we didn't. Loads of adults without children walked out long before the end though, it is their choice but a strange one at 2-0 when a game is never over.
    Id sooner take issue with fans who dont bother their ***** to go along to matches than with people leaving early. At least they pay their money and are entitled to leave at their own discretion. I dont understand people having a go at fans for leaving early

Few lads in front of me who stood up to leave after Celtic's third goal 'went in'. Once they realised it was disallowed they stopped to turn back but probably realised they'd look daft if they went to sit back down again and opted to leave anyway. Each to their own but I'd be feeling like a bit of a muppet if I were them m.

I stood up to leave at 3-0 took 2 steps forward and when it was disallowed i sat back down

First Team Regular aussie_hibee's Avatar

I feel the same and have given this abit of thought. That's 3 times now where we have only pressed them and hada go at them in the 2nd half. I am beginning to wonder if NL thinks it isbetter to get to HT and still in the game and then trying
    to match them for 45 mins. Whether he feelsit’s too hard to press them constantly for 90 mins. Or maybe he feels after HT,it negates the opportunity for Rodgers to address any issues at HT.

But it certainly seems to me that a patternis emerging and it’s for a reason.

N.B. I’m not saying I agree with it, just anobservation.

Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    Id sooner take issue with fans who dont bother their ***** to go along to matches than with people leaving early. At least they pay their money and are entitled to leave at their own discretion. I dont understand people having a go at fans for leaving early
    Understand your sentiment mate.

Paying customers can leave early at concerts, at the theatre or at the cinema. Admittedly they would look a plum for doing so in that environment. However I guess being a football supporter is slightly different from being just a paying customer in that you come along with the intention of supporting your team.

On reflection I would never give people a hard time for leaving early. Not every fan has the bottle to stick it out when the going gets tough.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Understand your sentiment mate.

Paying customers can leave early at concerts, at the theatre or at the cinema. Admittedly they would look a plum for doing so in that environment. However I guess being a football supporter is slightly different from being just a paying customer in that you come along with the intention of supporting your team.

On reflection I would never give people a hard time for leaving early. Not every fan has the bottle to stick it out when the going gets tough.
    That's because you're there to be entertained and can be a critic if that's not happening.

I know a few older guys who always leave at 80 minutes in games where the barrier is in place. If they stay to the end they have to wait 20+ minutes or walk the long way round in the crowd. It is ridiculous that the home fans are treated this way at Easter Road but nowhere else in Scotland.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    I don't see why anybody has to justify leaving early, if you want to leave then leave, if you want to stay then stay. Makes no difference to me.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    I don't see why anybody has to justify leaving early, if you want to leave then leave, if you want to stay then stay. Makes no difference to me.
    Same here.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Exactly this. I don't get all this having a big problem what other people choose to do, provided they aren't obnoxious or abusive. Getting out of a seat you've paid for going home doesn't fit into that category.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Same here.
    Same here, I left the Falkirk semi final at 0-3 and to this day don’t regret it. Caught the end on tv missed the horrible long wait to get back and headed out for beers. Great day as it turned out!

Probably makes a difference to the players though.

Everyone’s entitled to do what they want. I just think we have an unusually high number of fans who leave early either as a matter of course or because we’re losing. It’s weird sitting opposite the East Stand and seeing it empty every week from 80 minutes on.

Quote Originally Posted by aussie_hibee View Post

I feel the same and have given this abit of thought. That's 3 times now where we have only pressed them and hada go at them in the 2nd half. I am beginning to wonder if NL thinks it isbetter to get to HT and still in the game and then trying
    to match them for 45 mins. Whether he feelsit’s too hard to press them constantly for 90 mins. Or maybe he feels after HT,it negates the opportunity for Rodgers to address any issues at HT.

But it certainly seems to me that a patternis emerging and it’s for a reason.

N.B. I’m not saying I agree with it, just anobservation.
    That could well be the case, but even the second half I thought we were very poor. It wasn’t until 0-2 down 75 mins in we started to play. If you want to hold them till HT at least come out all guns blazing and hit them where it hurts.