hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oli Shaw

Left by mutual consent!
    Too soon to start on Wednesday. Just keep what he's doing and don't over use him.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Yep, am liking everything I see and hear about the lad, looks to be able to compete at first team level. Good times at Hibs just now.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Great composure for the goal and the chance and think he is now ahead of Dave in the pecking order which suggests to me Dave will be away in Jan to make room for a wide attacking player or maybe even an additional attacking midfielder.

Shaw showed great strength for his goal.
    Feel sorry for Big Dave, not really had a chance to the extent the fans don't know how good or bad he is.
    Murray is a grafter who occasionally scores a great league goal.

The place alongside Stokes is still up for grabs.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenPJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great composure for the goal and the chance and think he is now ahead of Dave in the pecking order which suggests to me Dave will be away in Jan to make room for a wide attacking player or maybe even an additional attacking midfielder.
    Big Dave will get his chance but think his main role just now is company for Vickki

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Big Dave will get his chance but think his main role just now is company for Vickki
    I would be surprised if big Dave gets a chance now. Would bet he is moved on next month.

Shaw will be a great player for us in the coming years.

Yams on boakback claiming he was at them to start with, anyone confirm? is he a Hibs man?

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    Yams on boakback claiming he was at them to start with, anyone confirm? is he a Hibs man?
    Don't know but almost wish he had been

They would be absolutely spewing to have let both him and Cummings go.

Think there is another banging in the goals for the development squad they also let go?

He's a hibs fan definitely.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 18Hibee75 View Post
    He's a hibs fan definitely.

I don't think Dave will get a chance at all. Can't see when or how he gets in to the team, unless we have some kind of injury crisis.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    He was was released by them, not sure what age though His parents are from Dumfries, so probably brought up a Queens fan, but a Hibbee now
    Our 2nd top scorer in development team, Jamie Gullan was also released by them

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    He was was released by them, not sure what age though His parents are from Dumfries, so probably brought up a Queens fan, but a Hibbee now
    I'd happily have every striker a former Jambo youth player if it gives them extra fire in the belly to succeed, and if they do make the grade JC is an example of the pleasure taken sticking it up em (John Robertson whilst slightly different is a similar example reversed).

I'd be bold and start him on Wednesday in a front 3 with Stokes on the left and Boyle on the right.

I’d love it if he starts on Wednesday. IMO we need a partner for Stokesy so he can drift out to the left and rip Tavernier a new one, just like some game in May last year.....

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Oli knows the way to goal, has the happy knack of finding himself in the right place and finishes well, but IMO he is nowhere near ready to start games and him doing so may stunt his development.

IMO he is physically miles off being ready to deal with centre half's roughing him up for 90 minutes and would contribute very little.

He didn't win a single challenge today or a foot race for the ball, which to me shows that at this stage of his development he lacks the physicality required

I think he will go onto become a very good striker for us, but I would much prefer that Lennon eased him gently into the team with substitute appearances as Mowbray did with Fletcher whilst working on and allowing the laddie the time to mature physically without ruining him.
    I thought the exact same with Deek thinking he was far too lightweight and would take year or two or indeed may never make it ! What a judge I am ?

Very exciting prospect.

Excellent finish to lift it over Gordon yesterday.

Also played a sublime 1-2 with Ambrose last week which was unlucky not to end in a goal

Annan Athletic ;)

Oli, Oli, Oli, Oli... Oli, Oli..

To the tune of Olé, Olé, Olé

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Oli, Oli, Oli, Oli... Oli, Oli..

To the tune of Olé, Olé, Olé
    Oli, oli Shaw, oli Shaw, oli, oli Shaw na na na na na na na etc.. Was good on Sunday when it was sung

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Stokes, Murray and Shaw are all decent options to have and Neil will juggle them as he sees fit. Add another quality striker in January and we will be well covered.Add to that we still haven’t really seen what big Matulevicius has to offer yet either.

Oli Shaw will get his chance when the time is right but with 3 huge games in 6 days I wouldn’t be surprised to see Murray start on Wed.
    Matulevicius would appear to be doing not enough in training. If he was outshining the rest of our squad he would surely be starting regularly.
    I'm convinced that he is going to be one of those " never quite broke through" players that come and go for every club.

Big Dave I’m told Is going come Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Big Dave I’m told Is going come Jan.
    Hes not allowed to leave. Vicky would be lost without him.

@hibs.net private member WellingtonHibby's Avatar
    I think, tin hat on, he is a prospect and nothing more. There is still zero guarantee he'll cut it at this level and its unfair to heap too much expectation on a very physically slight, albeit talented young lad. We've had plenty of young guys who have burst on the scene and never quite made the jump up to first team and 2 goals dont make you a starter or a established striker. Id much rather see him eased in, coming off the bench and continuing to develop.
    Kicking it in Wellington .

In the post match Lennon said he was considering starting him for the Celtic game but decided against in the end as he thought he might struggle to cope with such a big game.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he gave him a start against rangers.

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieCowan View Post
    Annan Athletic ;)
    His grandad is their chairman

Billy any idea why Hearts seem to be identifying these players as well as Cummings ahead of us?

Luckily they are releasing them but the fact that 3 of our best young players of recent years were first identified by Hearts seems slightly strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip shop Joe View Post
    Billy any idea why Hearts seem to be identifying these players as well as Cummings ahead of us?

Luckily they are releasing them but the fact that 3 of our best young players of recent years were first identified by Hearts seems slightly strange.
    They pay more money for scouts.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    They pay more money for scouts.
    Thanks, hopefully this is being address as I would imagine in the grand scheme of things the amount of money involved is not huge.

Hopefully we are not going to rely on the jambos incompetence lasting forever.