hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oli Shaw

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip shop Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks, hopefully this is being address as I would imagine in the grand scheme of things the amount of money involved is not huge.

Hopefully we are not going to rely on the jambos incompetence lasting forever.
    Surely it’s not the only reason. I don’t know much about scouting etc, but maybe Hearts took on too many players, can’t keep them all retained

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Certainly historically they were also throwing money at their youth / fringe players

A guy whose family I know went in expecting to get freed and instead got a 5 year deal, didn't play many games in that time for them either.

Hearts also outbid Aston Villa for his younger brother, who I must admit was probably the best young player I had seen as a youth, but failed to make the breakthrough and ended up retiring injured

He was also on a long and lucrative contract as a youth

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Surely it’s not the only reason. I don’t know much about scouting etc, but maybe Hearts took on too many players, can’t keep them all retained
    There is also the bit that unless they are 6ft 6 and built like a brick outhouse they are unlikely to fit into their preferred "agricultural" style of play

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yonder1875 View Post
    I'd be bold and start him on Wednesday in a front 3 with Stokes on the left and Boyle on the right.

With both Murrays available from the bench.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Would have no qualms about starting him on Wednesday his movement and goal threat would cause loads of problems to an average defence IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    They pay more money for scouts.

I think this all change when Leeann came in, George Craig and Graeme Mathie were appointed to identify and sign players, we now have a better scouting network in operation.

Quote Originally Posted by 18Hibee75 View Post
    Oli, oli Shaw, oli Shaw, oli, oli Shaw na na na na na na na etc.. Was good on Sunday when it was sung

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk
    It was good on Sunday, maybe he could have 2 songs, one for each goal he scores tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Don't worry

I once turned up a week early for a pre-season friendly against Birmingham

Its easy done :-)
    So did I ..... the thing is there were 4 other folk who should have known the game was the following week but nobody noticed

Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    Reminds me a tad like Harry Kane when he started at spurs, was a bit scrawny. If he can develop physically, he could be a very good player.
    That's what springs to mind when I see Oli play .... As you say Kane was a bit scrawny when he first started in the Spurs team too but look at him now.

I don't think Lennon will start Shaw against the Huns, but he certainly is looking like the real deal as an impact sub for the time being, every time he comes on something happens, even against Sunderland he was very unlucky not to score .... he seems to have a happy knack of getting himself into good positions and he doesn't panic, he did exactly the right thing with his shot against Celtic when Gordon spilled the ball.

So far as 'bulking up' goes I don't think its the be all and end all, he might not be the kind of guy who can pile on the muscle, but there have been plenty of strikers over the years built like Oli Shaw who have been brilliant, I don't recall Alan Gordon being built like Hulk Hogan but he wasn't bad

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I'm sure they released him when they went into admin, he's apparently got a brother with them too who's meant to be decent.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    They pay more money for scouts.
    Paid. Past tense.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    The boy is a footballer. Very good in the second half.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I thought he was a passenger in the first half, but in the second half he was much more involved. He’s very much like Jason Cummings in his early days. The difference is that he has a bit more to his game than Cummings did. Ultimately it will come down to the number of goals he scores, but he looks the part to me.

United we stand here....